BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

GROWTH DURING A CYCLE: 5-8 week growth spurt and 16-25 week cycles

I've read a few threads over the past few months in which people mention that they gain 15-20lbs within the first 5-8 weeks of a cycle then do not gain anything else for last few weeks of the cycle.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this regularly?

Personally, I think the fast weight gain then sudden lack of growth is caused by:
    (1) Overeating at the begining of a cycle, and/or
    (2) Gaining a small amount of lean mass and a lot of water weight (some fat too), and/or
    (3) Not adjusting calorie and protien intake to compensate for the additional muscle mass gained during the cycle.

What are your thoughts?

Other than FAT, has anyone gained more than 25 lbs on a long cycle 16-25 weeks long (or longer)? If so, please describe your gains (not including fat--ie include what your BF% was at the end of the cycle).

ColdSore is offline Banned
    thats a good thought...i know you wanted people to comment on 16-25 week cycles, buttttt....on my last cycle--10 weeks of sust/deca /fina i gained alot of weight real quick...something like 15 pounds in the first 3 weeks...now that i look back on it i feel like it was water weight, and fat gain from over eating...i gradually increased my cals in the weeks preceding my cycle, but i think when i got on AS i started eating to much, if thats possible...

I felt like the bulk of my "quality" gains came in the last 3-4 weeks...i had already put on alot of fat, but i felt like even though i wasnt gaining that much more weight I still saw myself getting bigger...

Thats why im running my upcoming for 16 weeks...i think ill get better gains the longer im on...thats my .02

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    ...I felt like the bulk of my "quality" gains came in the last 3-4 weeks...i had already put on alot of fat, but i felt like even though i wasnt gaining that much more weight I still saw myself getting bigger...
    Thanks bro for the info. What you discussed, especially the portion quoted above, is what I was looking for.

I hope more people chime in about what I wrote in the 1st post.

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    i've noticed the same thing with me as well, but i think it had to do with diet for me, i didn't adjust my calories or protein.

Quote Originally Posted by halifaxsteve
    i've noticed the same thing with me as well, but i think it had to do with diet for me, i didn't adjust my calories or protein.
    What exactly was it that you noticed?

ColdSore is offline Banned
    noticed that when i stopped eatiing everything in sight, which cut out ALOT of carbs..i put on the muscle w/o the fat...carbs were still high, just strategically placed instead of all spread out

halifaxsteve is offline Member
    to me it seemed as though i packed on the weight like mad until wk 8...then it just plateaued. i belive it was a result of my my diet (needed adjustment), and lack of rest (workload i was carrying at the time). gained 25lbs, but 99% of it in the first 8wks

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    I think #3 hits the nail on the head the most... Myself I know I have just about done the 15 lbs just between week #2 and #4 so far... I dont see any water bloat or fat to be honest... I am using L-dex and high rep type workouts... (5 sets, 15 reps each).

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    I've read a few threads over the past few months in which people mention that they gain 15-20lbs within the first 5-8 weeks of a cycle then do not gain anything else for last few weeks of the cycle.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this regularly?

Personally, I think the fast weight gain then sudden lack of growth is caused by:
    (1) Overeating at the begining of a cycle, and/or
    (2) Gaining a small amount of lean mass and a lot of water weight (some fat too), and/or
    (3) Not adjusting calorie and protien intake to compensate for the additional muscle mass gained during the cycle.

What are your thoughts?

Other than FAT, has anyone gained more than 25 lbs on a long cycle 16-25 weeks long (or longer)? If so, please describe your gains (not including fat--ie include what your BF% was at the end of the cycle).

Thread Information