View Poll Results: is roid rage fact or fiction?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes its real

112 48.91%
  • no its not

83 36.24%
  • not sure

34 14.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: roid rage

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor

roid rage

do you think it is real or an excuse?

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    If you are an asshole to begin with then gear will only make it worse. If you know how to control yourself then it is a non issue.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I voted yes but i think my temper is generally bad And i think it is extremely possible if you add alcohol to the mix, quick equation
    Gin+Juice (no pun)+ Fight or flight situation= DRAMA

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Its all what you are like before the AS

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Every time I hear about RR I think to myself "myth or truth", well IME I'd say I can lose my temper off cycle more than on, I appreciate what I'm doin' and my self-control is far greater, but I agree with PA and Kizer your reaction to AAS largely depends apon your personality before gear.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by kizer_soce
    If you are an asshole to begin with then gear will only make it worse. If you know how to control yourself then it is a non issue.
    I agree! I never had a prob. I also think people tend to make it an excuse to be a ass.

atwa is offline Associate Member
    losing your temper has nothing to do with steroids .........if your a dick head while on.....then your a dickhead while off. as far as im comcerned if you feel that steroids make you go off on people............ then its just a excuse for not being able to control your own anger.

Kullman is offline Member
    I think it is used as a scapegoat. Steriods can elevate your aggression but people just blame roid rage when they do something wrong, that's my 2cents

Kull

The original jason Guest
    Personally I think its true, being angry is nothing to do with being a dickhead what sort of a comment is that???, being angry is due to undelt with feelings that many people suffer with most people who take steroids have some sort of bad feeling about themselves like never feel good enough or big enough or to small or some form of bad body image and thats just touching the surface alot more have had drug and other addiction problem(including me). Everyone has anger inside and different peope deal with things in different ways I hate violence but when im on the juice sometimes I feel myself being more angry and wanting to say things to people who tread in my personal space whereas sometimes when im straight I would let it pass. Im far from a bully and dont fight if I dont have to infact cant remember the last time but it definately increases anger in me especially halos make me very short tempered. So my idea is it increases the chances of losing control yes for sure I do agree its different in different people not sure to whether they are a dickhead although there are some but its due to how people have been taught to react to different situations in their life that my .02c worth

peace
    Jason

Ms Figure is offline Retired Moderator
    Yes and your 2c Jason is absolutly spot on!!!! listen to Jason he is a knowledgable guy!
    Ms Figure

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Hey OJ accurate and very true bro

The Iron Game Guest
    Originally posted by The original jason
    Personally I think its true, being angry is nothing to do with being a dickhead what sort of a comment is that???, being angry is due to undelt with feelings that many people suffer with most people who take steroids have some sort of bad feeling about themselves like never feel good enough or big enough or to small or some form of bad body image and thats just touching the surface alot more have had drug and other addiction problem(including me). Everyone has anger inside and different peope deal with things in different ways I hate violence but when im on the juice sometimes I feel myself being more angry and wanting to say things to people who tread in my personal space whereas sometimes when im straight I would let it pass. Im far from a bully and dont fight if I dont have to infact cant remember the last time but it definately increases anger in me especially halos make me very short tempered. So my idea is it increases the chances of losing control yes for sure I do agree its different in different people not sure to whether they are a dickhead although there are some but its due to how people have been taught to react to different situations in their life that my .02c worth

peace
    Jason
    Word

I totally agree with jason. The only other thing is that I think it varies by types of gear. In my case, most tests don't really make me angry or anything, even at doses upward of 1gram a week. But I tried halo for a little while and I had to quit, it made me MEAN!! I wanted to start sh*t with everyone just for looking at me funny, and I am NOT a violent person. That sh*t scares me.

john004 is offline Associate Member
    I think it's all in your mind, you just feeling and look bigger and stronger than you've ever been, so you feel like your on top of the world, it's you eigo.. thats my opinion.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    my temper is as bad or worse than the next guys. it's amazing how well you learn to control your anger when you have something to lose, like a job. i used to brawl out every weekend. now, i get arrested for fighting, i lose my job. i still go occasionally, but only when i'm provoked.

nymattyk is offline Member
    i think the gear definitley brings out extra hostility. i have a short temper when im not using anything, but when im on i find that i snap a lot quicker, especially over stupid shit. the worst is when im driving though.... road rage+roid rage = pissed off nymattyk

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by nymattyk
    the worst is when im driving though.... road rage+roid rage= pissed off nymattyk

OHHHHH man i'm with you on that one!!! Shit, if anyone looks at me wrong, cuts me off, or tailgates me, trust me....they'll know how i feel about it.

But the ABSOLUTE worst is when you're stuck at a light, on a hot summer day, right after taking a shower, on the cycle....when there is a green light, and the guy won't get into the intersection to turn left! I sit there sweating my balls off,, glaring at the hot beating sun, going comando to keep the air flowin....,it's not helping... Man i go ape shit, sometimes i just flip em off and go around em...if they ain't gonna go...I WILL! But I've always been like that, WAY before the juice, and It really hasn't gotten worse, to tell you the truth, i havent done it NEARLY as much since i started. my 3 cents.
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 11-13-2001 at 10:31 AM.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    It is real. There is no doubt that the use of AAS makes you more aggressive.

However, IMO, how you deal with it is what makes the difference.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by The original jason

peace
    Jason
    can i buy a punctuation mark, Pat?

well said, jason
    What happens here, stays here

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by primodonna

can i buy a punctuation mark, Pat?
    See OG Jason, it's not just me.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    she never stops, gives up, or relaxes.....ball busting mode 24/7. gotta love the disfunctional sisters in our family. go primo!

Halo is offline New Member
    Halo=aggressive, nasty, ruins relationships--but as others would agree there is something about the feel of HALO that keeps us going back to it...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Not being a jerk...I'm serious.

Which is........?

baby mac is offline Associate Member
    I agree that it is real. I dont feel like im bigger or think I look bigger while Im on. Its the complete opposite. No matter what anybody says to me about how strong I am or how big I am, its not good enough. Ive got a temper, but I keep it under control. I find it a lot harder while Im on a cycle though and I tell my self to stay calm cause I know someone is gonna say something about roid rage .

The original jason Guest
    hmm I keep reading my own post thinking did I write that lol dont get me started on this one lol anyway did I miss something X,Primo who is pat? think im a little slow here??

peace
    Jason

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm usually impatient without roids, and roids make me more so. They make me irritable but not mean.

primodonna is offline Female Member
    OJ- are you familiar with Wheel of Fortune?
    What happens here, stays here

The original jason Guest
    Primo LOL I think in my sadder days sat back athome in the UK we used to have it on TV and I sorta remember some irish guy and spinning that wheel so yeah get it now thanks

peace
    Jason

juiceon is offline Associate Member
    When I am on gear, I sometimes don't sleep as well, so I tend to feel a bit cranky during the day. Also, if I am hungry, the hunger pains are more intense, which makes me very cranky. If I become impatient, I get angrier. Working out makes me feel better, it's good therapy. Action makes me feel better. So when some asshole is testing me, and is making ridiculous statements to antagonize me, I would much rather put my fist in his mouth and end it quickly than waste my time talking about it. 'Roids change my logical thought process. I look at people getting in my way not as obstacles to be dealt with, but enemies to be pummeled.

Swedeboy is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Jason. But I still think peolpe respond diffrently to diffrent gear. But even if it is so I don't care. I've got a bunch of friends that are taking some kind of AAS but as long they are nice to me and treat me with respect I don't care what they do when they are among other people.

Swedeboy is offline Junior Member
    This speaks for it self!

Dr. Wayne Bardin of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. says the latest research, which placed 43 men on large doses of testosterone over a ten week period, provides conclusive results.

"If you give men more testosterone, their muscles will grow, but they don't get any more aggressive than they already are," he said.

The study published in the July New England Journal of Medicine could have major implications for the treatment of those who lose muscle mass, such as people with AIDS or the elderly.

Dr. Bhasin also says the study proves those on testosterone showed no change in mood or behavior.

"Testosterone effects on angry behavior or aggression, if there are any effects on humans, are greatly constrained and so they don't become manifest, so it's unlikely that testosterone would turn humans into beasts so to speak," he said.

sniper oc is offline Junior Member
    I am a pretty melo guy but I do have roid rages.

ed j is offline Junior Member

What the fuck are you guy talking about?

What fucken roid rage , never fucken heard of that. LOL. Just kidding, ya of course your mood does change. Peace out.

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    It's not hard to piss me off, but I have been that way my entire life. In the long run, it's alot cheaper to walk away then knock someone out. It was an expensive lesson, but I learned it. When someone pisses me off now, I just walk away. I dont think its the steroids , I think its the person who thinks they are superman when they are on them.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Its an excuse for assholes to be bigger assholes when they are on. I get irritated more when I am on drol or fina but its not a rage! Like OI dont snap and beat the shit out of people like the media says ALL aas users do. Its all bullshit IMO and like I said, if your an asshole, then on aas you will more then likely be a bigger asshole. Just control it and always know that if you get in shit when you are on aas people will always beleive that roids cause rage!

WannaBeBuff is offline Junior Member
    I believe roid rage does exist if you are an asshole before you go on a cycle. If you don't know how to control your temper before AS then you won't be able to once your test levels go up. Personally I think I have a bigger temper when off cycle. Maybe that's just me. More often than not it is just an excuse for flying off the handle and not wanting to take the blame for it.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I believe the same hold true as with alcohol .... some just can't drink without a fight .....

i always ask myself "am I pissed because this guy is a dick? Or is it because Im on juice?"

Steve is offline Associate Member
    Ive noticed my attitude goes to shit when im on gear. Especially test and d.bol. I normally take it out on people closest to me. Especially my girlfriend, but im gonna have to learn to controll it. It also makes me alot more confident and i seem to get a kick out of winding people up sometimes.

Gator is offline New Member
    Its real but also an excuse
    Take Halo and youll find out !!!!

Gator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information