MagicStick is offline New Member

Drinking?? Bad or Not??

Im not on any cycles or anything at the moment but I was wondering how bad drinking is (beer/liquor). Does it affect you alot during your workouts the next day. When I drink I usually try and do some cardio and drink alot of water the next morning and try and sweat most of it out of my system... Any input would be great. Thanks alot

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    point blank...drinking dehydrates you and rots your liver..and this is not really a steroid question

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    I could swear this question comes up every 3 days. Isn't there something about alcohol and AS in the educational forums?!

realityarts is offline Member
    It seems like the alcohol question pops up quite a bit. As often stated, alcohol takes a toll on the liver and every cell in your body - it is a foreign substance. Even most of the health benefits that are mentioned these days regarding alcohol use are related to the antioxidants it may contain (rather than the alcohol itself) - though antioxidants can be obtained in much better ways.

Perhaps the best way to drive home the affects that alcohol has on bodybuilders, is to state the fact that alcohol inhibits testosterone!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    You know after a while you grow up and your realize alchohol is the enemy.. A lot of my dumb freinds always bust my balls when i go out and drink water when their getting wasted for one im probally on Sauce or was on sauce. And Second, I bust my ass in the gym, and dieting and everything else to see results not drink them away. ALL those guys look like shit and im jacked then when there looking in the mirror their wishing they could look like me...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    another alcohol question aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.Alcohol suppresses your test levels,f**ks your liver up and will hamper any growth you hope to have.Changes Dopamine in your brain to THQI therefore making you very vulnerable to becoming an alcoholic or have a addictive personality.Still wanna drink? db

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Alcohol falls in the same line as anything else that is too good to be true. I have a glass or two once a week with dinner. It will dehydrate you and fubar your liver. Everything in moderation.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Alcohol falls in the same line as anything else that is too good to be true. I have a glass or two once a week with dinner. It will dehydrate you and fubar your liver. Everything in moderation.
    I believe it also counteracts all the creatine you've had in the last week with just 2 beers, so if you drink any type alcohol even in extreme moderation, then dont waste your time taking creatine. It also causes a double stack of damage to liver just like combination alcohol and cocaine will rot the liver in triple time, so will steroids and alcohol.

Alcohol from experience makes me piss alot and dehydrates me. Thus making creatine in your supplement cabinet....useless.

dash812 is offline New Member
    that shit aint a foreign substance in my body. i drink so much i think my body has started to produce its own alcohol.
    anyway, what theyre saying is that its bad and you shouldnt be drinking alcohol. but you shouldnt be doing steroids either. the first steroids i took was only 6 shots of sus 250 in like 5 weeks and i drank just as much as i always had. i blew up like a goddamn balloon. i was skinny though so that probably leaves more room to grow.
    if i was on an oral steroid , then helllllll noooo i would NOT drink a bit. but then again, i would never take an oral steroid anyway.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by dash812
    that shit aint a foreign substance in my body. i drink so much i think my body has started to produce its own alcohol.
    anyway, what theyre saying is that its bad and you shouldnt be drinking alcohol. but you shouldnt be doing steroids either. the first steroids i took was only 6 shots of sus 250 in like 5 weeks and i drank just as much as i always had. i blew up like a goddamn balloon. i was skinny though so that probably leaves more room to grow.
    if i was on an oral steroid, then helllllll noooo i would NOT drink a bit. but then again, i would never take an oral steroid anyway.
    im sure somewhere this post had a point....I just cant find it

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    the first steroids i took was only 6 shots of sus 250 in like 5 weeks and i drank just as much as i always had. i blew up like a goddamn balloon. i was skinny though so that probably leaves more room to grow.
    Well i'm sitting here scratching my head, trying to figure out what's worse, the '6 shots of sust in 5 wks for a cycle idea' or drinking a lot when on a cycle (if you call it that).

if any orals are involved with the cycle, i refuse to drink any alcohol. on cycle (no orals) or off cycle i may chose to have one or two on occassion, but that's it.

I work too hard the rest of the week to ruin it in one night.

bRKBEATz is offline Junior Member
    Is it true that 2 beers counteracts all the creatine youve had in a week? I've been cutting back on drinking recently but I definately have at least 2 beers a week. Does this mean my creatine is worthless?

i didnt call it a cycle, it was whatever my roomate had left over, i didnt pay anything for it

Quote Originally Posted by bRKBEATz
    Is it true that 2 beers counteracts all the creatine youve had in a week? I've been cutting back on drinking recently but I definately have at least 2 beers a week. Does this mean my creatine is worthless?
    well...inside your cells, creatine binds a water molecule. this is one of the actions of creatine, and the reason for the often rapid weight gain (water weight). this is one way creatine achieves it's effects.

when you drink alcohol or consume caffeine, you are dehydrating yourself, which is counteracting this action of creatine. you are also depeleting water soluble vitamins, electrolites, and any recently consumed creatine in circulation.

2 beer will not completely counteract all the creatine you've had in a week, but it's not helping.

i didnt call it a cycle, it was whatever my roomate had left over, i didnt pay anything for it
    that's a good way to fuck yourself up
    Last edited by halifaxsteve; 10-10-2003 at 01:39 PM.

MagicStick is offline New Member
    sorry guys i didnt know that there was that many ?'s about this subject already on here. i just logged on for being gone for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by halifaxsteve
    that's a good way to fuck yourself up
    I second that. Thats like jumping head first into the shallow end of the pool.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    if i was on an oral steroid, then helllllll noooo i would NOT drink a bit. but then again, i would never take an oral steroid anyway.
    WTF......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I second that. Thats like jumping head first into the shallow end of the pool.
    ive done that too...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    im sure somewhere this post had a point....I just cant find it
    Sounds like he wants to get drunk all the time while doing roids and doesnt like what he's hearing from us! Hehehe

Thread Information