BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

1-AD or 1-Testosterone

Any one try these yet? I'm in between cycles now and am about to start taking creatine, glutamine, dhea, and 1-testosterone . Hopeing to stay at 230 until october, then it'll be time to play once more.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I know there have been a couple of threads about them in the last couple of months, give it a search and see what you come up with. I'll do the same and post them as well. I'm interested in the knowledge behind them too.

Aragorn

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    BT, id also add some ZMA and Flax Seed Oil to that. The creatine make sure u get German creatine. I get mine here..
    http://www.scitrex.com/creatine.htm

Sorry never used 1-AD or 1-Test. Cant give u much on them. Here is Big Cats profile on them. Hope this helps.

OG

1AD (1-androstene-3beta, 17beta-diol)
    or (1-androstene-3beta, 17beta-dione)

Target Hormone: 1-testosterone
    Target conversion: (supposedly) very high, because it has a double bond at the 1st carbon and it is a diol version.
    Conversion enzyme: 3-ß-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3HSD)
    DHT conversion: some converting back to DHT through unknown pathway
    Estrogenic effects: None whatsoever

This is just a little bonus addition. I don't have enough data on this yet to make an accurate assumption, so most of what I'm saying here is based on product info, information obtained from Patrick Arnold, who made the stuff, and independent research. As for concrete information, I'm looking to test the product thoroughly near the end of summer and will keep meticulous records of my progress, including gains in size and strength, my diet at the time and any possible side effects I may encounter. Click here for more info on this study...

1-AD is an oral only compound that converts to a different target hormone altogether, namely 1-testosterone. Early data¹ suggests that 1-testosterone is 700% more anabolic than testosterone. How that translates in real world terms is yet to be determined. From the testimonials (they are limited) I've read the gains are slightly better than those of Nor-diol, so that would be a significant improvement, though not quite as high as the percentage might suggest. There was an initial dione version, but I believe that has been pulled and all 1AD currently available is diol. Again that means no estrogenic conversion prior, but none post-conversion either because 1-test doesn't aromatize. It's a derivative of the androgenic compound DHT, meaning that it has already undergone 5-alpha-reductase and cannot under any circumstances form estrogen.

The androgenicity is still very much an issue. It can convert to DHT via a different pathway (I should say convert back) but it's not known to what extent or what effects it has. So far no one has reported any serious side effects in this nature, but neither has there been any rigorous large-scale testing. The jury is still out on what this means to people who are at risk for things like prostate enlargement and hair loss. Since it is extremely androgenic in other ways as well, this is one aspect that will need further digging to get to the bottom of. I fear this may be the weakness of 1AD.

Oral activity is a great plus. To date orals are the only form that allow serious stacking and proper use of prohormones (more on that later). On the downside a lot of it doesn't survive the liver which makes us toss away a large amount of money spent on prohormones, because the yield is rather low. 1AD may have solved that problem. In steroids people make things 17-alkalated to survive the liver, but in return this increases liver toxicity severely. But a double bond in the one position (hence the name 1-testosterone) ensures a greater amount surviving without the risk of liver toxicity. Chemically you can liken it to the steroid primobolan , which is the same structurally except for an extra methyl-group but also has the double bond in the one position. It functions much in the same way. Making this perhaps the most potent oral prohormone to date. I would estimate oral activity to be in the neighborhood of 30%. That means even relatively small doses can exert decent effects, which will no doubt make up for its preposterous price.

In effects 1-test has been likened more often to Halotestin and trenbolone than Primobolan, qualitatively speaking. I did some research on this and this would mean that most of the gains are lean mass (not huge mass increases, then losing most) making it great to use even when cutting (though obviously the gains will be a lot smaller) and that the amount of water and fat weight is significantly reduced because there is no estrogen effect whatsoever. So blowing up like a balloon is out of the question, which isn't so visually satisfying, but it gets you harder and the gains are for real. That has to count for something. Halotestin is 17-alkalated by the way, so if you go researching don't be frightened by the enormous liver toxicity of Halostestin as I was, since 1AD is not 17-alkalated.

Since info on 1-testosterone is fairly scarce and hard to find, I did some more research on trenbolone in the specific steroid milieu (several websites, a few experienced users and a special shout-out to La Fetarde of our very own steroid boards for the info) and found that the common belief is that it is best stacked with a non-androgen for best results. Meaning that if you were thinking of stacking this, moderate doses (standard 300 to 600 mg) would be best used with Nor-diol, but if you were thinking of doing a serious stack (expensive, 900-1200 mg), you may want to consider 19Nor instead so there is no competition for enzymes.

There has been some talk of using 1AD as a pre-contest hardener as even users who were dieting and experienced very little gains boasted some impressive physiques nonetheless.

The major downsides to 1AD: physiologically the only side-effect reported so far is a loss of libido, to which Patrick Arnold himself replied that it may best be stacked with 4-diol if this worries you (or you have an insatiable girlfriend like me). And some of the testimonials said something about a distended belly, though it went away. Other than that, the only major setback is once again the cost. This stuff is even more expensive than Nor-diol (here at Bodybuilding.com the prices for both products from Ergopharm per 10.000 mg are $44.36 bucks for Nor-diol and $74.96 for 1AD), which will no doubt scare a lot of people off. And since the patent is owned by LPJ, it's unlikely that competition will lower the price as with creatine. So there probably will not be any reduction in price in the near future.

1-Testosterone

Name: 1-Testosterone

Structure: 17-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-3-one

Effective Dose: 300 mg/day orally, 200 mg/day transdermally, 100-150 mg/day ethergel

Characteristics:

1-Testosterone is a revolution in itself for the supplement industry, and with it we have entered the final leg to making supplements equally effective to steroids. Let's not kid ourselves here, some may wish to deny it, but 1-Test is an actual steroid. It's legal under the same act as prohormones, that indicates a steroidal nutrient can be sold legally if it is A) naturally occurring and B) not previously been pursued as a pharmaceutical.

The story started with the constant improvements in the area of prohormones, a weak form of steroids that needed to convert to an active form by way of (limited) bodily enzymes to an active substance such as nandrolone , testosterone, boldenone or DHT. All of them are very effective, but illegal hormones. Patrick Arnold, owner of Ergopharm and no doubt one of the prime movers in the prohormone industry, introduced a new prohormone some time back which he called 1AD. The active substance it converted to was a hormone most had never heard about, and he called it 1-testosterone. An aptly chosen name, since its basically similar to testosterone except instead of a 4,5-double bond, it has a 1,2-double bond. But the name has caused some confusion and perhaps kept a few people from seeing what the substance really was.

The absence of a 4,5-double bond and its replacement with 2 hydrogen atoms is something that occurs naturally in the body by way of an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase. This is the same enzyme that makes DHT (Dihydro-testosterone) from testosterone. The resulting hormone is in all cases incapable of forming estrogen, allowing it to give a user smaller but much leaner gains, and add a look of hardness to the muscle for people with a relatively low body-fat. In most cases (nandrolone to dihydronandrolone being the exception) the new hormone is more androgenic. To sum up, it has reduced estrogenic and increased androgenic activity. This allows for increases in strength and aggression, reduction of body-fat, and a leaner look to the physique. If we replace the dihydro structure with a 4,5-double bond, then we would see that 1-testosterone is in fact a 5-alpha-reduced version of the hormone boldenone, a testosterone analog with an added 1,2-double bond that is characterized as being much milder than testosterone, both estrogenically and androgenically. Which would make 1-testosterone a non-aromatizing hormone, that is androgenically milder than DHT (less aggressive on hair loss and acne), but due to its altered structure is also much more active than DHT, which is readily deactivated. So Dihydro-boldenone would have been, at least from a structural viewpoint, a much better description.

In explaining what it does or how it works, some misconception has found its way into the reasoning. Again Patrick Arnold, who first likened its action to that of the steroid trenbolone (19-Nor-androsta-4,9,11-trien-3-one) lay at the base of these misconceptions. It lead most to believe we were dealing with an entirely new steroid. Fact of the matter is that 1-testosterone has been studied to a great extent and that perhaps the choice not to use it medically, at least in its original form, had other reasons. Such as for example its irritative properties. But 1-testosterone was most definitely used, albeit with one alteration : the attachment of a 1-methyl group. This alteration made it, according to the powers that be, an entirely different drug. But really this alteration has only one major impact : making it orally active. The drug in question is methenolone (primobolan). So one could, at least in terms of action, consider 1-testosterone a weak form of primobolan. Due to its lack of oral activity it is only delivered in the blood at around 14% as opposed to the much higher percentage obtained with a 1-methylation. If you know that primobolan is generally taken in 100-150 mg doses daily, then it won't surprise you that oral doses of 1-test are in the neighbourhood of at least 300 mg and probably should be higher.

So reasonably what one can expect from the use of 1-testosterone is moderate to good gains, which can probably be enhanced with the addition of an aromatizing prohormone. Usually the product will impart a harder, denser, perhaps even leaner physique on its user while never disappointing the gains it provides. Since, at least legally, it's the most potent thing for muscle growth apart from food. The user should be aware however that this is a steroid, which can never be used for more than 6-8 weeks on end, without an equally long or longer period off, because it will suppress natural testosterone secretion in the body. It's also advised that you have a good grasp of nutrition prior to using any product of this kind. This is not only imperative in achieving the maximum in terms of size, but also in keeping that size during the post-cycle period of depressed natural testosterone levels .

For all intents and purposes, 1-testosterone is a breakthrough in legal supplementation, a gateway to a new era. And already the work has progressed at an amazing pace to make 1-test as available as its analog, primobolan, in order to create a genuine legal steroid with the potency of an illegal steroid. Higher Power, Avant Labs, and Molecular Nutrition are three companies that have already made drastic steps towards achieving that. This is the supplement of the future!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Here's one

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...&highlight=1AD

another small one

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...&highlight=1AD

Hopes this helps till you get some more responses

Aragorn

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Thanks OG and Aragon. I know prohormones are pretty worthless. It's more the mental aspect of just taking something that helps me. I'm just using it all until all my gear comes in then I'll quit taking eveything for a week or to and jump on the juice.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    they are pretty worthless its true but 1-test is the least worthless of them it seems

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    They all suck, prohormones suck! If you aint going the AS route just stick with creatine, protein, flaxseed oil and L-glut. You will be saving whole lotta money then wasting your money on that shit.

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    prohormones work just fine for those looking to stay legal
    You'll get good results
    I doubt that titantiger has even taken ph's recently

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I just ordered 120 capsules of Ergo-Pharm 1-AD. And 120 capsules of 4-AD. Planning on buying 3 more of 1-AD. Total 5 bottles of 1-AD, 2 bottles of 4-AD, and one bottle of 5-AD (estrogen makes you blow up like a damn baloon :-D) And I have asked around on many different threads, created my own. I've only got a couple of bad responses on ph's. It's true that pro-hormones will give you 0-effect if you have taken anabolic steroids before. But they are a great thing and will give good results if you're looking to stay natural and away from the juice for awhile.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't agree that 1-AD is a worthless supplement, if "supplements" are what you're looking for. This was my experience with 1-AD. I took 6 pills ED for 6 weeks. I gained @ 15lbs and kept 8 or so. I retained water in my muscle and people made comments to me about face bloat. My strength came along well and I felt extra drive in the gym. I also fatigued less easily and I noticed that I had a little more motivation in my day to day doings. I can definately say that it increased my aggresion level in and out of the gym; motivation may be a better word for it however. I also lost some hair and grew some zits. Once discontinuing use, I immediately noticed a reduction in water weight and vascularity, as well as drive and aggresion. Having said all that, I had never used any anabloic or pro-hormone up to this point, and I believe that my expierince was optimal. I don't think that 1-AD would be appropriate in your situation. Supplementing with small doses of Dbol in a bridge until your next cycle would be better IMO. I think I saw a thread floating around here recently about Dbol as a supplement. Cheaper too; 1-AD is expensive. With the exception of tribulus and dhea for older guys, I don't think pro-hormones are worth a penny if you're willing to use AS.

jersey juice is offline Member
    Besides the legality issue, I don't see the point of using them if they are going to shut you down like any other AAS. If I'm gonna be shut down it might as well be to my maximum benefit. Just my .02

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not worth the money.

Save you're money for REAL juice. You worked hard for it, now get it to work hard for you!

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    hey big t i am on the same thing i have t-bombs by MHP i am useing fish oils for my omegas and i am also cycleing dhea i robbed gnc last night for about $500 worth of goodies so i grab this t bomb stuff to try out. i love returning shit i never paid for in the first place
    what are your stats big t

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Just curious but why respond to a thread that hasn't been answered in over a year? Can you say post whores. Hi, post whores

Big T probly already used or didn't use the 1-AD.

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    Just curious but why respond to a thread that hasn't been answered in over a year? Can you say post whores. Hi, post whores

Big T probly already used or didn't use the 1-AD.
    "post whore" LOL

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I used the T Bomb stuff from GNC.Gained alot of power but no mass gains.Sex drive dropped to Zero.AS or nothing,plus it's cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I used the T Bomb stuff from GNC.Gained alot of power but no mass gains.Sex drive dropped to Zero.AS or nothing,plus it's cheaper
    bull did you use 2 pills a day or did you do 300 mg a day
    i am only doing 100 mgs a day and i have noticed a gret pump. Also my jimmy is pumped as well?!?!? like a rock lol
    but yea i have no sex drive seems unfair doesnt it
    Last edited by ENraged; 09-17-2003 at 07:47 PM.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    1AD by ergopharm worked for me. I use to jump start my cycles for around 2 weeks. I get stronger and more vascular within 10 days. I would like to know how many of the people who say they are no good have used quality prohormones or any at all for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    1AD by ergopharm worked for me. I use to jump start my cycles for around 2 weeks. I get stronger and more vascular within 10 days. I would like to know how many of the people who say they are no good have used quality prohormones or any at all for that matter.
    they do work but the dosage they put on the bottles is never what you really need that is the problem. So after you get the facts and load the proper doasge you are spening as much as a hardcore bb'er.
    so yes they work but not really worth the money. I got mine for free so its all good Might run one more bottle before i convert my fina and brew up some prop and dive in to the "real mans cycle".

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ENraged
    hey big t i am on the same thing i have t-bombs by MHP i am useing fish oils for my omegas and i am also cycleing dhea i robbed gnc last night for about $500 worth of goodies so i grab this t bomb stuff to try out. i love returning shit i never paid for in the first place
    what are your stats big t
    One of my best friends owns a GNC, I'll be sure to alert him to send out a mass e-mail to franchisees BIG MOUTH. You are exactly what this site doesn't need...

Quote Originally Posted by Go Time
    One of my best friends owns a GNC, I'll be sure to alert him to send out a mass e-mail to franchisees BIG MOUTH. You are exactly what this site doesn't need...
    dude eat a fat one no one asked for your morality view

Da Bull is offline Banned
    bull did you use 2 pills a day or did you do 300 mg a day
    i am only doing 100 mgs a day and i have noticed a gret pump. Also my jimmy is pumped as well?!?!? like a rock lol
    but yea i have no sex drive seems unfair doesnt it
    Did 8 a day,sometimes 10.T bomb was the best of all I tried

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tt333
    They all suck, prohormones suck! If you aint going the AS route just stick with creatine, protein, flaxseed oil and L-glut. You will be saving whole lotta money then wasting your money on that shit.
    I did the 1-test thing, its absolutely true, when you go off cycle you quickly loose the gained weight, sometimes even more then you started and it goes quickly... takes only 4-5 days to loose it ALL.

dude eat a fat one no one asked for your morality view
    Dude, I am just saying don't go bragging about stealing. This site is supposed to be promoting responsible users, and as for eating a fat one, from the looks of your profile it appears you have ate several fat ones.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What an old ass thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    I did the 1-test thing, its absolutely true, when you go off cycle you quickly loose the gained weight, sometimes even more then you started and it goes quickly... takes only 4-5 days to loose it ALL.
    That is odd i have not lost anything and i ran out last week

as for you go time i am not going to make an effort to fight with you about the good old gnc!! And trust me i am not the only one on this board that sees fit to rape those over priced pricks ever chance they get.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    as for you go time i am not going to make an effort to fight with you about the good old gnc!! And trust me i am not the only one on this board that sees fit to rape those over priced pricks ever chance they get.
    I did like "Da Bull" did and took 8 to 10 per day for 2 months... only gained up like 8 lbs.

Fair enough,I've read enough of your posts to realize you seem to know what you are talking about which is definitely a good thing for this site. However, most people group steroid users ino the categories of thugs, punks, etc. This is exactly what you are portraying when you brag about stealing from a retail store. I'm pretty sure I got raped on the price of the car I just bought, but I never considered stealing it. You get my point? I'm dropping it from here. Hopefully you might understand where I am coming from.

I have noticed a 3 percent b/f drop and gained about 8 pounds. no bloat but we will see what happens in a few day's 6 of taking nothing no drop at all yet
    Last edited by ENraged; 10-13-2003 at 08:02 PM.

I agree i am very bitter with gnc. I am an ex employee
    That was fired for not asking repeat customers to sign up for goldcards and if they are taking a good multivit. So ya i have some pent up anger against them. i Personally am a happy go lucky dad of 2 that is just simply trying to regain his youthfull appearance i had before my babys' Mom's Went fast food crazy and bloated me up like a balloon.

Thread Information