Thread: Blood test

God-Speed is offline New Member

Blood test

I went to the dermatoligist and got a scrpit for accutane, and got my blood drawn for tests, my question is, will steroids show up in this test or will they not even look for it, the reason i ask is im afraid my dermatoligst will not persribe it if he finds that im on

soul shaker Guest
    they have to look for it specifically, but epitestosterone levels and testosterone levels will be off. i am not sure if accutane affects this in anyway that they would look at this ratio, but if they have to look, they will see it is elevated.
    ss

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by soul shaker
    they have to look for it specifically, but epitestosterone levels and testosterone levels will be off. i am not sure if accutane affects this in anyway that they would look at this ratio, but if they have to look, they will see it is elevated.
    ss
    Absolutely right. Don't know what you are on, but the only danger would be elevated T/E ratio. Odds are he won't even check for the ratio though. And there is no way he is going to get the sample tested for specific steroids . I think you are safe.

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    I was always told not to run both Accutane and AAS together because of some toxicity considerations...is that the case or was that person misinformed?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Accutane and Lab Tests

Testing for AS is not part of the Accutane regimen. Accutane does require lab testing, since there are many side effects to the drug. According to the prrescribing information, the following tests are required:

Laboratory Tests:

Pregnancy Test: Female patients of childbearing potential must have negative results from two urine or serum pregnancy tests with a sensitivity of at least 50 mIU/mL before a prescription is given. The first test is to be performed at the office visit when the patient is qualified for Accutane therapy by her prescriber. The second test is to be performed on the second day of her next menstrual cycle or 11 days after her last unprotected act of sexual intercourse, whichever is later. Additional pregnancy tests are to be conducted monthly during treatment.

Lipids: Pretreatment and follow-up blood lipids should be obtained under fasting conditions. After consumption of alcohol, at least 36 hours should elapse before these determinations are made. It is recommended that these tests be performed at weekly or biweekly intervals until the lipid response to Accutane is established. The incidence of hypertriglyceridemia is 1 patient in 4 on Accutane therapy.

Liver Function Tests: Since elevations of liver enzymes have been observed during clinical trials, and hepatitis has been reported, pretreatment and follow-up liver function tests should be performed at weekly or biweekly intervals until the response to Accutane has been established.

Glucose: Some patients receiving Accutane have experienced problems in the control of their blood sugar. In addition, new cases of diabetes have been diagnosed during Accutane therapy, although no causal relationship has been established.

CPK: Some patients undergoing vigorous physical activity while on Accutane therapy have experienced elevated CPK levels; however, the clinical significance is unknown.

The full prescribing information is well worth reading in light of the fact that Accutane is one of the riskier drugs used to treat acne. You can find it here.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    TO end reply dont worry be happy......

God-Speed is offline New Member
    heheh thanks guys for your knoledge

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i had accutane while on gear. The doc checks your liver function and levels. Because accutane is hard on the liver. Its probably not a good idea to use it with orals. But like i said i did use it with 35mg of dbol and the blood work came out ok. But i would take something to help your liver like milk thistle or liverite.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thread Information