MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

The 'Reverse Anorexia' Syndrome

this is a good articles from bodybuilder.co.za

Date added: 05 May 2003
    Before I start writing this article, let me make it clear from the outset: this article has no scientific backing, it is an expression of my own experiences and oppinions.

I call it the 'reverse anorexia syndrome' and it starts off like this:

We decide to take our first course of steroids , thinking: 'I'll just take one course to pick up some size and then give up' - it never happens like this...

While we are on a course we are getting bigger and stronger, faster. We recieve compliments from our peers and others, commenting on how good we are looking. Our ego's grow, like anybody's would with all this attention.

Once we come off our courses we obviously shrink and lose strength. People then start out with comments like: 'Are you still training, you are losing size?', comments like these can make a bodybuilder go mad!! we sweat and toil for recognition and someone pulls us down when we lose some size!

What happens now is that subconsciously we start putting ourselves down, looking in the mirror and literally seeing ourselves shrink.

Only one solution: take another course, and the circle starts again.

That's why I still maintain that if you start taking juice you will not stop...

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    nice try, but too late. There is a clinical disorder called muscle dysmorphia. Exactly like you claimed where the person cannot feel big enough where they tend to do things to get bigger at whatever cost no matter how harmful. Extreme cases can be deadly from what i hear.

Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    nice try, but too late. There is a clinical disorder called muscle dysmorphia. Exactly like you claimed where the person cannot feel big enough where they tend to do things to get bigger at whatever cost no matter how harmful. Extreme cases can be deadly from what i hear.
    Yeah this is a disorder and people also call it reverse anorexia and I see so many of my friends who hate their body and feel so small, but the fact is that are huge.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LightWeightBaby
    Yeah this is a disorder and people also call it reverse anorexia and I see so many of my friends who hate their body and feel so small, but the fact is that are huge.
    I did my abnormal psych presentation on this....the class loved it with hearing my whole story.

Sonnie is offline Junior Member
    I recently read an article in a local newspaper calling it Bigorexia

Thread Information