c_buz is offline New Member

Angry It sucks to be an ectomorph

I am 6' and 160lbs. I started out at 135lbs at 5'10". For the past 6 months I haven't seen the scale go up; actually, it went down to 157. I am getting frustrated of having to do all this hard work for nothing. I know getting big takes time, but after all the effort I put into this sport (diet and training wise) it is discouraging to see no results. I have currently changed my diet and this is what it looks like: I do not want to bulk up with fat. I want to gain lean muscle.

Morning:
    16 oz. 2% milk
    2 scoop of N-Large
    5 Eggs 2 yolks

Post Workout:
    2 Scoops N-large
    1 Banana
    Mid-Morning:
    2 Cans tuna
    1 slice of bread

Lunch:
    8 oz. Steak
    8 oz rice
    4 oz Chicken breast

Mid-Afternoon:
    1 Potato
    6 oz. Chicken
    4 zo. Pineapple
    Afternoon Snack:
    1 Scoop N-large
    12 oz. Milk

Night:
    2 Cans Tuna
    2 scoops whey
    16 oz. 2%Milk

Daily Totals:4207kcal 453g Protein, 350g Carbs, 103g Fat
    1812kcal 1400kcal 927kcal
    43.80% 33.8% 22.4%

Should I cut out the 2% Milk for Skim?
    I know I have to increase my Carbs. Should I shoot for 400grams?
    Is my fat intake too high?
    I am currently training 5 times a week workin every muscle just once. I do 4 excersices per muscle group and 4 sets of 8-10 reps for each (10-12) for legs.
    Last edited by c_buz; 10-12-2003 at 12:39 PM.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=c_buz]: I do not want to bulk up with fat. I want to gain lean muscle.

That is you problem. Gaining lean weght takes 100 times longer than bulking.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I see lots of protein but where are the carbs? You need to eat "white" things, white like bread, potatoes and rice.... eat much more of that... if you are really having trouble gaining weight, how about pies, cake and ice cream too?

c_buz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I see lots of protein but where are the carbs? You need to eat "white" things, white like bread, potatoes and rice.... eat much more of that... if you are really having trouble gaining weight, how about pies, cake and ice cream too?

Should I lower my protein and increase my carbs to 400g.?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    There is no reason to lower you protein.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Well obviously you have high metabolism which makes gaining weight extremely hard, but that also means you can lose weight much easier too. With that in mind don't be afraid to put on some fat to bulk up because you will be able to lose it later. Since you'll be gaining lean mass at the same time once you lose the fat you'll still be heavier because lean mass weighs more than fat. Good luck.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want to gain weight, some of it is going to be fat. Trust me, i'm in your boat. Try to get at least 4500 cals a day if you can. I don't understand how you're getting 400 of protien a day and not gaining.. that's pretty much unheard of. You may want to get some bloodwork done. Also, make sure you're doing weighted dips, squats, bentover rows, and pullups in your routines. These are the best mass builders for their respective muscle groups.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to start bulking... overload your body with calories until your metabolism slows down enough for you to gain weight. Don't try to bulk lean.... you have to sacrifice a little definition for mass when bulking, just like you sacrifice a little mass for definition when cutting. Since you're naturally an ectomorph that fat will be easy to shred once you build enough muscle to start cutting. Right now just overload your body with calories and watch yourself blow up fast.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Also, looking back at your diet/schedule.... you're working out in the morning on just 16 oz. 2% milk
    2 scoop of N-Large 5 Eggs 2 yolks. Bad idea.... impossible to maximize for mass when your body doesn't have enough carbs loaded up to burn. Try working out in the afternoon or evening (after you've consumed a lot of carbs during the day) in order for your body to respond better to mass training...

Thread Information