spanky2 is offline New Member

Exclamation which steroid or steroids are best used to gain speed

for a high level college football player or track sprinter, which is the best steroid or steroids to use to be able to increase there speed and ability run faster.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    try doing a running workout.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    None.
    You must train for speed. Unless you're an elite athlete AAS won't make that much of a difference. Speed is gained by training your nueromuscular system.

Try adding some type of sport specific plyometrics to your regimen.

xxxl83

BigLarry is offline Associate Member
    The right training does help and all but some posts were wrong about that a.s. doesn't help or make a difference in speed. I know for a fact it does. I play college baseball and 4 weeks ago I got timed running the 60 yd. dash and ran a 6.9 and yesterday october 29th ran a 6.69. I ran a winny and d-bol, and test prop cycle. So to your answer is that yes they do help with speed and I would try winny. And I wasent on a like a running program or anything to make me faster. If anyone knows about speed going from a 6.9 to a 6.6 is hauling ass.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    time it again.

Actualy a .2 gain isn't alot for an untrained runner in a 60yd. It may not have even been the gear. Reaction time being better, less wind, a coach with a slow or fast stop watch finger or any combination of these could account for this gain.

Or maybe key and I just don't know anything about this sort of thing.

So show me one study where AAS is proven to increase speed dramatically or even moderately.

xxxl83

We ran the time 3 times my times. My best was the 6.69. The next 2 was a 6.7 and a 6.74. So your telling me that I just magically got faster in the time I did the a.s.s? Come on guys use some logic

And it was a PRO try out so they had the laser timing where it very acurate. It was ran on grass too. All baseball runs are timed on grass. And yes going from a 6.9 to a 6.6 is a significantly increase in time. And for reaction time the laser measures your first initial movement.

Listen there could be 100 reasons for you times being better.
    If you think it was the gear than more power to you but that means that next week your times should be even better if your still on right? Let me know how that works out. Then compare it to your "logic".

Also you never ran a 6.6 you ran a 6.69 if a .2 seconds is such a big deal than stop trying to reach for that extra .1 which would be an additional 50% of you improvement.

So .2 seconds is not that big of a deal for your times (If it was a WR breaking .2 that would be a different story) in a 60yd in a 40yd yes in a 60yd no.

xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 10-30-2003 at 11:43 PM.

Do you even know anything about times athletes should run for sports specific? In baseball a 6.9-7.0 is average a 6.5 - a 6.6 for pro rated speed for an outfield position. I have always been a 6.9-7.0 runner. If a.s. isn't a sports enhancer then why cant track athletes or any other athletes use them if there is no evidence that it helps them gets faster. And I doubt that I will increase that much more but I will maintain my speed with our workouts we do. Have u guys even played a sport pro or a college level?

Yes I do know alittle about speed and sports I played D-I football and got a scholarship and many offers to top schools. That's how I know it's not a big deal. Also if you knew a thing or two about gear you'd understand where I was comming from. For an elite athlete it will have some sort of impact but for the average Joe it'll do little to help their cause.

And if gear enhanced athletic performance by enhancing athletic skill then your batting average should have gone through the roof as well.

So this will be my last reply to this thread all that needs to be said has already been said.

Good luck with your Baseball career.

xxxl83

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    i have to say 6.69 on grass machin timed is pretty good and i agree that steroids can help a lot with speed.

Ben Johnson

Baseball is a higher skill related sport compaired to football. Hitting a baseball is the single hardest thing to do in a sport. Look at Barry Bonds he got jacked and his batting average didnt go through the roof the ball just went farther. And I happen to play D-1 in the sec. I'm not an average athlete I have very good potential in continueing my career pro. I'm not saying i am 100% right but I do think your wrong saying that a.s doesnt help.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    AS will make you faster. The main gain is during acceleration. When people say AS won't make you faster, they mean it won't make your reaction time faster. This is true but in the real world, "speed", is more than rjust eaction time.

When you do a bench press (with a heavy weight), with AS you will be able to push the bar up faster than if you weren't on AS because you are stronger. If you apply the same principle to pushing yourself away from the ground (running), you will also be able to do this faster. Like I said before though, it's during the acceleration period that the AS helps you. Once you are up to your own natural speed limit, the AS won't help you. Remember good old Ben Johnson? Remember what he was best at? Exploding out of the blocks.

Nixter.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    In answer to the first question posed on this thread, taking into account side effects v improved speed I would say anavar . And I am a competing athlete

I would have to agree on quickness. But for xxl83 to say it doesnt help at all is wrong. If AS didnt help out why would they be banned in sports. AS are classified as SPORTS ENHANCING PRODUCTS.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    They enhance the muscles that are used for speed, lifting, whatever. No one steroid is designed to make you faster. If you take steroids and workout your legs and train for speed - then you might get a little faster.

But the average Joe Schmo can't take steroids without doing any lifting or training and go run a 60 yard dash and see results.

Well I realize that if you take it your not just magically get faster. I wouldnt say I was on a speed workout but with my sport and team we do run and to exercises for speed. And I have been doign these a while but when i just finished this last cycle is when I noticed that much of a difference. XXL83 does not know what hes talking about. Football players are timed on 40's and baseball players on 60's. Gooing from a 7.0 to a 6.6 is a SIGNIFICANT increase on grass. Football players are times on a track. I just think its funny because xxl83 is a senior member and he probably thinks whatever he says people are going to listen and agree. But when he knows nothing about what he is saying is when he needs NOT to respond. I think he is lying about playing D1 football too. How he got to be a senior member is out of my knowledge.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    I'm a college athlete and since my cycle i actually got much slower since i packed on about 20lbs. I don't know a single person on our team that did a cycle and got faster. I'm not sure why you think going from a 6.9 to a 6.6 is some great feat from AAS use. Although the time is good for a 60yd dash, the increase is mediocre at best. Why do baseball scouts want a 60yd dash anyway, I've always done the 40..

To answer the original question, no there is not any steroid that only increases speed, thats done through diet and training.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    ok BigL, time for me to step in and clean some shit up a bit.

first off, you're new here. don't get an attitude - doesn't fly well with the bros who have been around for a while.

second, member status is all about post count, not how much you know.

third, if you think he's lying, good, but grow up and let's not start a pissing contest here.

next, of course with any athletics you're always going to be running around. this is off-season and i'm sure you're 4 weeks of organized practice are over by now. i'm going to assume the strength / conditioning coach at either Georgia, USC, Auburn - (or whatever SEC school you go to) is conditioning you. if you want more speed, talk to him and get him to work with you. tell him you want to do some extra stuff.

Why baseball is timed on 60's i dont know but it is. You oviously dont know on this either. im not saying its a world record time or anything its just a huge increase on grass.

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry
    Why baseball is timed on 60's i dont know but it is. You oviously dont know on this either. im not saying its a world record time or anything its just a huge increase on grass.
    Well I know that i'm faster than you, even on grass at my new 40yd dash time, but thats beside the point.

There is no reason to jump off the handle and assume that just because someone disagrees with you that they don't know there ass from a hole in the ground. If your satisfied with your results thats great, but you have to respect other peoples opinions. I want nothing more than to believe that AAS helped you gain speed, that would be great. As it is I have to go off of personal experience and that tells me otherwise.

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Gentlemen please!

physio_sport is offline Banned
    If AS didnt help out why would they be banned in sports.
    cocaine and heroin are also banned in sports. whats your point.

you poeple seem to be forgetting why steroids help sports people. why do most people take winstrol because of its androgenic effects. the increase in androgens in the body will increase the amount of red blood cells in the body allowing more oxygen to be carried. this is good and all untill the day you have to race or perform you can't take the drugs with you or use them other wise you will fail the drug test. and once you stop taking the drugs you have lower amounts of red blood cells and hormones in the body for weeks after plus extra
    LB's of weight to carry which will make you slower. basically its a waste of time.

and the benifits of these drugs are not that great, its mainly a placebo effect. the placebo effect can be incredably powerfull look up on the research. The only 100% proven/guarnteed way to increase athletic performance is an EPO. or injecting your own blood back into your body, which you stored earlier. to increase blood supply.

steroids basically give minimal or little effects in most commerical sports like basketball, baseball, ice or normal hockey, football, socker etc...

the only people who really need steroids are bodybuilders/powerlifters.

save your money and spend it on creatine and b12.

sorry if the information is a bit packed together and slightly unorganized im in a bit of a hurry.
    Last edited by physio_sport; 10-31-2003 at 02:27 PM.

Big Joe is offline New Member
    It's timed on 60 yards because that's the distance to 2nd base.

OK I wasn't going to respond to this again but since biglarry at 6' and 205 decided he knows more than me.

I train for speed every week, to train for speed you need to train your neuromuscular system to fire motor units together instead of unit by unit THIS CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED BY TRAINING FOR SPEED NOT BY USING AAS.

I never said that AAS wouldn't have an effect on speed but that they would be minimal without proper training READ MY FIRST POST.

As for me being a senior member I Know my shit all around this board. Diet/sport specific training/AAS/suplementation etc....

Read through all my post 95% of them are relevant to these topics. I didn't get my post count by hanging out in the AR lounge (for those who do fine, no disrespect intended). Also I'm a well respected and as far as I know valued member of this board. Ask around or better yet like I said go through my posts.

That's about all I've got for you and your smart ass remarks.

xxxl83

xxxl83 I havent updated my stats since I joined the same year you did and havent sat around and responded to every thread. You might be whatever size you are but I can assure you dont a six pack and dont have a 6% bodyfat. You probably would have to do on one of your magical diets to do that. Since I assume that you dont play football anymore what school did u play for? Did u even play? What are your amazing stats big guy? To end this I think your wrong that no A.S will help speed.

I won't list the school for anonymity reasons due to personal legal problems (just like I don't list pl'ing meets I lift at). Yes I did play and it was about 10 yrs ago I wasn't a superstar but I saw the feild often if that's what you're getting at. My stats right now are 5'11" @ 245lbs I try to maintain weight so I can compete @ 242's.

Also I don't think you're reading correctly I never said they wouldn't help I said they wouldn't help Dramaticly.

And you're not saying much for yourself when you state that your gains were due soley to AAS use.

Let this be done and best of luck with your baseball career.

xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 11-01-2003 at 10:19 PM.

bonusbaby24 is offline New Member
    I'd give my left nut to run a 6.6 or 6.7, instead of a 6.9-7.0.

In the world of baseball, that could be a healthy jump in signing bonuses.

Good job, bro, I had I can see similar results in my cycle.

arrruken is offline New Member
    I think everyone knows if your not working out then juice isnt gonna help anything. But I think the question should have been phrased differently. If someone WAS doing speed training, what steriod would be the best to accomplish better strength in those muscles. I would assume winny or a steriod like it, because any mass gaining steriod would just add extra weight correct? Inhibiting running faster? Now im no professional on the subject, but increased testosterone levels are supposed to increase in oxygen level in the blood, and 60 yards is a decently long sprint. Now if you had that coupled with increased strength in say, hip flexors and hamstrings, this would result in faster times, but only if training for a speed regimen. So the question to the older bro's is, what steriod would best be for this purpose...

shootdeep is offline Member
    i realize i'm a newbie to the board, but i have something to offer. i am a competitive hockey player and was looking for more speed and endurance. i went with an sust/ Winny cycle. yes, i had more speed and more power and my endurance increased MARGINALLY, but the extra weight gain made it difficult to manuever, shoot with accuracy, and just play the game. it was a trade-off. overall, i was a much better player off the gear and haven't done another cycle
    during my season. TRAIN, TRAIN, TRAIN ad EAT RIGHT!!!

Thread Information