rainbowsheep is offline Junior Member

steroid study question

Study abstract at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract ... abstract is also below.

Muscular strength, body composition and health responses to the use of testosterone enanthate : a double blind study.

Giorgi A, Weatherby RP, Murphy PW.

School of Exercise Science and Sports Management, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia.

To determine the effect the steroid, testosterone enanthate (TE) had on upper body strength, body composition and health. Twenty one male weight training subjects were randomly assigned in a double blind method to either a 3.5 mg(-1) x kg(-1) TE (n=11) or placebo (n=10) weight training group. The subjects were monitored during a 12 week administration phase and a subsequent 12 week follow up phase. Subjects were tested on a number of strength and size measurements, whilst having their health monitored. The results from the study revealed that the testosterone/weight training group improved significantly (p<0.05) more than the placebo/weight training group during and immediately after the administration phase on a 1 repetition maximum bench press. With regards to body composition, body weight, arm girth and rectus femoris circumference all increased significantly greater in the TE group compared to the placebo. Furthermore, the abdomen skinfold showed significant decreases in the TE group compared to the placebo group at post testing, follow up mid testing and the follow up post testing occasions. With the exception of the abdomen skinfold no within or between group differences were evident following a cycling off period of 12 weeks. Changes to baseline health indicators were reported in some subjects following testosterone usage. This included an average elevation in systolic blood pressure in all TE subjects by 10 mm Hg, a mild increase in hereditary frontal alopecia, increased muscle tightness (hamstrings and pectorals), a mild increase in libido over the first two weeks with a subsequent fall to normal, mild acne, subjective changes to personality including an increase in aggression, irritability and positive mood responses. Consequently, moderate doses of TE combined with weight training can result in short term significant changes in upper body strength and body composition, with corresponding changes to baseline health in some individuals.

Is that one injection of test over 12 weeks? Weekly? Interesting that the ab skinfold decreased while the other skinfolds stayed the same...

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/re...81/6/E1172.pdf is another study that correlates fat loss and muscle gain to testosterone dosages.

Anyone know the mechanism behind this? I surprised to see people here say that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time (while on AAS), when there are numerous studies that say otherwise.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowsheep
    Anyone know the mechanism behind this? I surprised to see people here say that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time (while on AAS), when there are numerous studies that say otherwise.
    won't find me saying that. from personal experience i always lean out a little bit when on a cycle.

of course this is all predetermined by your diet. if you eat like shit, you have more of chance to look like shit. i know that most people will clean their diet up a ton when they get on the sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    won't find me saying that. from personal experience i always lean out a little bit when on a cycle.

of course this is all predetermined by your diet. if you eat like shit, you have more of chance to look like shit. i know that most people will clean their diet up a ton when they get on the sauce.
    True. I'm just interested in the mechanisms behind all of that, especially about why ab skinfolds sometimes decrease more than others.

No one knows?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur

My diet is dirtier then ever but I am convinced "I" leaned up some in spite of a 20+ pound weight gain.

Thread Information