K Dog is offline Associate Member

Cool To Juice or Not to Juice

Whats Up? I am new here and need some advice. Hopefully someone out there has been in my shoes. First a little about me. I Am 26 years old 6'2" and weight is 205. I have a lillte gut but my abs are starting to show. I have been lifting for 6 months now and wandering if I should start a cycle now or wait longer.I am in the stage where everyone in the gym is bigger and stronger than me. I keep telling myself to be patient. My strength increases every week. I have access to Test 200 but I am afraid it will make me look fatter. What do you guys think? Should I grow and then cut the fat or cut more now and grow later. My diet sucks! My gym has no treadmills just bikes so I do very little cardio. Please give me advice I would appreaciate it. Thanks

KeyMastur is offline VET
    If I were in your situation I'd wait. Get as far as you can naturally, and then once you hit a plateau, then you can get that extra edge by throwing some juice into your diet.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro...this is not a flame, but just the fact that you're asking indicates that you really should do more research before considering this. The guys on this board are the most knowledgeable around, and when/if you decide you are ready, they will give you as much help and advice as you need. But nobody is going to help you decide whether or not to juice. Learn all you can, and if you still want to juice make a selection based on your findings. The guys will help fine tune it and/or make suggestions/recommendations that will help you attain your goals. Good luck.

Thanks Pete235. By all means I am not asking for someone to make my decision. I did not mean for it to sound like that. I just need some advice. Thanks

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    No worries bro...like I said no flame I can only tell you what I did...you will ultimately decide what is best for you. I started my cycle before I had shed all the fat I wanted. I decided to go for a bulking cycle and try to pack on some hardcore muscle...at the same time I realize that some fat will accumulate as well. But my ego got the best of me and I decided that since it's winter (Canada ) I won't have to taker my shirt off for 4-5 months so I can look big in T shirts and sweatshirts for the next while. When it's over, I will ace my diet and cardio and begin a cutting stack.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Yeah, like, so what?

Originally posted by K Dog
    I Am 26 years old 6'2" and weight is 205 . . . I am in the stage where everyone in the gym is bigger and stronger than me . . . My strength increases every week . . . My diet sucks! My gym has no treadmills just bikes so I do very little cardio . . .
    First, a big welcome, K Dog - you've come to the right place, and you've asked the right questions, having laid out your situation pretty well.

I know a lot of guys who would give their right nut to be 6'2" and 205 - medically, that's a near-perfect ratio, especially if you're carrying a good muscle-to-fat ratio. FWIW, I agree with Pete - you've written that your strength is still increasing each week, and you shouldn't consider a cycle while you're still in the process of getting natural gains. Besides, if you are considering test, you probably have solid test levels now and would benefit more from it (and screw up your natural levels less) farther down the road.

But the statement that really stood out in your post was that "everyone in the gym is bigger and stronger" than you.

So? Why does that matter? Unless you want to be in competition, the idea is to be the best you can be, not the best the other guy can be. (Hell, even in competition, the idea is to be the best you can be, hoping that it's better than the next dude. Because you'll never be any better than that.)

In other words, I sense a little "G.I. Joe complex" mentality working here - the setting of an artificial goal. Like I said, at 6'2" and 205 lbs., obviously still making progress in the process of developing yourself, you should be damn proud. If you don't accept now what you've accomplished already, what makes you think you will accept it with a cycle, or with another 20 pounds that you may not really need to put on in the first place?

Incidentally, one tall dude to another, I found that in many cases, tall guys do not bulk as well as shorter guys. (Yeah, you shrimps, there is an advantage to not being tall . . . Shorter guys bulk much better than taller guys, not to mention that you can buy better-fitting shirts off the rack.)

My advice is (drum roll . . .) to think about finding another gym. Two reasons: First, cardio is important, and a gym that has nothing except for a couple of stationary bikes doesn't cut it. Second, you're obviously using some of the more bulked-up guys at your gym as a role model, and they may not be the best role model. Chances are that if you were at another gym, you would find that you are the guy who becomes the role model for others. That doesn't mean that you have to go to Fluffy's Fitness Parlour, but even if you did, what matters is how well you use the equipment, not what the fat chick walking on the treadmill while she's watching a soap opera is doing.

Bottom line: Accept yourself and your progress now and dump what appears to be the inferiority complex. Use your current and continuing stage of development as the motivation to progress further, not some B.S. that everyone else is "bigger and stronger." (Besides, I doubt that everyone else is bigger and stronger.)

As for your diet, you didn't say what you feel sucks about it. But the fact that you feel something sucks will provide the motivation to change it when you're ready. Take some time to learn about healthy eating, then try it when you're ready.

In short, you obviously want a kick in the ass to continue progressing. And while we're behind you, bro - and we are - the best kick in the ass is the one that will come from yourself. And we know you can do it.

Again, K Dog, a big welcome!

Thanks a lot TNT, I really apreciate your advice. I have been reading this forum for a few months and finally decided to join. I felt that everyone here knows what they are talking about. I am in no hurry to start a cycle so taking the time to progress naturally is no problem. I trust what you guys say because you all have been there and done that. My diet consists of 1 protien shake and a bowl of Special K cereal for breakfast. First snack is about 2 hours later and is usually a pack of peanut butter crackers. Lunch is a Ham sandwitch with lettuce and mustard and a small salad with a can of chicken or tuna dumped in. 2 hours later I have an apple before workout and a Protein shake. Supper varies Spagetti, Chicken pie, or Grilled Chicken breast with vegatables. Then usually another protien shake before bed. I am not losing weight but I am not gaining much either. Any suggestions?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Learn as much as tou can before doing AS.Train hard and eat a lot untill you hit your own natrual potential...

Ron C is offline New Member

great suggestions so far!

Hell, that's why I like this board-no flaming and only sound, good advice. Looking at your nutrition, the main thing you need to do is determine whether you want to bulk up or cut up. If your gonna bulk make sure to get at least 300g of protien, 300 or more grams of carbs, and at least 10 to 20% of your calories from good fats on a daily basis. If your gonna have the peanut butter and crackers for a snack throw in a solid protien shake to make it a more complete meal. I always eat protien at every meal-no exceptions!. I pick a protien food first and then i will decide what carbs and fats to eat with it. Develop that menatality and it will help. Cutting-hi protien, low carbs, low fat. Bulking-hi protien, moderate to high carbs(depends on you metabolic rate), fats moderate. Hope some of this info will help. Also welcome to the board-stay on this one if you want the "real" knowledge.

Thread Information