Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    4inguy is offline New Member

hgh deforming my skull

hello ya'll,

ever since i've taken HGH 4IU/day for 9weeks, i've noticed my skull deforming. There is a little bump on my forehead that was never there before. also my elbow joints are definitely longer. Is it possible that HGH can cause skull deformities or is it all in my head. i'm not sure if i want to do another cycle anymore.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4inguy
    hello ya'll,

ever since i've taken HGH 4IU/day for 9weeks, i've noticed my skull deforming. There is a little bump on my forehead that was never there before. also my elbow joints are definitely longer. Is it possible that HGH can cause skull deformities or is it all in my head. i'm not sure if i want to do another cycle anymore.
    Yes HGH can cause additional bone growth un the jaw and skull.

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest quiting the HGH now. Somes sides are reversable. I doubt if bone growth is.

iKNOW is offline New Member
    wow. if these are the symptoms of acromegaly and so they seem to be, I say you jump off hGH right now before they aggrevate. How old are you?

and yes exogenous hGH supply is known to cause acromegaly as a side-effect among other things. you'd be better off not touching it again.
    Last edited by iKNOW; 10-05-2003 at 08:38 AM.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    How old are you?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    and yes exogenous hGH supply is known to cause acromegaly as a side-effect among other things. you'd be better off not touching it again.
    Absolutey, the changes you have are not going to go away. Did you notice it quickly?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Anyone under 30 has no reason to use hgh.I don't know how old you are,but from what is happening to you I'm guessing 18-21.I'm 43 and use 4ius 6 on 1 off.Works great for me,buy I'm in the age bracket that is suppose to be using the stuff.9 weeks isn't that long of a time.hgh usually takes around 3 mos to kick in,but if your young and full of natural hgh,it could kick in more rapidly.STOP NOW!

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    FINALLY I'm reading people say HGH can cause symptoms similar to acromegaly. I've read it in a number of places but it's always roundly denied whenever I've mentioned it, or seen others mention it. The Ken Caminiti/Steroids article that was in Sports Illustrated a couple years ago talked about how HGH use often meant football players' helmets would no longer fit due to skull growth.

DaBull cleared it up for me -it must be a result of use by people under a certain age.

god damn this is some serious shit. i'm 24 by the way

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    FINALLY I'm reading people say HGH can cause symptoms similar to acromegaly. I've read it in a number of places but it's always roundly denied whenever I've mentioned it, or seen others mention it. The Ken Caminiti/Steroids article that was in Sports Illustrated a couple years ago talked about how HGH use often meant football players' helmets would no longer fit due to skull growth.

DaBull cleared it up for me -it must be a result of use by people under a certain age.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    First off, Stop immediately. Though, I honestly think that 9 weeks is to early for anything like that to happen, plus at 4iu's I think your OK. it takes a minimum of 3 months to even start to notice any effects.If you had said you've been on for over 6 months, I'd be woried. But, your still too young. I am 35, doing 2iu's ,in my 4th month and besides joint pain, I seem to be OK. If you truly believe you have growth on your skull, STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Let this be a lesson to anyone using GH at an early age!!!! NOT GOOD
    Last edited by buylongterm; 10-07-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    HGH scares the shit out of me, I dont want to use it if its going to make me look like Sloth from the goonies

hybrid is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1
    HGH scares the shit out of me, I dont want to use it if its going to make me look like Sloth from the goonies
    That's the truth. As with everything we do here, it is best to proceed with caution, armed with knowledge.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    There have to be some sources of info on the web about this -unfortunately most of them I've come across are by people SELLING the stuff, usually clinics and usually anti-aging, so it's hard to find anything unbiased.

I'd really recommend the article I mentioned earlier about steroid and HGH use in professional sports. It was an excellent matter-of-fact article and not a scare story. The article as I remember put it almost as a given that skull growth happened when using HGH -in the context of football players, most of whom I assume are in their 20s.

There was also a post earlier by someone whose buddy turned into a Neanderthal on HGH I can't find now.

Anyway, good luck, I hope you haven't gone totally caveman yet.

Jarod is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4inguy
    god damn this is some serious shit. i'm 24 by the way
    Stop now!!!!! your body is making adequate amounts of it and with the addition of your your administering even more will cause skeletal bone growth and other side effects to occur.

This is what happens when someone doesn't do RESEARCH!!!! GH is NOT A steroid .

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    takes a minimum of 3 months to even start to notice any effects.
    Bro, you are wrong. We've already talked about this timing issue. I just read another study where physiological changes had taken place in test subjects after only 4 days of exo GH administration.

This stuff hits you quickly. It just may take a while for the effects to fully manifest themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1
    As long as you use a dose that will keep your somatomedin-C levels within the physiological range, there shouldn't be any problems. But I wouldn't use the 12-15 years of age range...more like the top end of the 25-39 age range - epiphyseal plates have definitely closed by then.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenear
    Bro, you are wrong. We've already talked about this timing issue. I just read another study where physiological changes had taken place in test subjects after only 4 days of exo GH administration.

This stuff hits you quickly. It just may take a while for the effects to fully manifest themselves.
    It will only hit you quickly if your under age 25.That is when natural hgh starts it's slow down process in male subjects.I believe 4 days is incorrect,but at 30-45 days it is quite possible.I've done years of study on this and don't want to make this a long thread,but as I stated above,you need to stop now.And also realize it will continue in your system for 1-2 months after you stop.Longer term users get the benefit of stopping after 6 mos and the effects carry on 5-6 months after discontinued use.By they way,BLT,this is a side affect your getting from HGH and all medical pros would tell you to stop also.Muscle cramps and being always thirsty all the time are other side effects and it is recomended to stop use immediately.Joint pain in clinical studies was the most common side noticed.Just my .02 DB

Bump........for the young guys. DB

Swellin Guest
    Damn DB, I would certainly like to learn more about GH. Where should I start? I have done the "search thing," but you obviously picked up some info elsewhere.

I don't have any intentions of using it, I just want to learn more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Damn DB, I would certainly like to learn more about GH. Where should I start? I have done the "search thing," but you obviously picked up some info elsewhere.

I don't have any intentions of using it, I just want to learn more about it.
    Medical books on HGH research,plus the company I use sent me all the studies.Clinical studies,search web for medical studies done on hgh.pm me I'll get you started.Be Cool DB

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenear
    I'd like to see that could you cut and paste it, on this thread.

I think this is a good reason people 25 and under should get checked by a Dr before doing any kind of cycling, hgh, igf-1 or AAS

JohnnyB

Grant is offline Member
    First off, Stop immediately. Though, I honestly think that 9 weeks is to early for anything like that to happen, plus at 4iu's I think your OK. it takes a minimum of 3 months to even start to notice any effects.If you had said you've been on for over 6 months, I'd be woried. But, your still too young. I am 35, doing 2iu's ,in my 4th month and besides joint pain, I seem to be OK. If you truly believe you have growth on your skull, STOP IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Let this be a lesson to anyone using GH at an early age!!!! NOT GOOD
    I have witnessed firsthand growth on the forehead giving a high eyebrow ridge and joint pain within three weeks of administering HGH. My friend suffered early. 3 months is not correct. You will notice muscle growth and joint pains at different times. Everything doesn't come at once.

Wow, this definitely is an interesting thread! From all the research I've gathered, I've read it takes large amounts of GH to begin to see any Skeletal growth. Shit, Now I'm beginning to think I should stop this shit immediately!!!! Goldenear, do you really think 2iu's ED can cause abnormalities at my age?

Wow, this definitely is an interesting thread! From all the research I've gathered, I've read it takes large amounts of GH to begin to see any Skeletal growth. Shit, Now I'm beginning to think I should stop this shit immediately!!!! Goldenear, do you really think 2iu's ED can cause abnormalities at my age?
    BLT-your in your 30's,your safe,but my concern is you've been complaining of joint stiffness and for quite some time now.This is one of the sides,and any doctor will tell you to cease immediately.Just my .02 DB

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    BLT-your in your 30's,your safe,but my concern is you've been complaining of joint stiffness and for quite some time now.This is one of the sides,and any doctor will tell you to cease immediately.Just my .02 DB

Well, the good news is my joint pain has been gone for a few weeks. It is definitely a side of HGH, but it is also known to go away with continued usage. A lot of people experience joint pain as a side effect in the early stages of usage. I honestly haven't felt better in a long time. But, I do always warn people that taking over 4IU's to start off with is Crazy...I personally think 2iu's is a good dosage for someone over 30 to start off with.

I only have about 3 weeks to go, and I'm done with the stuff...

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm 24, been on GH since i was 23 at high doses. Used it at 18-20 as well. No problems at all.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Your a freak of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'm 24, been on GH since i was 23 at high doses. Used it at 18-20 as well. No problems at all.
    Damn that's some cash, do you think it was worth it?

JohnnyB

It will only hit you quickly if your under age 25.That is when natural hgh starts it's slow down process in male subjects.I believe 4 days is incorrect,but at 30-45 days it is quite possible.
    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...ract/67/5/1111

Based on my personal experience of hyperthyroidism after only 10 days of 2.4 IU's/daily (29 years old) and the above study, your statement is incorrect.

BLT, I can't comment on your dosage because everyone metabolizes GH so differently. I OD'd on 2.4 IU's so a couple friends took my Genotropin off my hands and experienced nothing from it. Clearly, one's physiological profile needs to be taken into account for dosing purposes. The safest way to dose GH is by injecting a controlled amount and measuring your somatomedin-C serum level in response to that dose. Then titrate accordingly until the proper response is obtained. By keeping your somatomedin-C level within normal physiological range for your age range, it's doubtful that acromegaly could ever occur, although there may be secondary pathways from which sides could result.

The pharmacological effects elictited from these drugs is very difficult to predict. That's why there's so much research...people are trying to get a handle on what's really happening after this stuff is metabolized.

thanx yall for all the responses. Here's the situation: i'm 24 and i ended my 9 week cycle back in march. i just started noticing the deformation of my skull like a month ago. at the moment i'd say its not that bad, however, there definitley is a bump on my forehead and on the back corners of my head. i just hope the shit doesn't progress or else my head is gonna look so funny especially that i shave my head most of the time.
    peace.

Goldenear, what signs should one look for if they think they've OD'd n the stuff???? You are one smart SOB, I appreciate your input...

I got all my blood work back and everything is perfect. I had to go to the hospital to get my prolactin and test levels checked (that was the only way my insurance would pay). I'm waiting for those results today... Would GH effect my prolactin levels?
    Last edited by buylongterm; 10-09-2003 at 11:18 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I think if i could have, i would have waited till now to use it when my gains on AAS have slowed a bit, overall it was worth it to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Damn that's some cash, do you think it was worth it?

JohnnyB

Goldenear, what signs should one look for if they think they've OD'd n the stuff????
    It's not that simple. Your body may not respond like mine did, yet your somatomedin-C serum level may be elevated beyond what would be considered "safe" or "healthy." The problem is that no one can definitively say that X, Y & Z will happen if you take too much GH. It's not uncommon for someone to remain asymptomatic until the damage surfaces.

The only way I realized that I was taking too much GH was because of the permissive effect between GH and thyroid activity. Symptoms of hyperthyroidism are elevated BP, tachycardia, increased force of each heart beat, sleeplessness, irritability, etc. After studying a bit on the interconnectivity of hormones, I was able to draw some conclusions, confer with a doc, and get relief from my symptoms. But that's how my physiology chose to handle too much exo GH. Someone else may not experience those symptoms.

If your IGF-1 serum level checkout out ok after reaching a steady state with GH, then I wouldn't worry too much. You'll have to do some digging for the PRL-GH connection...info I've seen seems to be sketchy.

THis was your reaction due to your health problems with your thyroid.Were you tested before you started to use HGH?If so,your condition would have shown up and therefore a script would not have been issued.Seems you have done quite a bit of research on the subject as I have.I agree that a lot of studies I read were a little sketchy,but on the most part it seems this drug is for elder people,not anyone in thier 20's or teens unless suffer from growth hormone deficient or have linear bone growth problems.Hypothyroidism may develop during Saizen therapy and the response will jeopardize the response of HGH.Also HGH may induce a state of insulin resistance,patience should be observed for evidence of glucose intolerance.Bone age should be monitored periodically during Saizen,especially in patients in puberty or recieving concomitant thyroid replacement therapy.Under these circumstances,epiphyseal maturation may progress rapidly.Sides include Intracranial hypertention with papilledema,headaches,visual changes,nausea and or vomiting,joint soreness,muscle cramps just to name a few.any other questions gold I'd be glad to answer. DB

bump

LOGANXXX is offline Associate Member
    wow...thats great info....i started with 2iu's for the first 2 months and , two weeks after started test, i raised up the dosis to 4 iu's.....my Blood Pressure raised from 12/8 to 14/9...i wonder if it is because of the gh or the test.....

Quote Originally Posted by LOGANXXX
    wow...thats great info....i started with 2iu's for the first 2 months and , two weeks after started test, i raised up the dosis to 4 iu's.....my Blood Pressure raised from 12/8 to 14/9...i wonder if it is because of the gh or the test.....
    Both,HGH has raised my bp,but the test is probably the culprit DB

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I think if i could have, i would have waited till now to use it when my gains on AAS have slowed a bit, overall it was worth it to me though.
    What kind of results do you think it helped you with.

Bro I'm of the mind that 30 or + is a good age to start, but I know MM uses it and he seem to love it and he's about your age. So I'm trying to understand the benefit of HGH for those under 30

JohnnyB

THis was your reaction due to your health problems with your thyroid.
    I don't have any health problems and my thyroid panel is normal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information