Thread: Acid Stomach

Arniefan is offline Associate Member

Acid Stomach

I finished my last cycle 5 month ago.

Over 2 months ago ive been getting a sicky feeling in the morning when i first wake up, when ever I exercise, when I get Nervous. The only way I can get throw a workout is by having mints. At first i thought it was food poisoning but had it for over 2 months.

Ive been to the doctors about it and he said ive got a high acid stomach.

has anybody else had the same kind of thing?
    If you have what did you do to get rid of it?
    Could it be something to do with the steroids ?

Any help i'll be greatfull. I need to get my training back on track

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Ask your doc about Prevacid

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arniefan
    I finished my last cycle 5 month ago.

Over 2 months ago ive been getting a sicky feeling in the morning when i first wake up, when ever I exercise, when I get Nervous. The only way I can get throw a workout is by having mints. At first i thought it was food poisoning but had it for over 2 months.

Ive been to the doctors about it and he said ive got a high acid stomach.

has anybody else had the same kind of thing?
    If you have what did you do to get rid of it?
    Could it be something to do with the steroids ?

Any help i'll be greatfull. I need to get my training back on track

Why didnt your doctor tell you how to get rid of it? Be honest with him. Tell him about everything that you are on and see what he says.

ive been on all sorts of tablets but there havnt got rid of the sickness im going back to see the doctor on thursday.
    I said that ive been using steroids and he just said that might be something to do with it.
    ive had anti acid tablets called zonton (Lansoprazole) but didnt do any good. is that what that Prevacid is? have you used that yourself?
    Last edited by Arniefan; 10-26-2003 at 05:46 PM.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Over the counter Prilosec. Its the same thing as Prevacid, but its over the counter. try one ed

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have used zantac, prilosec, prevacid, tums and everything under the sun. The above meds except for tums need to work into your system it could take up to an hour or more and ave to be taken daily. If you already have that feeling put a tablespoon of baking soda into a cup of water mix it up and drink. It's gross but will take care of the problem instantly.

Grant is offline Member
    what AS are you taking, i get an increase of acid when i take d-bol

lozinit is offline New Member
    I had a similar problem a couple years ago. Went to the doc and he said the same thing.. high levels of acid in the stomach. He ended up giving me the little purple pill... (Supposed to shut down some of the acid pumps in the stomach according to the lit.)
    It didn't work, and only seemed to make it worse. I ended up with another doc, and he said that the exact opposite was happening - too little acid in the stomach.

Try the baking soda idea mentioned by groverman, my wife does that every now and then for her heartburn and she swears by it.
    If that doesn't work, it may not be excessive acid.

thanks i'll try the bakeing soda

D-Roc is offline New Member

Acid Stomach?

Wow, what a coincidence not two minutes ago I was on the phone with my buddy expressing my concern over this. I have had the same problem since August. While I was working out this summer and now I should say I have had the same type of feeling everytime I'm in the gym. I can barely get a workout done. I feel sick to my stomach and I constantly dry heave while im at the gym. I think its all in my head but I think maybe I should see a doctor. Should I try the baking soda idea too?

Thread Information