Thread: Lifting pains

powr2lift is offline Junior Member

Lifting pains

Hey guys,
    Im on 10 week Sust 500mg and Deca 300mg. I just hit week 5 and am feeling "powerful". Thats the best way to describe it. Anyway last Tue on Chest day I benched and pushed out my last set for four reps (alot more weight than I have ever done). Now my left arm feels like it is strained. One way to describe it would be like back in high school after a good game of dodge ball your arm would "ache" (at least mine did). Im a little nervous that this hasnt went away and a find it a little more odd that this occured at all. Im not injury prone and recover very well. Is there anything that I could do or take to help the pain go away (advil before lifting?). Also I was curious if a major pump could result in this type of injury, I have been getting really major tiresome pumps (mostly from the D-bol at the begininng of my cycle). Any others experiences with this type of "aching" and how they handled it would help. I'll work through it and plan on working through it but if I should take it easy to avoid further injury I will. Thanks bro's

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powr2lift
    Hey guys,
    Im on 10 week Sust 500mg and Deca 300mg. I just hit week 5 and am feeling "powerful". Thats the best way to describe it. Anyway last Tue on Chest day I benched and pushed out my last set for four reps (alot more weight than I have ever done). Now my left arm feels like it is strained. One way to describe it would be like back in high school after a good game of dodge ball your arm would "ache" (at least mine did). Im a little nervous that this hasnt went away and a find it a little more odd that this occured at all. Im not injury prone and recover very well. Is there anything that I could do or take to help the pain go away (advil before lifting?). Also I was curious if a major pump could result in this type of injury, I have been getting really major tiresome pumps (mostly from the D-bol at the begininng of my cycle). Any others experiences with this type of "aching" and how they handled it would help. I'll work through it and plan on working through it but if I should take it easy to avoid further injury I will. Thanks bro's
    You probabaly just strained your muscle. You don't want to take painkillers or something that will mask the pain cuz you will end up doing more damage. Just stay away from that muscle group for a week, work others

detroit is offline Banned
    Im also on my 5th week of Sust, lately i get pumps so good that it will actually start to hurt. Make sure stretch and warm up.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    You probabaly just strained your muscle. You don't want to take painkillers or something that will mask the pain cuz you will end up doing more damage. Just stay away from that muscle group for a week, work others
    Good advice.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Stretching is the most important thing to do before working out. I've never needed to stretch out alot before my cycle, I did like 5 mins of stretching but now since I've upped my weights pretty good........I gotta stretch or I'll be in complete agony working out.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Stretching is the most important thing to do before working out. I've never needed to stretch out alot before my cycle, I did like 5 mins of stretching but now since I've upped my weights pretty good........I gotta stretch or I'll be in complete agony working out.
    thanks guys, never really stretched out b4 other then about 3-5 minutes before the workout. Im getting more intense so it only makes sense I need to stretch more.

Grant is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    why don't you get vascular you fat ass!

anyways, in regard to your lifting pains, along with your new found strength should come your awareness that you are a lot more likely to get injured because your muscles are growing but your ligaments and joints are used to supporting your previous stength, be careful bro

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    you might have strained your tendons

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant

anyways, in regard to your lifting pains, along with your new found strength should come your awareness that you are a lot more likely to get injured because your muscles are growing but your ligaments and joints are used to supporting your previous stength, be careful bro

beat me to it

blowout247 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    beat me to it
    Both of you beat me to it. I strained the biceps branchilies (tendon in front af deltoid) doing dumbell presses that were too heavey for me. I kept lifting on it and developed tendonitus, which really sucks. If I could go back and change anything in my lifting career that would further my current status, it would be to not injure myself. Really not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by blowout247
    Both of you beat me to it. I strained the biceps branchilies (tendon in front af deltoid) doing dumbell presses that were too heavey for me. I kept lifting on it and developed tendonitus, which really sucks. If I could go back and change anything in my lifting career that would further my current status, it would be to not injure myself. Really not worth it
    Guys thanks for the advice. I want to see huge results and Im metally prepared to go heavy, but I think I'll lay back a bit and go a bit lighter on my workouts. Specially bi/tri day. Funny how I dont think about my "lifting career" and am only thinking about getting the max benifits from this cycle. This was an eye opener for me and time to get my whole lifting program in check.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant

lmao...i up'd my cardio from 5 minutes/week to 10 minutes a week...

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    Stretch,stretch, stretch.....did i mention stretch???
    Seriously though do light warm-up and stretches for you shoulders pre workout. If pain persists drop down the weight and make you you use good form. After workout stretch again. Take some advil and ice the shoulder for 15-20 minutes post workout.

Thread Information