ross3814 is offline Member

just shot into a vein!

i think i just shot into a vein. as soon as i realized that i didnt pull the plunger back to check for air, i started coughing and getting all nervous. well now that thats over, does it waste the shot when you shoot into a vein?

bump

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    doubt you really did. blood would rush in the syringe even if you didnt pull back. you may have passed through one.

There may have been a minimal amount that was introduced into the blood stream bro. Once it enters the blood stream it goes to the heart and then into the lungs. The coughing that you expirienced is the body's natural reaction to eliminate the foreign substance. Its happened to me several times. I always try to inject very slowly and if I start to cough(usually on inspiration)thats when I know that I barely passed through a vein and I'm gonna have to rejab. Always aspirate before injecting.

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    There may have been a minimal amount that was introduced into the blood stream bro. Once it enters the blood stream it goes to the heart and then into the lungs. The coughing that you expirienced is the body's natural reaction to eliminate the foreign substance. Its happened to me several times. I always try to inject very slowly and if I start to cough(usually on inspiration)thats when I know that I barely passed through a vein and I'm gonna have to rejab. Always aspirate before injecting.
    cool that seems to explain it... thanks for the help. i was sweatin that one a little

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    If you inject too fast that can cause the coughing. The insert in Testoviron specifically says to use a slow injection to avoid coughing... FYI...

If it was a vein you would see blood come back up in the pin and you may get light headed and/or nautious...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    If you inject too fast that can cause the coughing. The insert in Testoviron specifically says to use a slow injection to avoid coughing... FYI...

If it was a vein you would see blood come back up in the pin and you may get light headed and/or nautious...
    i did get light headed and nautious. my heart and lungs have felt kinda weird today. i also got mad tired for no reason. i cant breath in too much without coughing. tight chested ya know.

Endurance is offline Associate Member
    read my aspiration thread

Thread Information