paulastone is offline Member

increasing doses as you go

So i'm just asking this question for education only
    i gain realy fast off of test but seem to stop fast too.
    so my question would be, would it be stupid to start with normal doses and increas it as i go? kind of like this:
    1-4 test E @ 600mg
    5-8 test E @ 800-900mg
    9-12 test E @ 1000-1100mg

just asking to see you guy's opinion, and if anyone did that?
    i usualy do 8-12 week cycles but find that after week 5 i dont gain no more weight and feel like i'm waisting all the good'ol gear
    so whats your opinion guy's?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    first off...what's your goal over all and your stats?

Usually nowadays most bros suggest to not pyramid it, or change the dose throughout the cycle. If anything, some people will front load for a boost at the beginning and not the end.

Also...what's the most test you have done weekly before?

ok well i've got acouple cycles under my belt 5-6 or somethin. i'm 265lbs 6.1 and old enought to gear.
    the most test was 900mg/week
    now frontloading would seem useless for me cuz i gain fast at the begining and it slows down after week 5
    thats why i wanted to know bout the increase in doses. its not realy pyramiding but an increase

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    it is pyramiding, I would rather do the same dose, however as long as your pyramiding up and not tapering down, you may not be wasting your time

oops i thought that pyramiding was going up and then down, my bad but thx for replying
    anyone else?

bump anyone?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    I've heard that after your receptors have been saturated long enough, that your sensitivity to the drug is downgraded, so in order to see any more results after awhile, doses must be increased. This is how the pro's do it when they go year-round on cycles...or so I've heard.
    SGFuryZ,

I wrote a post about that. The article on which my post is based indicates that the body reaches a state of homeostasis (equilibrium) after being exposed to certain levels of steroids for approximately 2 months.

So, raising doses every month is probably a bit more than necessary, Paulastone. If you want to experiment, raise them every 2 or more months.

Paulastone,

I think that going from 600mg to 1100mg in one 12-week cycle is excessive. There's no reason why you can't make good gains on 600mg of test for 12 weeks. I'd stick with 600mg (or even less) and concentrate on eating, sleeping and lifting correctly. How many cycles have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    SGFuryZ,

I wrote a post about that. The article on which my post is based indicates that the body reaches a state of homeostasis (equilibrium) after being exposed to certain levels of steroids for approximately 2 months.

So, raising doses every month is probably a bit more than necessary, Paulastone. If you want to experiment, raise them every 2 or more months.

Paulastone,

I think that going from 600mg to 1100mg in one 12-week cycle is excessive. There's no reason why you can't make good gains on 600mg of test for 12 weeks. I'd stick with 600mg (or even less) and concentrate on eating, sleeping and lifting correctly. How many cycles have you done?

I've done around 6 cycles. The thing is i'm gaining extremely good for the first 4-5 weeks of every cycle, like 15-25lbs but after those gains, i stay there, no more weight gain. i love test and thats what i usualy do for cycles, i'll add some deca or dbol but thats it. i gain realy nice on the gear but its those last weeks kind of like hiting a plateau??
    thx bask8case
    anyone else???

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    SGFuryZ,

Paulastone,

I'd agree with the jump to 1100mg being excessive. At this point, really examine your diet and see where it's at. Are you getting enough calories and protein?? Are you eating frequently enough? I would make sure you increase your calorie intake as your cycle goes along as well - say 3000 calories is maintenance for you, off cycle...after gaining 15-25 pounds (as you've said), do you think the same amount of calories is going to cut it? Nope...keep bumping up your calories as you go along...

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I think gaining 25lbs in a cycle is great. Use the remaining weeks to help solidify these gains so not as much is lost during PCT. Do you really think that upping the dose as you go will allow you to gain another 15lbs? 40lbs from one 10-12 weeks cycle is unheard of, and can't be good for you!

-moto

I've heard other people mention the gains stop after the first 5-6 weeks. Maybe this is an arguement for doing only 8-10 week cycles.

Unless what's happening is that you're putting on fast fat and water weight then working it off as you go further into your cycle while building lean muscle mass.

However, cb25 probably hit the nail on the head. Unless you're truly counting your calories meticulously and not just guessing or "guestimating" then you're probably not raising you're calories enough as you grow. 600mg is already a hell of a lot of testosterone . Before you raise doses you should always look at your diet, rest and work out VERY closely.

P-stone,

Here are two threads that may be helpful to you. The first is the one I mentioned in my first post regarding homeostais:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=63345

Heres one on diet (see my post in the middle of the thread):
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=46649

thx alot bro for the links and to everybody else that responded. I'm just trying to figure out what works best for me and trying to learn as I go

Thread Information