gear and protien

following the standard 1.5/2 grams per lb of bodyweight. can you drink like a 90 gram shake or will your body just not be able to absorb it all. I know their will be some gastrointestinal problems, but just wondering

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    well...90 grams is too much i think, BUT everyone is different. There is no way to tell what you or anyone could do or how much of that is going to waste. I usually take about 46 grams in a shake. I feel some of that gets wasted, but like i said everyone is different.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I hear different things, your body cant absorb more than 32grams, then I hear 50 grams at a time...I dont know, point blank I take in as much as I can each time...that way if your body decides it does want to use it, it's there

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D3m3nt3d
    I hear different things, your body cant absorb more than 32grams, then I hear 50 grams at a time...I dont know, point blank I take in as much as I can each time...that way if your body decides it does want to use it, it's there
    I was reading a study where they compared guys that skip breakfast, and only eat 2 really huge meals a day, and compared to those that eat 7 small meals a day. End result both groups ate same amounts of protein, same amount of calaries, fat, etc in a day.

The results showed there was no clear advantage to the 7 small meals a day! The guys skipping breakfast and eating just 2 big meals a day grew muscles at the exact same pace as those with the 7 small meals!

I think this is because while we all feel a big sugar jolt shortly after eating, the food is in your intestines for periods of between 20 and 35 hours and nutrients from this can be absorbed steadily throughout the time the food is in there... NOT just in the first 2 hours after eating as many body builders seem to think. I'd say get the food in as you can, when its convenient, dont worry about too much now, not enough 3 hours from now...your body and that long travel thru the intestines will even it all out before you shit it out.
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 10-23-2003 at 05:38 PM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    well I have always thought about this, and actually practiced it too. Instead of eating 6 or 7 meals a day, I try to fit all my calories/protein/carbs etc in 3 or 4 meals because the more meals you eat the faster your metabolism speeds up. I am not trying to diet I am bulking! Makes sense to me

Thread Information