toothpick is offline Junior Member

Letrozole and Lipids...

can someone please explain to me in further detail how Letrozole effects the lipids....

also is there anyway to reduce the effect of letrozole on lipids??

thanks

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Estrogen(specifically bone and liver) helps regualte cholesterol. Femara(letrozole ) prevents conversion of estrogen. Now blood estrogen is the cause of gyno, that we do not want, but since letro prevents covenrsion all together, it "robs" your body of the bone and liver estrogen which help in creating a healthy hear environment.

L-dex is a milder AI which works close to the same way letro does, only it isn't as harsh(if at all) on the lipids.

You can take Nolva at 10-20mg alonside the letro to help in increasing HDL. Nolva is a SERM, which binds to the ER and mimicks bone and liver estrogen.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Estrogen(specifically bone and liver) helps regualte cholesterol. Femara(letrozole ) prevents conversion of estrogen. Now blood estrogen is the cause of gyno, that we do not want, but since letro prevents covenrsion all together, it "robs" your body of the bone and liver estrogen which help in creating a healthy hear environment.

L-dex is a milder AI which works close to the same way letro does, only it isn't as harsh(if at all) on the lipids.

You can take Nolva at 10-20mg alonside the letro to help in increasing HDL. Nolva is a SERM, which binds to the ER and mimicks bone and liver estrogen.
    Pheedno, what about running an anti-aromateese like proviron and l-dex; does that have a negative effect on lipids?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I've never seen anything showing proviron to have a negative effect on lipids, allthough I've never used or plan to use it so I suppose I never really searched for info to the extent I have on other AI's

In theory, any drug that prevents estrogen conversion, has the possiblity to cause a negative effect on cholesterol, but I suppose it depends on strength.

I'm about to start researching on aromasin for this subject so I'll see if I can dig up something on Proviron

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    I've never seen anything showing proviron to have a negative effect on lipids, allthough I've never used or plan to use it so I suppose I never really searched for info to the extent I have on other AI's

In theory, any drug that prevents estrogen conversion, has the possiblity to cause a negative effect on cholesterol, but I suppose it depends on strength.

I'm about to start researching on aromasin for this subject so I'll see if I can dig up something on Proviron
    your the man pheedno

I also read (i believe on thos board) that letro raises IGF-1

if so... does L-dex do so also??

Quote Originally Posted by toothpick
    I also read (i believe on thos board) that letro raises IGF-1

if so... does L-dex do so also??

BUMP...

Thread Information