jersey juice is offline Member

Strongman Marathon on ESPN

Did you guys watch that? All I gotta say is those are some HUGE mofo's! That's what power is all about, I don't care about seeing a 6 pack, if you can flip a car over or pick it up & run with it, you da man!! Those guys must be pumping in some serious food & juice. The youngest guys there were like 28 or 29, so that just goes to show you about muscle maturity, there was one guy who was 45. That impresses the hell outta me, maybe one day

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Damn....we have TSN in Canada so we didn't get it!! I LOVE watching those comps....those guys are straight up bad ass!! Speaking of muscle maturity, 3 years ago Whit Baskin (U.S.A.) competed at 21yrs old and was "SUPER" thick through the chest , traps, delts and upper arms and back. He looked like he was 28-30yrs as far as muscle maturity goes.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    watched the entire thing! whit is a big dude for sure! i remember seeing bill kazmier at 320lbs, and only 9-10% BF. he is the king!!!!

this is a pic of his back from that time period.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strongman Marathon on ESPN-kaz.jpg  

jersey juice is offline Member
    Kaz was the man!! Sven Karlsen though is one tough mother boy!!! Kaz would've won a 4th time if he didn't injure his ankle, still finished impressively! Goes to show you though, the Europeans train outdoors and more for that style comp then the Americans, I like the strength coach from UNLV what's his name Difilippi (SP) props to all those guys. Sorry to say, but if you don't have some massive weight & thickness to you you ain't gonna pull tracktertrailers or a fukkin plane!! Their body weight does come into play with those events.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Speaking of muscle maturity, 3 years ago Whit Baskin (U.S.A.) competed at 21yrs old and was "SUPER" thick through the chest , traps, delts and upper arms and back. He looked like he was 28-30yrs as far as muscle maturity goes.

check Whit out http://www.whitbaskin.com/

big_guy is offline Associate Member
    hey jersey juice.. im with u.. i love ryan phillipi (coach from UNLV) .. he's one of the smallest guys there (size), but is definitly one of the strongest.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by big_guy
    hey jersey juice.. im with u.. i love ryan phillipi (coach from UNLV) .. he's one of the smallest guys there (size), but is definitly one of the strongest.
    No flame bro...but Ryan Phillipi starred in "54" and "I Know What You Did Lat Summer"

Mark Phillipi is the strength coach at UNLV and has twice won the U.S.A. Strongman Comp. I may be mistaken but he has yet to make a WSM final...in all fairness to Mark he has twice been seriously injured while competing and his background is powerlifting and wieghtlifting. Many of the WSM competitors train "specifically" for the events involved. Canada's Strongest Man (Hugo Girrard) finished 4th in 1999 and was injured in 2000. Here is a link for any who are interested.

http://www.strongestman.com/magnus.shtml

BK....Kaz was the man and STILL looks absolutely incredible. My favorite competitor in recent years is Jouko Ahola.

Thread Information