Nixter is offline Associate Member

Why am I so strong?

Ok, almost done week 2 or my PCT after my Eq/Winny cycle. For some reason I am REDICULOUSLY strong right now! My last two workouts I've added a good 50% to many of my lifts... no shit! My edurance is through the roof as well! I totally don't understand what is going on but I like it. My diet is no different, I can't figure it out. The only thing I've been doing different is taking B5. Christ! I didn't have my spotter today so I had to use a few machines... I maxed out the lat pulldown stack at 290, i was doing 15-20reps x 4 of preacher barbells with 95lbs, maxed out the lat machine at 300,(not so hard), and then did dips at the end for crazy reps! It's like I wasn't feeling ANY lactic burn!

Does this happen to anybody else on PCT? My PCT consists of Clomid and Nolva.

Just got back from gym and feel like going again!

Nixter

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter
    My last two workouts I've added a good 50% to many of my lifts... no shit!
    Nixter
    I didn't know I was there.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    somebody snuck in to your gym and replaced machine weights with air

Any similar experiences anybody?

Nixter.

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Any similar experiences anybody?

Nixter.
    When i went off my first cycle I continued to gain for 3-4 weeks. nothing insane though. BTW... are you drinking something in your avatar??? I just looked close, and it looks like some weird white shit is dripping onto your chest.... am I seeing shit ?

Just messin with ya bro...

peace

RC

ps seriously what is that stuff?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    how exactly do you add 50 % to your lift ?? were you even working out hard in the first place on the sauce ?

BDTR is offline Retired
    If i added 50% to my lifts id be benching well over 600 lbs. Please tell me your secret.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_0891
    When i went off my first cycle I continued to gain for 3-4 weeks. nothing insane though. BTW... are you drinking something in your avatar??? I just looked close, and it looks like some weird white shit is dripping onto your chest.... am I seeing shit ?

Just messin with ya bro...

peace

RC

ps seriously what is that stuff?
    I'm holding a camera and the white shit is the flash reflection off of smudges on the mirror.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    If i added 50% to my lifts id be benching well over 600 lbs. Please tell me your secret.
    Ok, I've had good days but NOTHING like the last 2 days. The 2 exercises I added the most to were the lat pulldown which I always do last on back day to burn out. I normally have trouble moving 210 after a good workout. Today I maxed the stack at 290 for 8 reps and probably could have added a plate or 2. Yesterday doing behind the neck tricep presses, I was moving 115 for 8 reps when I am used to 75.

come to think of it, I did some G last night... hmmm... nah!

Nixter.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    how the hell is your wrist so skinny in your avatar??????

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I did not add 50% to my bench. I did bench yesterday and it was the first exercise so I didn't attempt more than the usual. I did however complete 4-5 more reps per set than normal though. Like I said before, it was like I had no lactic burn at all. Strange.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    how the hell is your wrist so skinny in your avatar??????
    It's not, it's lighting. Actually I lost my right hand as a child and I had them rebuild a fleshy spike on the end. It's good in fights and chicks seem to dig it.

I actually have slim wrists though, comes with the slim bone structure.

Nixter.

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    oh ok, i was just wondering

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Hauhgcoughbullshit. oops my bad bro Im just messing withya.

It seems to me you just had your best workout ever you and are damn stoked about it i have been like that too.

RC_0891 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Hauhgcoughbullshit. oops my bad bro Im just messing withya.

It seems to me you just had your best workout ever you and are damn stoked about it i have been like that too.
    Amen! thats a nice gain... really more than nice actually. Let us know if it keeps up, etc....

RC

Quote Originally Posted by RC_0891
    Amen! thats a nice gain... really more than nice actually. Let us know if it keeps up, etc....

RC
    I will. I've been training for 6-7 years and I definately know when I'm having a good day and it's usually the result of good rest the night before and good eating the day before and the day of. This FELT different, way different. Also, I partied last night! I drank, and did other things which always result in a shitty next day workout, not the strongest workout ever! This was the first cycle I've done and the first course of PCT I've done. Obviously there's some different things going on in my body right now and I was just wondering if it's somehow related.

I'll keep you posted, tomorrow is shoulders.

Nixter.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member
    It's usual...you'll keep getting stronger and stronger, and stronger. It happens a lot. Not 50%, but you'll see increases. Keep pushing yourself. Use other's doubts as your encouragement.

..yeah huh.

Doc

sonhouse is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    It's usual...you'll keep getting stronger and stronger, and stronger. It happens a lot. Not 50%, but you'll see increases. Keep pushing yourself. Use other's doubts as your encouragement.

..yeah huh.

Doc
    One though, most roids cause a pump. Sometimes a painful rep reducing one at that. Maybe your strenth is the same or slightly better but without excessive pumps? Just a thought.

Don't second guess your strength. It's yours.

Sonhouse, I just realized what your Avatar is. LOL

100571 is offline Associate Member
    50% seems like a lot. But for guys our size, we can gain the same ACTUAL strength increase, but it will be a much higher PERCENTAGE increase b/c we started with a lower weight.

Example:

BDTR adds 50 lbs to his 300 lbs bench press = 16.67%
    Nixter adds 50 lbs to his 150 lbs bench press = 33.33%

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but I thought it was relevant.

BTW, congrats on your cycle. Looking forward to some after pictures. You had a good body to start with.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Durring my PCT I still get the good pumps, strength is still good, and I do put a little weight on.......... Everyone is different.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Hey man...you may have broke the barrier and developed a true mind/muscle connection. People think that's a bullshit statement until they experience it. Once your mind can visualize what your muscle is supposed to be doing, your strenght will go up, your form will improve, and you will make gains in the beginning as if you were on a cycle. Keep it up bro!!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Whatever percentage, Congrats on your cycle!! Will you be posting "after" Pics?

Peace,

BLT

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    somebody snuck in to your gym and replaced machine weights with air
    HA HA HA!

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Maybe there was a slight shift in quantum physics overnight that altered the universe in such a way as to benefit your workout but noone else's.
    Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    Hey man...you may have broke the barrier and developed a true mind/muscle connection. People think that's a bullshit statement until they experience it. Once your mind can visualize what your muscle is supposed to be doing, your strenght will go up, your form will improve, and you will make gains in the beginning as if you were on a cycle. Keep it up bro!!

So true. I've reached that. Did it before my cycle. Now that I'm on, I've lost it a bit. I need to get my head right, and realize, I NEED TO BE DOING THE WORK.

WiLLpOwEr is offline Member
    Ok, I've had good days but NOTHING like the last 2 days. The 2 exercises I added the most to were the lat pulldown which I always do last on back day to burn out. I normally have trouble moving 210 after a good workout. Today I maxed the stack at 290 for 8 reps and probably could have added a plate or 2. Yesterday doing behind the neck tricep presses, I was moving 115 for 8 reps when I am used to 75.

come to think of it, I did some G last night... hmmm... nah!

Nixter.
    It either had to be a different machine or you really didn't have the weight on that you think you did. Nobody LITERALLY adds 50% to their lifts overnight. It just doesn't happen.

The only other explanation I can think of is that you really didn't fatigue your muscle(either due to lack of effort or a drug interaction) and were not fatigued. When I'm done with a quad workout I can probably use 2 plates for the hack squat machine. But, when I start with hacks, I can easily use 4 plates. Now, did my strength jump up 50% overnight?? No. I just did not fatigue the muscle like I normally do.

But in any event, keep up the good work bro.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    My take on this is that you didn't really realise your true potential to begin with. Usually people are considerably stronger than they think they are... You dont really know what your body is capable of because your mind always puts limits on it. When people aren't thinking,(panic, etc), they usually do some crazy ass shit that they'd never be capable of doing in a normal state of mind.

SooJuiced is offline Junior Member
    50%, i want some, i could military press 650.... i feel so inadaquate now............

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm goi g to agree with majorpecs and polska here. You are, as evidenced by your workout, stronger than you think you are. That strength was there, you just weren't using it. when you pick up a weight and think, "I did x amount last time, so I can only do x+1 amount this time", you limit yourself and make yourself think that that is all you can do. I'll give you example...

Last summer, when starting my fina/prop cycle, I was working out regularly with 70-80lb dumbells on the flat bench. One day when I came into the gym for chest day, they were moving all the weights to the new freeweight room, and the rack with the 60-100lb dumbells was missing. I thought, "What the hell", and picked up the 105lb 'bells and had no problem with 10 reps. After amazing myself, I tried the 115lb 'bells, and was able to get 7 or 8 like it was my job. The moral of this story is that if you don't step outside the box and push the limits beyond what you think is possible, you will never realize that anything is possible.

-moto

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I'm goi g to agree with majorpecs and polska here. You are, as evidenced by your workout, stronger than you think you are. That strength was there, you just weren't using it. when you pick up a weight and think, "I did x amount last time, so I can only do x+1 amount this time", you limit yourself and make yourself think that that is all you can do. I'll give you example...

Last summer, when starting my fina/prop cycle, I was working out regularly with 70-80lb dumbells on the flat bench. One day when I came into the gym for chest day, they were moving all the weights to the new freeweight room, and the rack with the 60-100lb dumbells was missing. I thought, "What the hell", and picked up the 105lb 'bells and had no problem with 10 reps. After amazing myself, I tried the 115lb 'bells, and was able to get 7 or 8 like it was my job. The moral of this story is that if you don't step outside the box and push the limits beyond what you think is possible, you will never realize that anything is possible.

-moto
    Well put....GO heavy or GO home.

New GearGuy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    My take on this is that you didn't really realise your true potential to begin with. Usually people are considerably stronger than they think they are... You dont really know what your body is capable of because your mind always puts limits on it. When people aren't thinking,(panic, etc), they usually do some crazy ass shit that they'd never be capable of doing in a normal state of mind.

My thoughts exactly, either way keep up the good work!!!!!!

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    I wouldnt judge my strength increases by a lat machine.

See how your deads, squats, bench, or cleans are.

Machines are so inaccurate in guaging.

Thread Information