WoodChuck is offline Banned

Question What do you guys do when you're sick?

hey guys.

just finished a cycle of test about a week ago. great gains! now i have a bad cold that all my friends have too. no fever... just a lot of phlegm and sinuses filled with crap.

questions (put yourself in my shoes):

1. do i stop working out period until i get better, even though i'm still eating the same (appetite is good) and my workouts aren't affected by the cold?

2. are their any supplements i can take other than protein/creatine/glutamine that will help me work out when i'm sick?

3. cadio or not?

4. what supplements do you guys take when you're off cycle to help maintain gains?

5. if i was ON right now should i get off?

thanks... i'm really worried i'm going to lose some of my gains from this damn cold and i want to minimize the losses...

woody

jersey juice is offline Member
    Are you still on PCT right now? If you are I'd say give yourself a day or 2 to just chill. I got a cold right now too and I just took a couple days off. I tried to work out the other day and ended up feeling like complete ass. I definitely wouldn't do cardio if your worried about gains. I lost my appetite so if you still have yours keep doing what your doing, you should be fine. Sometimes it's good after a cycles to chill a little bit and there's a lot of bros that do. I dunno what you were using or your bodies re-adjustment period but a day or 2 won't kill you, even though it'll drive you nuts thinking about not training....

seventy7 is offline New Member
    i agree, colds go away fast with rest and proper diet, just take a couple days and get well so that you dont get very sick and end up having to take a whole week or two off.

cb25 is offline Banned
    i think it depends on how sick you are. If your workouts are hindered, sometimes it's best to step back and rest, to help yourself recover faster, rather than workout for the sake of working out and possibly increase the duration of your sickness or even make it worse.

usually, if it's just some congestion (no coughing, nausea, etc) i'll tough it out. once i start getting lightheaded, or if my chest is congested...that's when i take a few days off...

i take echinacea at the first sign of a cold...seems to work for me...maybe it's a placebo, but it keeps me happy and i seem to recover quicker

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    rest...because of a cold and sprained shoulder I have worked out once in the past week. I am starting to feel better than ever and am sure I will pick up just where I left off and be better off with the break.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey juice
    Are you still on PCT right now? If you are I'd say give yourself a day or 2 to just chill. I got a cold right now too and I just took a couple days off. I tried to work out the other day and ended up feeling like complete ass. I definitely wouldn't do cardio if your worried about gains. I lost my appetite so if you still have yours keep doing what your doing, you should be fine. Sometimes it's good after a cycles to chill a little bit and there's a lot of bros that do. I dunno what you were using or your bodies re-adjustment period but a day or 2 won't kill you, even though it'll drive you nuts thinking about not training....
    What kind of test were you using?If it was test e or cyp he wouldn't be on pct yet.Anyway,I agree with everyone,rest,eat,drink plenty of water and vitamins.Hope you feel better.

WoodChuck is offline Banned

thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    What kind of test were you using?If it was test e or cyp he wouldn't be on pct yet.Anyway,I agree with everyone,rest,eat,drink plenty of water and vitamins.Hope you feel better.

thanks

i was on sust... so i've been off a week or so and think i'll start clomid in another two weeks. that's what i've read you're supposed to do.

woody

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodChuck
    thanks

i was on sust... so i've been off a week or so and think i'll start clomid in another two weeks. that's what i've read you're supposed to do.

woody
    One thing I do while on cycle is take mega doses of Vit C. It helps keep the immune sytem up and helps you become less succeptible to colds, etc. I know it doesn't necessarily help now, however it wouldn't hurt to start anyway. I usually take anywhere from 4000-6000 mg split up between 3- 4 doses because C is a water soluble vitamin. The toxic level for Vit C is 10,000 mg and even at its toxicity level, symptoms include diarhea, skin rash, nausea, etc. ie. nothing fatal.

ross3814 is offline Member
    rest, continue to eat big, drink tons of water, and pop a few more vitamins.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    take a few days off from training until you recover. If you're coughing up thick yellow flem, see a doctor ASAP and get on an antibiotic like Zithromax. You only take 6 pills over 5 days and you're done with that, clears you right up. My pops is a doc and prescribes me meds as soon as something comes up so I zap it immediately.

Take your multivitamin and extra vitamin C along with 1-2 gallons of water a day and you should recover in no time. When you recover, get your ass back in the gym! Sust takes 3 weeks to clear anyway, so your test levels should remain high for a while. It's when you start clomid that the battle of keeping your gains begins.

How much did you gain?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Like pump said...lots of water, vit c, and rest! Keep eating big, but try to keep it healthy. My .02

Thread Information