HBBMscl is offline New Member

Coughing, sweating & lighthead after inject?

I know this topic has been covered here before. But I recently read that the symptoms above (coughing, sweating, heart pounding, light-headedness) immediately following an injection means you've hit a vein (I assume meaning injected some into a vein).

Then I read that if you injected into a vein, much more major symptoms, worse than the above, would occur.

Well, the coughing, etc. has happened to me a couple of times. It happened again today, but no blood appeared when aspirating. So I thought I was safe, so I injected. Then the shortness of breath and coughing started, and lasted for a good 5-7 minutes.

The pain of injecting doesn't bother me. The PSYCHOLOGICAL aspects of injecting (hitting a vein or nerve, muscle clenching upon insertion, etc.) are beginning to make it more difficult for me to inject myself these days, and I've been injecting myself on and off for many years. The other day it took me 5 trys to get one injection done, with lots of blood and raised bumps and bruises, only due to these psychological barriers that have sprung up around injecting.

I'm injecting into quads right now, because of scar tissue in the glutes make it impossible to push the plunger. And I'm more afraid of hitting a vein in the quads than I am in the glutes. (But the coughing, etc., has happened with glute injections before.)

Any help here?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard that the delts are very easy to inject into. I'm surprised you haven't done them yet.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    What are you shooting? Fina causes a pretty bad cough in some people (including myself) after an inject.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    What are you shooting? Fina causes a pretty bad cough in some people (including myself) after an inject.

-moto
    Just Test Cypionate and Deca . The cough happened today after the Test inject. The Deca was fine, no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I've heard that the delts are very easy to inject into. I'm surprised you haven't done them yet.
    I have injected winstrol into my delts in the past, using 25 gauge, 1/2" needle. I'm afraid to use a 1" needle in my delts. (Although my delts are pretty thick, there probably won't be a problem.)

I just can't reach around far enough, especially to aspirate . I don't think I aspirated when I did the winstrol...just hoped for the best.

zedsdead is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    delts are definetly the best.... i just like using the smaller pins i think

Daniel S. is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HBBMscl
    I have injected winstrol into my delts in the past, using 25 gauge, 1/2" needle. I'm afraid to use a 1" needle in my delts. (Although my delts are pretty thick, there probably won't be a problem.)

I just can't reach around far enough, especially to aspirate. I don't think I aspirated when I did the winstrol...just hoped for the best.
    Bro,
    using a 1 inch needle for delts will definitely be no problem....Today I ran out of one inch needles and used one and a half inch needle for a delt injection...I only meant to push it in about one inch, but when i was aspirating, the needle went all the way in.....There is a little discomfort now but not to bad....

Great, guys!

Thanks for your input. I'll try the delt injections.

However, no one seemed to address my original question: What is the coughing, sweating, shortness of breath, etc., attributed to? Injecting into a vein?

Thx!

somedude247 is offline Member
    What are u taking......Fina causes some of that......

Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    What are u taking......Fina causes some of that......
    See above...

Today the cough, etc., happened after 1 1/2 cc of Test Cypionate in left quad. Nothing happened upon aspiration.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HBBMscl

I just can't reach around far enough, especially to aspirate. I don't think I aspirated when I did the winstrol...just hoped for the best.
    thats weird, delts are my favorite and i find it easy to reach around to aspirate . btw, i'm a small doode and i use 1" pins on my delts. now glutes i find very difficult to reach around. how do you guys do it? i gotta shoot very high and way off to the side on my ass...

-- clocky

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    glutes arent that hard to inject or aspirate . Just reach around. You should be injecting the outer top quadrant of them (if you divided your ass into 4 equal parts). I havent had any trouble asiprating anywhere but my traps. even those werent that bad.

I dont know why your coughing. I think most of this is all in your head. if youve been doing this for years with no problems why start having them now? could it be because you are over thinking this? im not sure just a thought

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'm a delt man,1" pins.........no problems at all,and I'm doing cyp also.I tend to agree with sym,could be a head thing,but I don't know.You change sources recently?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    You've got to be hitting a vein somehow. An IM shot simply will not get into your system that quickly. You should be injecting into the vastus lateralis 4" below the groin, 4" above the knee. Pecs and tris are also good places to inject. Personally I hate deltoid injections because they make me sore.

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy,

This is my first post, woooohoooo!

Hey dude, your just a wuss!

Just jab harder and deeper.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by stengun
    Howdy,

This is my first post, woooohoooo!

Hey dude, your just a wuss!

Just jab harder and deeper.

Paul

I KNEW I was going to the "wuss" reply sooner or later. Yes, it's probably a head thing to some degree. But look at all the conflicting pieces of advice:

"I think most of this is all in your head. if youve been doing this for years with no problems why start having them now?"

"Fina causes a pretty bad cough in some people (including myself) after an inject."

"Just jab harder and deeper."

"You've got to be hitting a vein somehow."

Just confused here, still not knowing if I'm hitting a vein.

And how would this be any easier than quads - "Pecs and tris are also good places to inject." - I would think quads would be the easiest palce, since you have both hands to work with. And if you're afraid of hitting a vein, I would think the pecs would be the hardest place to inject.

Anyway, blah blah blah. Thanks for your input.

That happened to me once with tren on a glute shot... there was no blood in the aspiration, but I must have hit some capilaries, or went thru/nicked a vein.

Heavy sweating, feeling like shit, sick to my stomach and about to pass out. I just lied down breathing deep and within 10 minutes I was ok.

I guess it's all part of the game.

Red

stengun is offline Associate Member
    Howdy Red,

I'm just messin with u dude. Does sound like you might have hit a vein. Makes you feel like you just shot up a bump of bad meth.

Just be careful. It took me 3 weeks to get the nerve to give myself the first shot. Once I decided to do it, it took me another half hour to do it. Now I could do it while driving down the road. Which I would never do because of safety reason, but I could if I had to.

Paul

Thread Information