gotskei is offline Junior Member

hit a plateau need help

I am going on my third week of 600mg of test and 500mg of eq after gaining about 10lbs I have hit a plateau and can not increase my weight? what should i do? I train real hard and eat real well

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    You most likely need to increase your caloric intake.

That is one of the most common mistakes guys make they don't re-evaluate their diets and training as they put on weight.

If you weigh 200 and want to get to 210 you need to eat like a 210lb'er.

If you continue to eat the same way you did to get where you are now the best you'll do is maintain your body weight.

xxxl83

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I agree, up your calories 500 a day

JohnnyB

thanks for the advice
    whats got high cal's thats semi healthy?
    everything that i can think of with high cal's is unhealthy

Swellin Guest
    Add another snack to your diet. Just throw in another cup of tuna and another protein bar, or add a peanut butter sandwich and a protein bar.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    You could add some flax seed oil to a protein shake.

JohnnyB

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    adding calories sounds like a good idea....im actually losing weight on a sust and EQ cycle....go figure

stinky is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gotskei
    I am going on my third week of 600mg of test and 500mg of eq after gaining about 10lbs I have hit a plateau and can not increase my weight? what should i do? I train real hard and eat real well
    Warrior (who is one of the most intellegent people on this board posted this yesterday)

No - you plateau over and over. And that is when you switch up - not add AAS - you see THAT IS exactly the problem. You THINK you know what it takes - but you don't. Simply adding AAS will not only fuck with a fragile endocrine system at an adolecent age - but it will cause you to never really learn how to train correctly and the only way you will keep gains is to stay on large stacks. Not good, nor healthy...

When you plateau you need to look at the entire picture and ask yourself a few questions:

- Am I simply overtrained?
    - Have I outgrown my current split?
    - Have I actually plateaued in strength or hypertrophy (still gaining weight)?
    - Have I been properly prioritizing for hypertrophy, strength or deffinition?
    - Have I figured out my supercompensation curve - did it change?
    - Have I acatually plateaued - or am I doing the same work in a shorter period of time (Power Indexing)?
    - Does my diet suck right now - does it match up correctly with my training goals?
    - Have I been eating correctly?
    - Have I been sleeping enough?
    - Are there too many external stressors in my life right now?

AAS IS NOT A WAY TO BRAKE THROUGH A PLATEAU! Especially not for a teen under 225lbs. AAS are supplements used by athlete's with mature endocrine systems to increase protein synthesis and recovery time, decrease cortisol and likeliness to overtrain, as well as fuel workouts.

TheJuicer is offline Member
    That Warrior is one smart CAT!! AMEN!!

TheJuicer is offline Member
    Also...come on brother...you should know that Test takes a bit to fully kick in!!! Yes you prob. got some strength gains but the weight is coming just give it a chance!! The 10lbs you got was prob. alot of water weight!!...Just make sure your cal. are high and PROTEIN!!! Never allow your body to say "I'm hungry!"

tru thanks guys for the excellent advice im going to switch up my routine, train with heavier weights, diet and hope for the best

Thread Information