Bama1 is offline New Member

Pregnancy! Vets please help!

Hey guys,

After eight years of begging my wife to have a child she has finally decided to try and get pregnant. I am about three weeks into a test e (500 mg/wk) and dbol (25 mg/day) cycle. I have decided to stop the cycle immediately but my question is: Do you think my sperm count has already gotten too low for her to conceive? I have been researching the board and have seen a few instances where women have gotten pregnant when there boyfriends/husbands have been on cycle but I also know that test is a male birth control. What are my chances and should I start clomid immediately? BTW, this my 2nd cycle. the first was the same except it was Sust instead of Test E. This was about a year ago and it went for 10 weeks.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    3 weeks into the test should just be kicking in... You should be fine bro... There's plenty of stories of men getting women pregnant during a heavy steroid cycle...

Have you ever had your sperm count checked? Unless it's naturally low you should be good to go... 3 weeks of test is not going to stop you...

Bama1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    3 weeks into the test should just be kicking in... You should be fine bro... There's plenty of stories of men getting women pregnant during a heavy steroid cycle...

Have you ever had your sperm count checked? Unless it's naturally low you should be good to go... 3 weeks of test is not going to stop you...

Thanks Buff for the quick response. That's what I was hoping to hear. I think I will go ahead and have my sperm count checked just to be sure. Then after we conceive , I can start back, if I decide to.

Thanks again

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    best of luck to you bro

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Go hit up the doc and then your wife

Good luck though seriously.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    You should be ok. Good luck!!!!

hybrid is offline Member
    congrats on your soon to be bigger family. And if it takes awhile for your sperm count to come back up, your wife can't deny you keep trying to conceive a couple, two three times a day right?

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    congrats on your soon to be bigger family. And if it takes awhile for your sperm count to come back up, your wife can't deny you keep trying to conceive a couple, two three times a day right?
    congratulations...let us no when it happans...when she says shes pregnant, not the conception

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It depends a lot on the individual - but testosterone enanthate is researched as a male contraceptive. But 3 weeks is probably not long enough to get that effect. Treatments as a contraceptive generally last many months. In fact, high dose AAS has also been administered to restore fertility in men with low sperm counts - up to 60 percent of people with low sperm counts experience a rebound effect after cessation of the steroid . Stop the gear - take some Clomid.

As far as the last cycle - 1 year should have been enough to fully recover. "The normal cycle of sperm development from spermatogenia to mature spermatid in the testes is about 2 months, it is not surprising that the repopulation of the germinal epithelium to pretreatment sperm counts following cessation of steroid treatment may take 6 months or even nearly 1 year for some men. No cases of irreversabile infertility as a result of anabolic steroid administeration have ever been reliably documented." (Friedl 2000)

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    don't quit the cycle br0- 5-8 more weeks is no big deal.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    4 weeks into my deca /dbol stack and I successfully impregnated my wife. #3 is due 3/3/2004.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama1
    Hey guys,

After eight years of begging my wife to have a child she has finally decided to try and get pregnant. I am about three weeks into a test e (500 mg/wk) and dbol (25 mg/day) cycle. I have decided to stop the cycle immediately but my question is: Do you think my sperm count has already gotten too low for her to conceive? I have been researching the board and have seen a few instances where women have gotten pregnant when there boyfriends/husbands have been on cycle but I also know that test is a male birth control. What are my chances and should I start clomid immediately? BTW, this my 2nd cycle. the first was the same except it was Sust instead of Test E. This was about a year ago and it went for 10 weeks.
    God that sounds like me... when I'm really horny, begging for sex... I cant get any from my wife for nothing... but when I'm not so interested, just jacked off in the shower, etc, then she'd all over me and ready for a marathon. Why is sex only allowed when its not good for you?

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    IMO you don't need to stop your cycle. Even though the test may not have fully impaired your chances for infertility, the d-bol may. I was on a heavy cycle of d-bol 50mg/d, test prop 100mg/d and tren 75mg/d. My wife and I wanted to have another little baby and I was ~ 9 weeks into the cycle. We kept trying to no avail. Well, this is usually the time I run hCG ......and it worked like a charm. My baby boy was born last Wed Oct 1st. He is healthy as can by. So there is an option if you don't want to stop cycle. I am not guaranteeing it will work for everyone, but it did for me. Depending on your depth of inhibition, clomid could take awhile to work. So just an option. Also with my second child (now number 3), I was running test at 600mg/wk and deca 400mg/week and we got pregnant (wife actually) at week 12 without the use of any exogenous stimulating compounds. So everyone is different, and will become inhibited and respond to exogenous recovery/mediating agents differently. So it is up to you. But good luck, and enjoy the experience. Also don't worry about AAS being teratogenic on your end.
    Last edited by ichabodcrane; 10-09-2003 at 03:05 AM.

Thread Information