Thread: newbie with a ?

bmfgsxr is offline New Member

newbie with a ?

whats up all. never did any juice before, but im thinking about it. ive been into lifting for over 10 years. but, over the past 5 years i get only about a half year of good training then the rest of the year i spend trying to heal up injuries (mostly shoulders since i have tendonitis in both of them) my elbows are a little beat up too. i havent lifted in a couple months, but within the next few weeks i should get back to it. i have heard from a friend of mine that some deca would do good for me since i have joint problems. but im wondering what to stack it with if i need to stack it at all. im not looking to make huge muscle gains, just average really. im currently about 6' and i weight 194. at my best i was about 206, but with far less bodyfat than i have now, but thats how it goes with injuries. from what ive read and heard the deca would be good since it helps you retain water which is good for my joints. but i have also read that it has a higher rate of aromatizing, and i dont want to deal with that shit. or is this only after prolonged abuse? ill probably only run one cycle, just to help get myself back to where i was before the injuries. im pretty clueless at this game. i wouldnt know how long of a cycle to run, how much to take, would i need novaldex or would that hinder the very reason for using deca?? any help, and clarification would be appreciated.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Everyone's gonna tel you to do more research before you start taking anything, and I agree, but let's see if we can get you pointed in the right direction...

With your past history of injuries and having not worked out on a regular basis recently, I would have to say hold off for at least six months or so and in that time hit the gym again. This will also give you adequate time to learn about what you are considering doing to yourself. Start on the homepage of this site and read the steroid profiles. When you come across a drug that may interest you, come here and run a search on it. There is nearly unlimited info/opinions on nearly everything out there.

Welcome to AR, bro.

-moto

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    One word of advice. NO such thing as ONE cycle. We all say it, or have said it. Impossible. Be safe

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
    whats up all. never did any juice before, but im thinking about it. ive been into lifting for over 10 years. but, over the past 5 years i get only about a half year of good training then the rest of the year i spend trying to heal up injuries (mostly shoulders since i have tendonitis in both of them) my elbows are a little beat up too. i havent lifted in a couple months, but within the next few weeks i should get back to it. i have heard from a friend of mine that some deca would do good for me since i have joint problems. but im wondering what to stack it with if i need to stack it at all. im not looking to make huge muscle gains, just average really. im currently about 6' and i weight 194. at my best i was about 206, but with far less bodyfat than i have now, but thats how it goes with injuries. from what ive read and heard the deca would be good since it helps you retain water which is good for my joints. but i have also read that it has a higher rate of aromatizing, and i dont want to deal with that shit. or is this only after prolonged abuse? ill probably only run one cycle, just to help get myself back to where i was before the injuries. im pretty clueless at this game. i wouldnt know how long of a cycle to run, how much to take, would i need novaldex or would that hinder the very reason for using deca?? any help, and clarification would be appreciated.
    ok, most people are going to tell you to do some research here as all your questions have already been answered numerous times, but i'm bored and i don't wanna do my homework...so here goes.

the basics...

every cycle should be based on testosterone . a lot of people even think a first cycle should consist solely of test. first cycle dosages are 400-500mg per week. cycle length 8-12 weeks.

if you wanna stack, try deca +test for 8-12 weeks. dosages: test 400-500mg per week. deca 300-400mg per week.

deca doesn't aromatize into estrogen so nolvadex won't help with that. deca causes gyno by some other means that i'm not too familiar with, but a lot of people combat it with something called bromo, if i'm not mistaken. test does aromatize to estrogen, so yes, nolvadex will help with that. some people take the anti-e throughout the cycle (1. just to be safe, 2. to help with bloating, or both), some people take the anti-e at first signs of gyno.

last but not least, no one does just one cycle...

i'm no expert, this info is just what i've picked up from reading many many posts here. i've never done deca or a long ester test (which you would prolly use with deca). for my first (and current) cycle, i'm doing tren and test prop.

-- clocky

thanks for the replies.

to start, my plan was to get back into lifting for a couple months before even starting anything for sure. i want to be in decent shape to optimize my gains. and asking here is just hunting for info. ive been doing some reading, and i found the page where it gives all the reviews. i like the sound of deca , and winny to tell you the truth.

as far as running one cycle.. lol, i knew i would hear that. but, im trying to think optimistically. im not looking to be a monster anymore. just strong and fit. at 30 years old im over that (somewhat)

thanks again.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    No problem. Before long, you will be a master about this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    No problem. Before long, you will be a master about this stuff...

well, i just did a shit load more reading and winny is supposed to help against the conversion of deca to progesterone by attaching itself to the receptors. this will help to keep getting bitch tits. but, deca not being a testosterone ( i think thats what it said) lowers your sex drive, and i cant let that happen. so is winny testosterone based, and will that counteract the effects of a lessened sex drive, or do i need to run deca, winny, test, and nolvadex (to keep the test from aromatizing). but shit, that seems crazy for a first run. and what do i need to keep from losing the gains afterwards? if i lose everything then it isnt even worth taking to start with. the reason im leaning towards the deca is because of my tendonitis. everytime i start making good gains, and i jump up to some really good weight it flares up and then im done for 6 months... and deca is supposed to be key in helping the joints.

i have been doing some searching on these topics so dont think im lazy in my research here. i know how it all works since im an adminstrator on the largest motorcycle website out there. but by getting direct responses to me it helps me understand a lot more about this complicated topic. so again, i appreciate your guys help.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    I'm too much in a rush to read all the replies.

You gave us a good first post. Compliments on that.

Has anyone advised you to take Chondroitin/Glucosamine for joints? They need a build up period of about a month. Try that for a while. Eat foods good for joints, and try topical joint pain relievers.

Once you get your joints feeling better, then go with some cycles or points of direction members have already advised

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    I'm too much in a rush to read all the replies.

You gave us a good first post. Compliments on that.

Has anyone advised you to take Chondroitin/Glucosamine for joints? They need a build up period of about a month. Try that for a while. Eat foods good for joints, and try topical joint pain relievers.

Once you get your joints feeling better, then go with some cycles or points of direction members have already advised

Good luck.

thanks,

i actually do take glucosamine, and have been taking it for years. also, when i am lifting i tend to take creatine since it helps me retain water which has to be good for my joints (keeping them lubricated to a point). if only i would have known about stretching when i started working out when i was 17...

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    phew, stretching....and warming up...

Best of luck.

Thread Information