Endurance is offline Associate Member

for those of you who don't aspirate

I know that some of you think aspirating is a waste of time and what are the chances and never had any problems before yada yada. I was sticking my right quad a yesterday and when i aspirated BOOM blood oh blood shot up in there. The first time ever. I have been sticking myself eod on my cycle for the last 7 months straight with no breaks. Never once happened.....but it did goddamn it. it only takes 2 seconds and imagine what would have happened had i just went ahead and injected. haha You think a cc of fina wouldn't make you sick intravenously your mistaken. Take the time the extra 2 seconds and be safe and aspirate . just a little experince for the bros (and gals)

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    on the fourth day of my first cycle, i drew blood. was a quad injection also...

-- cb

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that big plume of blood suddenly squirting into your syringe can be really unnerving!! I know how you feel.

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Endurance
    I know that some of you think aspirating is a waste of time and what are the chances and never had any problems before yada yada. I was sticking my right quad a yesterday and when i aspirated BOOM blood oh blood shot up in there. The first time ever. I have been sticking myself eod on my cycle for the last 7 months straight with no breaks. Never once happened.....but it did goddamn it. it only takes 2 seconds and imagine what would have happened had i just went ahead and injected. haha You think a cc of fina wouldn't make you sick intravenously your mistaken. Take the time the extra 2 seconds and be safe and aspirate . just a little experince for the bros (and gals)
    Maybe you can help, i have question. Ive only been on my first cycle for about a week and a half. Ive done 3 shots so far (all in my quad - it gives me more control, i dont have to bend around). I always aspirate, but it seems that its hard to "pull up" on the plunger, is muscle plugging the tip (22gx1")? If the plunger stops can i assume that im good to go? Any tips...Thanks in advance.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You'll feel a sort of vacume when you aspirate into the muscle, it should be hard to pull up. That's exactly what you want, if you hit a vein you'll be able to easilly aspirate and blood will fill the syringe.

hybrid is offline Member
    bdtr has it exactly right. If it's hard to pull back when you aspirate , then that is good.

detroit is offline Banned
    Cool, thanks for clearing that up for me...

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    That being said, you should still be able to pull a small amount of air into the syringe. What needle size are you using?

Nixter.

IT SHOULD be hard to pull back....this is good. also you should see a few air bubbles come up in the syringe...this is good. 22g should be good choice although that is an unusual gauge. but the point is that you are doing it and thats what this thread was for

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    You'll feel a sort of vacume when you aspirate into the muscle, it should be hard to pull up. That's exactly what you want, if you hit a vein you'll be able to easilly aspirate and blood will fill the syringe.
    yeah word. when you aspirate and its hard to pull up and you draw air, you should be able to let go, and the little air bubble should shoot back into you automatically (i.e. the vacuum sucks it back in).

for you experienced guys, how to minimize movement while aspirating? when i do delts or biceps, i have to use one hand only and it >is< hard to pull back on the plunger with one hand while at the same time holding the syringe steady.

one time i dropped the syringe while the needle was all the way in my muscle. blood squirted out when i pulled the needle out and now there is a nasty purple bruise under my skin on that injection site...=/

thanks for the tips,
    -- cb

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    reach around and grab the syringe like your mouse and put your left mouse finger (index) just under the plunger tab then just push your finger out. viola! Aspiration!

Nixter.

yeah i use the one hand method just like nixter said

toolman is offline Banned
    I always aspirate and have't hit a vein yet. I mostly shoot the glutes. However, what do you do with the bloodied gear, still shoot it or load a new one?

alpineslide is offline Junior Member
    As far as I know...it's your blood...go ahead and shoot it

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid
    bdtr has it exactly right. If it's hard to pull back when you aspirate, then that is good.
    Yup...

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    I always aspirate and have't hit a vein yet. I mostly shoot the glutes. However, what do you do with the bloodied gear, still shoot it or load a new one?

In a clinical setting I know we are supposed to dispense the needle and draw up another and not to reuse. The main point being is that there is already blood in there so when you reshoot and aspirate you may not be able to tell if you are drawing up more blood. Again this is a clinical setting but in my living room setting these rules do not apply, haha.

i squirted the blood in the trash and got a new needle.

-- clocky

i just pulled out moved down and shot it again

dutchboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter
    reach around and grab the syringe like your mouse and put your left mouse finger (index) just under the plunger tab then just push your finger out. viola! Aspiration!

Nixter.
    could somebody please describe this with a little more detail.

I have a hell of a time aspirating my glutes. Hard time holding needle still, and if I see it move it makes me more nervous and in turn moves more.

Quads are a piece of cake cause I can use the other hand but glutes and delts are very difficult for me.

thanks,

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I can't waste that shit personally...I just pull out, restick and shoot it all back. It's just my blood.

wannabebeefcake is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks!

I know that most of time, if you see blood, you have just knicked or passed through a vein or artery on the way in or out. So, just because you see blood doesn't mean that you would be shooting directly into a vein...which would be very hard to do. Not impossible...but difficult.

talon is offline Senior Member
    I havent had this happen to me yet. I would say, though, that blood has a different viscosity and thickness to it then the oiled "gear'', so I would think that the blood would sit on top of the oil. I would say squirt as much blood out as possible, change the needle and redo the inject.

if blood comes in your syringe when you aspirate you are very close if not in a vein. not an artery because that would be some serious blood and probably pain. BLood does sit on oil because of its physical nature....however there is no harm in shooting it. THe chances of you getting the blood out of the gear is very slim without losing so much so it is better just to change needles if you even do that and shoot it back in....

if blood comes in your syringe when you aspirate you are very close if not in a vein. not an artery because that would be some serious blood and probably pain. BLood does sit on oil because of its physical nature....however there is no harm in shooting it. THe chances of you getting the blood out of the gear is very slim without losing so much so it is better just to change needles if you even do that and shoot it back in....
    Theoretically, doesn't the human body have comparably the same amount of arteries as veins? I hear what you are saying about a shit load of blood, and I've always assumed any blood that I seen was from a vein...but your reply got me to thinking about that.

peace,

ttgb

The largest percent of human blood is in the capillary beds (the "gate" betweent the arteries and the veins of our blood circulation). The amount of blood at that level in the body (the quads) will be about the same. Though its not comparable to the large blood vessels like the aorta for say, which will have twice the amount/supply.....

ok. talon is correct but a typical capillary is 7-9 micrometers in diameter...very small.the only arery of concern in the quad is the descending branch of the lateral circumflex artery. It is very large. there are also the iliac and femoral and deep femoral but they are not in the region in which you would inject. also we must remember the nature of the tissues in veins and arteries. arteries are composed of typically 3 layers of tissue including smooth muscle and elastic. Veins have a endothlial layers and some scattered collagen fibers. All that shit just means that it would be easier to penatrate a vein and not know it rather an artery. also remember that most of us inject close to the gluteal tuberosity on the femur in which this is the high region of the quad that has alot of meat and in this area there are many branches of veins from the deep femoral vein. basically it all depends on where you are injecting some places have more than others. for instance the leg more than the glute as some have observed

thanks for making that so clear endurance!!

The old saying "careful what you ask for" sometimes is true. I'm not smart enough to figure out what the hell you just said...so I'll continue aspirating and be done with it!!

Also the greater saphenous vein, this and the iliac artery are the main blood vessels of delivery and return for the leg. Just be careful and as tryingtogetbig suggests, ASPIRATE everytime to be safe.

sorry tryingtogetbigger

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    thanks for making that so clear endurance!!

The old saying "careful what you ask for" sometimes is true. I'm not smart enough to figure out what the hell you just said...so I'll continue aspirating and be done with it!!

i didn't want to sound like i was just pulling this stuff out of my ass. i do know what i was trying to say...sometimes i can't get it across like i would want to i guess it comes from all those years of being invovled in the medical field. just basically like you said aspirate always which is the point of the thread

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    How long does it take for an injection anyway. It's not terribly long. So take the patience to find a way to aspirate , with one hand if needed. It's worth it.

It's like that saying, you might as well believe in the supernatural because then you're safe if there are such things. If there isn't, then oh well. BUT, if there is and you don't believe......

YOU'RE FUCKED

Doc

Tuggy is offline Associate Member
    I must have been a bad time for injections. I hit a nerve in my quad for the 1st time. Fu** did that hurt and what really sucked is you are trying to stay still and then when you hit a nerve your whole f***ing leg jumps which made the dart hurt even more. The added bonud for pain was that it was prop. A fun time was had by all!

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuggy
    I must have been a bad time for injections. I hit a nerve in my quad for the 1st time. Fu** did that hurt and what really sucked is you are trying to stay still and then when you hit a nerve your whole f***ing leg jumps which made the dart hurt even more. The added bonud for pain was that it was prop. A fun time was had by all!
    I hit a nerve in my quad about every 3rd inject.

i didn't want to sound like i was just pulling this stuff out of my ass. i do know what i was trying to say...sometimes i can't get it across like i would want to i guess it comes from all those years of being invovled in the medical field. just basically like you said aspirate always which is the point of the thread
    Serously bro...thanks to you and talon for explaining what all is involved!

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    I was working at a flu clinic yesterday giving injections and I asked the nurse what is the worst thing thats happened when giving IM injections. She said that a local doctor got sued by a woman who got a deltoid injection and it paralyzed her arm. This happened about 6 months ago and she still has no feeling in that arm and is still doing therapy. The other story she told me is about a woman who had her arm amputated also from a bad deltoid shot. I didn't ask what caused it because I was like oh shit! So take your injections seriously and don't fuck around. I don't want to be on a board with a bunch of one armed or one ass bodybuilders.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    So take your injections seriously and don't fuck around. I don't want to be on a board with a bunch of one armed or one ass bodybuilders.

heheheh

Oh boy. I kind of want this shit to be over for results and safety's sake. The risks we take.

I was working at a flu clinic yesterday giving injections and I asked the nurse what is the worst thing thats happened when giving IM injections. She said that a local doctor got sued by a woman who got a deltoid injection and it paralyzed her arm. This happened about 6 months ago and she still has no feeling in that arm and is still doing therapy. The other story she told me is about a woman who had her arm amputated also from a bad deltoid shot. I didn't ask what caused it because I was like oh shit! So take your injections seriously and don't fuck around. I don't want to be on a board with a bunch of one armed or one ass bodybuilders.
    what?! are you fucking kidding me? why did i have to read this??? =( i love my daily injections and do em like its eating candy, but the more i read, the more scared i get... and since they are daily, obviously there is more chance of distaster...=(

can you go back to her and ask exactly what caused those conditions? the amputation sounds like an infection that wasn't treated till way too late, but still, scary shit...=(

-- clocky

Fashioncore1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Catamount
    I was working at a flu clinic yesterday giving injections and I asked the nurse what is the worst thing thats happened when giving IM injections. She said that a local doctor got sued by a woman who got a deltoid injection and it paralyzed her arm. This happened about 6 months ago and she still has no feeling in that arm and is still doing therapy. The other story she told me is about a woman who had her arm amputated also from a bad deltoid shot. I didn't ask what caused it because I was like oh shit! So take your injections seriously and don't fuck around. I don't want to be on a board with a bunch of one armed or one ass bodybuilders.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a good thing i've never done and never will do AS. I stick to my protein shakes and creatine, just like ronnie says. Hopefully i'll be 275lbs like him one day.

a little pick you up

this is some shit. The amputation sounds like neglagence on some ones part. the paralyzed arm sounds like the woman had a previous condition that would lead to this occurence. Thats why these were the worst things that could happen....they are rare. there are things that happen with the human body that can not be explained by any class book or degree. its the wonderful nature of life. aside from that i can assure you that the deltoid is the most injected site for IM injections to the general population by a health care provider. YOu should have confidence in yourself everytime that you inject that you will do everything necessary to ensure your own safety.

Thread Information