BIGCHEST1225 is offline Junior Member

Xanax(RXed)at night while on ECA counterproductive?

I have been prescribed xanax for a general anxiety disorder and only take them at night for sleep(traditional rx sleeping pills didnt help.) Recently, I started an ECA stack to drop my bf%. I know ECA is known for causing anxiety but I already had a problem and already took xanax at night for it. Since starting the ECA everything has been going perfect; more energy, smaller appetite, etc... and with keeping the same dose of xanax I have been able to sleep very well. The ECA doesnt cause much of a problem with anxiety during the day. My question is, since Xanax slows down your system is it counterproductive to take while running ECA because ECA burns fat by speeding you up?

Will xanax interfear with ECA's ability to burn fat if it's only taken at night as a sleep aid? Will it make me have to be more careful with my last meals of the day?

Your wisom is needed

BIGCHEST1225
    Last edited by BIGCHEST1225; 11-02-2003 at 11:03 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Nope, the half life of ECA is so short that it should be non active by the time you go to bed anyway.

bdtr, I have heard that ECA has a short half life but I still feel the effects (sweating, shaking) up too 10 hours after my last dose. The first time I used it I would even wake up in the night soaked with sweat.

WoodChuck is offline Banned

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by BIGCHEST1225
    bdtr, I have heard that ECA has a short half life but I still feel the effects (sweating, shaking) up too 10 hours after my last dose. The first time I used it I would even wake up in the night soaked with sweat.

btdr is right. short acting benzo's like xanax won't significantly alter the fat burning properties of a good eca stack. as a matter of fact, if they help you sleep they may help you gain muscle at the same time.

woody

Go Time is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=BIGCHEST1225]I have been prescribed xanax for a general anxiety disorder and only take them at night for sleep(traditional rx sleeping pills didnt help.) Recently, I started an ECA stack to drop my bf%. I know ECA is known for causing anxiety but I already had a problem and already took xanax at night for it. Since starting the ECA everything has been going perfect; more energy, smaller appetite, etc... and with keeping the same dose of xanax I have been able to sleep very well. The ECA doesnt cause much of a problem with anxiety during the day. My question is, since Xanax slows down your system is it counterproductive to take while running ECA because ECA burns fat by speeding you up?

Will xanax interfear with ECA's ability to burn fat if it's only taken at night as a sleep aid? Will it make me have to be more careful with my last meals of the day?

Your wisom is needed

ECA might trigger anxiety, but for the most part anxiety is stress and the placebo effect. MY wife was diagnosed with anxiety and got to the point to where we could not go out in public for two weeks because she feared having an attack and fainting. She was first diagnosed after passing out during nursing school. That was 6 years ago and she hasn't had the problem since. I agree with BDTR about the half-life, but if you think(placebo) it will cause it then it will.

Thanks for the replies!

How about for someone who wasnt even on an ECA stack. Would taking xanax lower your metabolism at night?

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    ECA will speed you up if your not used to the dose or maybe your using Ephedra Alkaloids in lieu of Ephedrine. Once you build a tolerance to the ECA stack, you will not feel the sides as bad. I personally don't have any problems with benzos inhibiting ECA's ability to keep my body temp up (which is the main intent here) - I take Xan for Soc. Anx Dis. as needed along with .25 before bed - no troubles sleeping

Thread Information