JEO3 is offline Associate Member

If not gyno...is nolva needed?

I have heard to take 40 mg each day until 5 days after gyno goes away(if symptoms show up.) and if prone to gyno, take 20mgs every day through cycle...or post cycle 20mg per day for two weeks… My question is if no symptoms show up what is the doseag if any...do you still need it to keep gains or anything?

somedude247 is offline Member
    Nolvadex will help keep the water retention down a lot....so I would take it .....

Quote Originally Posted by somedude247
    Nolvadex will help keep the water retention down a lot....so I would take it .....
    so if no gyno, use post cycle??

skii96 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEO3
    so if no gyno, use post cycle??
    Thats what i would do.

somedude247 is offline Member
    post cycle....i would stick to clomid or liquidex.....or armidex......from what i understand of nolvadex , it is used during a cycle to keep down water retention and prevent "gyno"....but remember this.....using nolvadex throughout the cycle hinders "muscular gains" from what I have been told, i'm not sure how true that is or not....wait to see what the other bro's have to say....pm The Mudman- he has some decent information - very knowledgeable

bmfgsxr is offline New Member

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    using nolva guring cycle does not hinder muscular gains, so don't worry, and if you took during cycle, take 20mg a day to keep bloat down. If not, take 20mg/day along with PCT to the end of it.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Nolva should be used reguardless of how sensitive you are to gyno. It does much more than prevent gyno.

IT doesnt hinder gains.

Monka is offline New Member
    Everyone is diffrent.... Persoanly I DONT use nolva on a daily basis, ONLY if I
    get any signs, I'll take 60mg then down and down to 20mg a day until signs are gone, and drop it.....
    NEVER any problems....... but EVERYONE is diffrent and reacts diffrent....
    IMO , if your prone, take it or fererma or armi's..... I also never had problem with to much water retetion..
    Monka

Joe Rilla is offline Junior Member

Read this

Quote Originally Posted by JEO3
    I have heard to take 40 mg each day until 5 days after gyno goes away(if symptoms show up.) and if prone to gyno, take 20mgs every day through cycle...or post cycle 20mg per day for two weeks… My question is if no symptoms show up what is the doseag if any...do you still need it to keep gains or anything?
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par25.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
    That article explains clomid and nolva as being used one or the other?...I was planning on using both...Should I just use one or the other...If i can get away with using one instead of both that's cool if i can save a little money...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Run Nolva through your cycle at 10 mg ED............. Like Billy said it does a lot more than help with gyno... Nolva will help with all estrogen related sides like edema, high blood pressuer, cholestrol,..........

Durring PCT run Clomid / Nolva to recover HPTA.... Using Nolva durring PCT will help the rebound effect of estrogen making recovery easier.

PCT should be ran like this
    Day 1 300 Clomid / Nolva 20mg
    Day 2 - 11 100 Clomid / Nolva 20mg
    Day 12 - 21 50 Clomid / Nolva 20mg

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Run Nolva through your cycle at 10 mg ED............. Like Billy said it does a lot more than help with gyno... Nolva will help with all estrogen related sides like edema, high blood pressuer, cholestrol,..........

Durring PCT run Clomid / Nolva to recover HPTA.... Using Nolva durring PCT will help the rebound effect of estrogen making recovery easier.

PCT should be ran like this
    Day 1 300 Clomid / Nolva 20mg
    Day 2 - 11 100 Clomid / Nolva 20mg
    Day 12 - 21 50 Clomid / Nolva 20mg
    Thanks man, that's what i had planned, but that article linked above kinda leans toward nolvadex instead of clomid not in addition to...but I've heard more people say to do both...Don't you loose gains taking nolva durring cycle though?? I've always read to use PCT...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No nolva will not hinder your gains at all........... the only thing you don't gain is the water from the bloat.... so in reality the water isn't muscle gain so there's no lose.

I wouldn't just use nolva for PCT....... There have been some that did that and reported that it took much lnger to recovr.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    No nolva will not hinder your gains at all........... the only thing you don't gain is the water from the bloat.... so in reality the water isn't muscle gain so there's no lose.

I wouldn't just use nolva for PCT....... There have been some that did that and reported that it took much lnger to recovr.
    Ok...makes sense, thanks for the advice man....

Thread Information