Bartman83 is offline New Member

Steroids in Sport (what they dont want you to know)

Ever since i can remember, everyone has always told me that only BAD people and bodybuilders do steroids . What do you think is the percentage of NFL, MLB, Olympic athletes, and strongmen that gear up?? What are your thoughts?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    alot of athletes juice, no doubt about it

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Here, check this link out, you'll like this book if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

It's got a few chapters devoted to drug use in sports.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    They are all criminals in the same catagory as crack heads and junkies. Thank you US Government for criminalizing a relatively harmless drug and turning a few million Americans into potential felons. What a pile of shit this whole drug war is!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    They are all criminals in the same catagory as crack heads and junkies. Thank you US Government for criminalizing a relatively harmless drug and turning a few million Americans into potential felons. What a pile of shit this whole drug war is!
    Agreed on also. Not just the liberals right?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    Agreed on also. Not just the liberals right?
    HA, ha. It's all of them. We send these guys back to Washington year after year and they just keep pumping out laws thereby creating thousands of new "criminals". How many laws do we need?

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    I heard that Vince Mcman gives his superstars there paychecks along with their gear.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WiLLpOwEr
    Here, check this link out, you'll like this book if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

It's got a few chapters devoted to drug use in sports.

Muscle Law is a good book but steroids 101 is weak IMO

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by eshestun
    I heard that Vince Mcman gives his superstars there paychecks along with their gear.
    McMahon buddy. You obviously don't know anything about steroids and WWF in the 90's.

Try researching Hulk Hogan and steroids. He admitted that Vince gave them out to him and a few others. Hogan then in turn sold out Vince about the AS use.

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    tell me certain wwe superstars don't use them and i'll send you a dozen of eq free. without the contents

anyway in the sports world my guess is that if you wanna excel, you gotta do AS, there ain't another alternative. genetics at times would only carry you that far.

its true that in the US the law is going very tough on AS users(i've read it from AR's legal section). however there are its pros n cons. you guys are lucky to be living in such a big community where AS comes to you cheap when theres a bunch of suppliers out there. however this may jolly well be the reason behind the law getting harder on AS users.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I agree with everyone about superstar athletes juicing and stuff but you also have to remember that they are PAID to workout. That means, they just have to workout, eat good, and get sleep. Everyone knows they have personal chefs to cook them those high protein, lean meals. They probably have the best trainers in the world also. Im not saying they dont "cheat" but you have to take this in effect.

jdog55 is offline Associate Member
    There are a lot of sports greats that i believe never have juiced. Jerry rice, muhammed ali. I could name tons that you just know never juiced.

Jdog55

[email protected]

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lots of people do. Statistically (even though actual concrete stats are very hard to obtain) football and heavyweight boxing rates very high on the percentage of those using AAS. Obviously bodybuilders pretty much rank at the top...

Supposedly Growth Hormone is becoming a big thing in the Olympics... currently it doesn't have any detectable metabolites...

But what is fair, and what is unfair, is a very debateable topic. I mean - how far does it go when you try to limit the physical shape a professional athlete tries to obtain from the use of performance enhancing aids. Is consuming over 200 grams of high quality protein per day not fair?

Its pretty obvious that an athlete using AAS offers a competitive edge but so do genetic abilities. Athletes with access to superior coaches, nutritionist, training equipment, and so on... also might have an "unfair advantage." What exactly determines what unfair is?
    Last edited by Warrior; 10-11-2003 at 04:58 PM.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I know many athletes that use gear, and i'm sure a huge percentage of professional athletes at one time used gear. This does not give them an unfair advantage in most sports. Gear will not help you run a post pattern better or give you better hands. It won't help you make more free throws. That talent comes from dedication, practice, and natural ability. Sure there are some obvious benefits to using gear in sports, mainly the explosive strength, but that will only get you so far. Even if an entire team was using gear that doesn't mean that they would be unstoppable.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    I never said that juicers were the only great athletes. I said that steroids have made sports "superstars" more common, which is sad, as it makes it harder for these talents to shine with these AAS users getting an upperhand on their performance. Tell me that Mike Tyson never used, or Vitor Belfort? Ken Shamrock? How about Mark Macguire?
    McGuire was all creatine and just a little andro, come on now.

austinragaholic is offline New Member
    lots of division 1-a football players use i know plenty who have told me so they just pass there test with cleansing systems or dierutics

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortyrock13
    McGuire was all creatine and just a little andro, come on now.

::COUGH::

BULLSHIT!

That jerk claimed to use Andro (Why? Because he was being paid to advertise it most likely). Andro became popular as hell in the late 90's and died recently. Andro in my view is junk. He did juice but since he's probably one of your favorite players you'll never accept it.

Jose Canseco admitted he juiced and talked crap about the whole MLB because so many people are in the closest juicers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    ::COUGH::

BULLSHIT!
    He did juice but since he's probably one of your favorite players you'll never accept it.

Jose Canseco admitted he juiced and talked crap about the whole MLB because so many people are in the closest juicers.

I was just making a joke bro I hate baseball and don't have any favorite players. Where I come from, lacrosse is king, too bad the rest of the country hasn't caught on

So are their juicers in Lacrosse??

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    So are their juicers in Lacrosse??
    not alot of size freaks like you might have in football, but thats mainly because of the nature of the sport in that there is so much running involved, and you don't really want to have to carry around 250 pounds of lbm for an entire game. But Yes, at the D1- D3 levels people have been known to experiment with a little gear here and there.

but yes there are some.

I have a question about NCAA testing...is it random or does every athlete get tested??

Cuz if every athlete gets tested, how do the ones that use AAS pass?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I blame the owners and executives for the increasing number of professional athletes using AAS to enhance their athlethic performance. Sports is big business today. Usually the best teams have the largest revenue in sales and the worst teams suffer economic troubles. As we all know these sports clubs have budgets, salary caps, and pressures to produce and offer the best products to the market. What is the first thing that usually happens when a team ends a season with a below 500 record??? Clubs clean house and make hiring/firing changes in the front office. Its the nature of the business.
    The pressures of winning today are higher then ever and anything that can increase the chances of success will be used. Their is no doubt in my mind these clubs condone the use of AAS and supply it to the player's. From a business standpoint everyone is better off when a player's performance is elavated. If you were a business owner of an underperforming team and could help your team without spending money (on new players) would you??? I would.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I have a question about NCAA testing...is it random or does every athlete get tested??

It depends on many things, since testing for AAS is extremely expensive a majority of small schools won't test, unless a player gets caught with the gear in there possession. Most athletes in NCAA can juice and get away because coaches will look the other way or deny up and down that any of there players are using. Like I said the majority of athletes that get tested were caught with it in there possesion.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think one thing that does hurt the IOC, or other athletic clubs, is the fact that athletes are actually getting into phemonenal shape. More so every year. The preconcieved obstacles of the sport are not evolving like the athletes are (football is still played within 100 yards). So what are the clubs suppose to do when hitting homeruns becomes about as common as the strike outs? I think that is the biggest reason they DO try limit performance enhancing aids... more out of respect for the acompetition itself... to keep it difficult.

When used correctly AAS can offer a lot of benefits with minimal side effects - especially when an athlete can obtain direction from a medical professional about his/her use. The American medical community is actually in an out rage that AAS was even added to the controlled substance list by congress. But IMO - the biggest problem in a no holds barred aproach to performance enhancing aids is that the obstacles in many individual sports are becoming too... well... easy.

sharky is offline Associate Member
    i believe over half of the professional athletes in the world have taken or do take steroids

its random during the season. Different divisions and schools have different policies regarding AS steroid testing b/c of the cost of the test. If a team makes the tournament then there is def. testing regardless of division.

some can also pass with piss swaps of various kinds if they decide to use in season.

GoingtobeHUGE is offline New Member
    Hey Jdogg, Jerry Rice gained 15 lbs at 38 and got faster, not a juicer hum...maybe not when he was younger.

Thread Information