youg'un is offline Associate Member

Please every one with some chemical knowledge respond.Question about DUI and Steroids

Last night i was Charged with Driving under the influence of Alcohol. My blood concentration was 140mg/ml Almost twice the legal limit. My question is i was not even close to drunk i may have had at the most 5-6 drink very spaced apart. Is there any way that in my defence i could state that my steroids contained Benzo Alcohol. And that may have contributed to my blowing over? Please offer any advice i am in a slump here and i dont know what to do. I mean shit my gym is far how will i train if i can drive?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    oh shit man....that sucks....hope everything turns out well. You could try, but i think thats a shot in the dark.

J-Bud is offline Associate Member
    I dont think you have any chance on that at all. Get a good lawyer and you should not loose your license for a DUI.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Impossible. Depending on your size your blood volume is somewhere around 5 liters, and even if you were injecting something everyday there's a max of 10% BA in whatever you're injecting...it adds up to an insignificant amount.

cfase is offline Junior Member
    Yup, bro. What longhorndr says. You dont have a chance on that story....sorry.

C

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Try not to defend yourself with AS. It has a bad enough rap as it is.

Grant is offline Member
    i think you are confused about how much BA you are actually injecting

6p6
    6p6 is offline New Member
    there is no way that defense will work. PERIOD. Get a lawyer and try to save your license.

youg'un is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Everyone, I do have a lawer its gonna cost me $3000 and i guess in alberta Whether your guilty or not you still cannot drive for 3 months guilty or not guilty.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youg'un
    Last night i was Charged with Driving under the influence of Alcohol. My blood concentration was 140mg/ml Almost twice the legal limit. My question is i was not even close to drunk i may have had at the most 5-6 drink very spaced apart. Is there any way that in my defence i could state that my steroids contained Benzo Alcohol. And that may have contributed to my blowing over? Please offer any advice i am in a slump here and i dont know what to do. I mean shit my gym is far how will i train if i can drive?
    Man I am alergic to alcohol because I get sloppy drunk on 3 beers... (or maybe because I never got used to drinking and always hated the stuff)... I think 4 beers is actually enough to make a 200 lb man beyond legally drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    i think you are confused about how much BA you are actually injecting

You and I don't get along and probably never will but I even had to laugh with that.

Thanks Everyone, I do have a lawer its gonna cost me $3000 and i guess in alberta Whether your guilty or not you still cannot drive for 3 months guilty or not guilty.
    $3000? Holy shit man thats alot of cash. I spent $1000 on 8 court dates over a period of 9 months. Did community service and got the case dismissed.

(Harassing phone calls & death threats). *I was drunk after work making crank calls*

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Impossible. Depending on your size your blood volume is somewhere around 5 liters, and even if you were injecting something everyday there's a max of 10% BA in whatever you're injecting...it adds up to an insignificant amount.
    he's right...

2 drinks can put some ppl over .08 (the legal limit in most provinces), depending again on your size and blood volume, 5-6 drinks would put you well over .08, unless they were spaced about 1.5hrs apart, and waited well over an hour to drive.

shitty deal bro...i hate to say it, but you might be better off saving that $3k for when you get your license back.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by halifaxsteve
    he's right...

2 drinks can put some ppl over .08 (the legal limit in most provinces), depending again on your size and blood volume, 5-6 drinks would put you well over .08, unless they were spaced about 1.5hrs apart, and waited well over an hour to drive.

shitty deal bro...i hate to say it, but you might be better off saving that $3k for when you get your license back.
    shit .08? here in victoria, australia its 0.5 and people complain about that.

peaker

Quote Originally Posted by peaker

peaker
    well in Nova Scotia, .05-.08 is an immediate 24hr roadside suspension

.08+ is an immediate roadside suspension, and losing your license for 1yr (on first offence), several hundred $ fine. to get your license back, you have to take a driving course that costs couple hundred bucks, re-do your drivers exam, attend drug & alcohol counseling sessions. overall, to get your license back, will cost you ~$1500 on top of the fine you pay for the conviction, plus the embarassement of attending drug counselling. then your insurance sky rockets....

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    (Harassing phone calls & death threats). *I was drunk after work making crank calls*
    That's f'ing funny!!

I can't believe the people you were calling didn't find any humor in that!!??

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Yo bro! That sucks!

I'm going to reflect some positivity on this (although it may not seem like it)...my neighbour was charged with a DUI. He was given a 12 month suspension which got reduced to 6 months, a $1500 fine, Police compound fees for impounding his truck, plus over $5000 in lawyer bills. If you can get the bills around the $3000 mark...you're doing fine (all things considered).

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    $3000? Holy shit man thats alot of cash.
    I think that's Canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    I think that's Canadian.
    $3000 CDN = $2350 USD

but it's all relative

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    $5000 in the state I live in is usually the norm when u get a DUI. That includes fines, court cost's, and probation fee's etc..
    A good lawyer should be able to get you a reduced setence like ARD, so if you have the cash it's best to hire one.
    I have a good friend that got off on a DUI but it cost him almost $16,000 in fee's....

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    A good lawyer...
    what an oxymoron!!

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I got stopped for a DUI almost two years ago. The thing is I never blew, and I spent $2000 on a lawyer to get it reduced to a reckless driving. Still lost my liscence for a year for refusing the test, but my insurance company didn't say anything about the reckless driving! They would have dropped my for sure with a DUI, something you may need to think about. Also, you may be eligible for a hardship permit as I was. But back to your original question...

We already covered the fact that the BA is insignificant here. Also, anything else that may have led you to be intoxicated is not an excuse, like cough syrup, medication, etc. You got stopped for driving under the influence, the influence of what is wide open, and I'm sure you didn't get stopped because your car had pretty wheels on it. Don't try to make an excuse to cover up a mistake on your part. Pay a good lawyer to do it for you!!!

-moto

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, and after all the fines, probation fees, lost wages, penalties, liscence fees, shool fees, and such, the $3000 for the lawyer will be a hell of a deal. Trust me here.

-moto

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre

You and I don't get along and probably never will but I even had to laugh with that.
    Negative way to look at things bro

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I got stopped for a DUI almost two years ago. The thing is I never blew, and I spent $2000 on a lawyer to get it reduced to a reckless driving. Still lost my liscence for a year for refusing the test, but my insurance company didn't say anything about the reckless driving! They would have dropped my for sure with a DUI, something you may need to think about. Also, you may be eligible for a hardship permit as I was. But back to your original question...

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Oh, and after all the fines, probation fees, lost wages, penalties, liscence fees, shool fees, and such, the $3000 for the lawyer will be a hell of a deal. Trust me here.

-moto
    Canada is a lot different than the US...that stuff doesn't work here...the legal (and insurance) system is significantly different. wreckless/dangerous driving is a criminal code conviction here, and you will still get dropped by your insurance co., loose your license. and after all that, you still have many of the same costs to get your license back.

refusing the breathlyser is an automatic guily conviction of DUI. i know lots of guys who have had DUI's...and they all went to talk to lawyers. unless there is something wrong with the police's procedure, there is nothing you can do. if he blew over limit on the side of the road, there is nothing he can do.

anyway you shake it, it's a shitty situation...

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    That's f'ing funny!!

I can't believe the people you were calling didn't find any humor in that!!??
    Well imitating Sol Rosenburg from the Jerky Boys and calling them @ 3am......I could see why they weren't happy.

custom fit is offline Member
    I got caught 2 years ago, and honestly it was the BEST thing that ever happened to me. I used to go out get drunk (not slamed) and drive. Your lucky you didn't hurt or kill anyone. Let this be a lessoned learned b/c you just got a second chance of living.

I free your pain bro. About a year ago I got popped. After everything was said and done it cost me 'bout $2500.00. Hey bro you said you were not even drunk. Did you fail the field sobriety tests? If you didn't, even though the breathalizer was pretty high, you still may be able to get it reduced to a reckless operation charge. I know here in the states a DUI is on your driving record permantly. A reckless op is wiped clean after 3yrs. This fuckin' DUI has cost me four potential jobs. So try and do everything you can if there is a chance to get it reduced. Good luck.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peaker

peaker
    I hope you meant 0.05, because if your BAC was 0.5 you would be dead as hell.

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    i'll get my license suspended for the money and catch a cab to and from gym ed

hawk9603 is offline Junior Member
    I mean shit my gym is far how will i train if i can drive?
    bro its rough i just got a dwi a while back i have no license and im lucky if i can get to the gym 3-4 times a week good luck wit court bro

Thread Information