steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member

Vasectomy and gear

Allright bros serios question. My wife is having a baby in the next week and I plan to get fixed in the following few weeks so I would be good to go when the six week wait is up. How does being on AS affect my plan, other than the doc won't be able to find my balls. I am on week 5 of test after a d-bol kicker.Thanks. SG1

twisteddendrite is offline New Member
    Will have no impact at all.

thanks twisted!

Have to bump this up. i was doing a little research and deca affects clotting( I have added 300mg week to cycle). Should I tell the doc that I am on gear?

hybrid is offline Member
    You should probably tell him you are on gear. Also, if you get it done while you are on your cycle, you are going to be sore for awhile and won't be able to hit the gym as hard as you want for probably a good week. If you can't hit the gym hard, you aren't going to max the effects of your cycle. If it was me, I would wait until after the cycle is over. Unprotected sex will still be there waiting for you.

lozinit is offline New Member
    And Congrats on the new arrival!! Just remember now, you're grounded for the next 18 years.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    Have to bump this up. i was doing a little research and deca affects clotting( I have added 300mg week to cycle). Should I tell the doc that I am on gear?
    Yep, you should tell your doctor about gear.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    you could wait till the end of your cycle, your prolly only shooting blanks now neways.. congrats on the baby bro.

peace

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    You won't have to volunteer the info, the doc is going to know your on by testicle size, and difficulty locating vas deferens.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    A doctor (a friend of mine) said that one of his medical teachers at Yale used to say, "There's no condition in the world which surgery can't make worse!"

This was said in the context of deciding whether having surgery was a good decision for a condition which had a large chance of being healed without surgery.

Having said that, I'd like to apply it to this context: Steadygaining1's vasectomy...

Although it is a simple procedure, any surgery can have complications. While you're out cold on the surgery table, having a bad reaction due to steroids is not the time for the doctor to wish that he had more information about you and your use of AS. I think that you should either tell the surgery team about your steroid use or get completely off a cycle and give your body time to remove the gear fully before you have surgery.

We are all so used to learning about the good effects of steroids after either having had good personal results or having read about others' good experiences with AS, that we might become glib--thinking that steroids are harmless and won't bring any dangerous consequences. I'll be the first to admit that I am TYPE-A when it comes to guarding my health. So, my suggestion is that you let your surgeon know--especially because you're going under the knife--or get clean first.

Either way you choose, I wish you the best...and a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 10-28-2003 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks guys for all the best wishes, since I started the thread my wife has had the baby. It was a girl 8lbs 8ozs. I am going for a consultation on the 18th of nov. i guess i will tell him about the gear and let him make the call.Knowing my luck he will tell me "go f**K yourself drug addict", i guess if that happens i'll wait to get clean and not tell the next doc. As always thanks for the advice, you guys rock!!SG1

hybrid is offline Member
    congrats on the new addition.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    tell your doc why you have no balls, and congrats bro

Thread Information