Thread: besides deca

bmfgsxr is offline New Member

besides deca

is there anything else out there that aids in helping joint pain. from what i have read deca is the best at helping people with joint problems. but to avoid getting deca dick you need to throw in some test with it, and id rather not take that route for a first run. thanks.

Methuselah is offline Member
    Celebrex and/or glucosamine

somedude247 is offline Member
    why no test dude......test is like the "base" of any cycle......many bro's in here will tell you the same thing......

A cycle doesn't cure joint pain. It adds to it. I think a pain reliever would work better.

I agree with you on test based cycles. I love them.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    methuselah's right if you have an injury deca is not going to cure it. Go see a doctor and get proper treatment for it.

xxxl83

cb25 is offline Banned
    I know the feeling of "i'd rather not run test for my first run" but i'd suggest reconsidering.

Read up on the educational forums and some of the previous posts on this board - there are many posts that explain the idea of why test is the base of ANY cycle, and why a test only cycle would be a good choice for a first cycle...

as far as the deca and joint problems - how serious are we talking? is it just some occasional pain from a previous injury, or is this something you've never had treated? if you've never had it treated, and it prevents you from doing things now...see a doctor.

Personally, i blew out my knee a little over 3 years ago. occasionally i have some lingering soreness, but nothing serious - plus i had a doctor check up on it, and it appears to be fine. in my experience, deca does help with the pain, temporarily...it'll still be there post cycle, and there's nothing you can do about that...no way you should stay on a deca cycle for the rest of your life...

im aware of glucosamine, and im currently on it. im refering to an as that will help retain water in the joints the way deca does.

this is from the anabolic review:

DECA-DURABOLIN - Back to Steroid Profiles >>

Deca-Durabolin is a brand name of Organon Company, the manu-facturer of the drug containing the substance nandrolone decanoate. Although nandrolone decanoate is still contained in many generic compounds, almost every athlete connects this substance with Deca--Durabolin. Most common are the administrations of 5 0 mg/ml and 100 mg/ml. Deca-Durabolin is the most widespread and most commonly used injectable steroid. Deca's large popularity can be attributed to its numerous possible applications and, for its mostly positive results. Deca-Durabolin causes the muscle cell to store more nitrogen than it re-leases so that a positive nitrogen balance is achieved. A positive ni-trogen balance is synonymous with muscle growth since the muscle cell, in this phase, assimilates (accumulates) a larger amount of pro-tein than usual. The same manufacturer, however, points out on the package insert that a positive nitrogen balance and the protein--building effect that accompany it will occur only if enough calories and proteins are supplied. One should know this since, otherwise, satisfying results with Deca cannot be obtained. The highly ana-bolic effect of Deca-Durabolin is linked to a moderately androgenic component, so that a good gain in muscle mass and strength is obtained. At the same time, most athletes notice considerable water retention which, no doubt, is not as distinct as that with injectable testosterones but which in high doses can also cause a smooth and watery appearance. Since Deca also stores more water in the connective tissues, it can temporarily case or even cure existing pain in joints. This is especially good for those athletes who complain about pain in the shoulder, elbow, and knee; they can often enjoy pain-free workouts during treatment with Deca-Durabolin. Athletes use Deca, depending on their needs, for muscle buildup and in preparation for a competition.

.................................................. ...............................................

so that covers how it helps joint injuries. im 30 now, and ive had tendonitis in my shoulders off and on since i was 19. i can only get about a good 6 months of lifting a year (the past couple years)and then when i try to jump up to some serious weight the tendonitis will act up. so, the reason for my question is obviously to help store water in the connective tissue so maybe i can lift for more than a half year. ive been to the dr. before and right now im on vioxx (anti inflamitory). its nothing that needs surgery, but i have a lot of scar tissue in my shoulders, and even elbows.

the reason i was looking to stear clear of test is because of the sides. i have read quite a few threads in the information forum on this board regarding why test alone would be a good first cycle. but, i dont want my strength to increase too fast without some sort of protection for my connective tissue. if my muscles alone get strong so fast that my tendons cant keep up then i might not be helping myself.

bump

Honestly I would run test with deca , as they all said that deca does not cure the problem it just ass the extra water to relieve the joint pain. I mean if you are prone to hair loss and that is the reason not to take test that is understandable. I was like you and only wanted to take deca my first cycle but after researching on AR and getting a lot of help from guys I took test for my first cycle.

You need to strengthen your rotator cuff. Not go on deca . The shoulder is probably the most complicated joint in the body because it works on so many planes. You need to do specailized movements specificly for the rotator cuff. Presses and raises will not help you at all.

My sugestion is to go to your MD. and have him enroll you in physical therapy.

xxxl83

Here's a very good article on shoulder rehabilitation. Read it, it may let you see things differently.

http://elitefts.com/documents/shoulder-rehab.htm

Good luck,

xxxl83

thanks for the link xxx.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Dont lift heavier if you are afraid of your strength. I know that sounds like a smart ass answer, but Im serious.

I woudlnt do deca without test. The sides from that alone are much worse than test itself.

What a long thread for a simple question.

Grant is offline Member
    anadrol is good for the joints, but i don't think it is your answer

Thread Information