np25 is offline New Member

Baseball training/supplement info

I am a senior on a college baseball team. The first question I have is about my workout. I am currently doing 12 reps on everything because my coach says he doesn't want us to get big, stiff and bulky. I used to do and would prefer to lift heavier and do about 6-8 reps on everything. If I lift heavy but also stretch and consistently practice my game I shouldn't get stiff and bulky should I? My next question is about steroids . I have never juiced in my life. I have several friends who have and they know almost everything about it. I want to do this because I want to take my game to another level since this is the last year of my career I want to go with a bang. I am not an athlete looking for a quick fix. I realize that it takes hard work and discipline. I have been lifting weights for years so I am no rookie to the gym. I would rather take the pill as opposed to the injectables but If I have to shoot myself I will. What should I take. I don't want to get moonface and be super puffy. I don't want to take winstrol because I do want to put on some size. I have thought about dianobol and equise(I know the spelling is wrong) If I start a cylce over Christmas break in December and my season lasts from February to the first of May will I need to take another cycle during the season? A guy who played on my team last season just told me the other day that he was on the juice the whole season and he was just on winstrol. He had an awsome year and he said because of the juice his confidence and agression were threw the roof. That is what I want Any help would be appreciated. This is something I am doing for sure without a doubt I would just need to know the best route to go. Remember veteran juicers were rookies once. Thank you.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    thats alot to digest. One thing you might want to think about while playing a sport is that gear makes your muscles grow much faster than your ligaments and connective tissue, and while a mild first cycle probably won't put you at any great risk for injury, there is a small possibility. How would you like to spend half of your Sr. year chillin in the dugout? food for thought.

You also put your career and team at risk if you do decide to take gear, should you get tested and fail (again a small chance, but possible). This is what always made me shy away while I was playing ball in college as my team was on the cusp of making NCAA's and I didn't want to be the guy that would mess stuff up for them. Also if I juiced and wasn't an all american I would feel like shit. There were alot of jokers who juiced(alot) and sat the bench in football, talk about a waste.

Im fairly new to the game, and Im not too knowledgable about the athletic requirements in baseball (they have them??? John Kruk who?) but Im sure some of the more knowledgable bro's here can help you out if you're certain thats the route you want to take.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I wouldn't take Winstrol for more than 6 weeks. Your buddy is crazy..A DBOL cycle alone is horrible and definitely stay away from it if you don't want the Puffy face look.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    just by lifting you can get still and bulky. doesn't matter if you're doing higher reps or what not. the muscles will become tighter in either aspect. this in turn can lead to that stiff feeling you might feel while playing. sure stretching does help, but nothing like when you're near the middle of the season and haven't been lifting as much - everything is all stretched out and loose feeling.

like shortyrock said, you put yourself at risk if you are subject to NCAA testing. they won't do anything to your team, but you can call it quits if you get busted.

as for right now during your "off-season", stick to the routine that focuses on power / explosive movements. huge biceps won't do you any good in the sport. keep up the work on your core strength too.

you might want to look into a test prop / winny cycle.

Oh yah, about the training and lifting.
    This is the method I used when training for lax and I think you can modify it for stickball if you want.

aug-nov.
    day 1 - legs
    day 2 - chest, shoulders, tri's
    day 3 - off, distance running(3.5 -5 mi)
    day 4 - back, bi's, forarms
    day 5 - plyo's
    day 6 - off, distance running
    repeat... abs everyday.

december. power month. heavy reps, increase sets.
    day 1- squat, dead, incline bench, military press.
    day 2- sprint work, agility
    day 3- off, distance run
    day 4- power clean, bent over rows, flat bench.
    day 5- sprint work, agility
    repeat... abs everyday, at least a mile and a half every day that isn't distance running.

Jan.
    full body every other day, lower weights, increasing reps, never too high. days you don't lift, run alot more. I used this time to dial everything in, I just felt more coordinated and athletic when I did full body days as opposed to body part splits, though I did go down slightly in some of my lifts.

never neglect your sport specific skills either as they go hand in hand w/ conditioning. When you're tired is when your skills falter, but if they are rusty to begin with then you're S.O.L. ... best of luck w/ stick ball.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    like shortyrock said, you put yourself at risk if you are subject to NCAA testing. they won't do anything to your team, but you can call it quits if you get busted.

you might want to look into a test prop / winny cycle.

opps, I meant to clarify that. You're team wouldn't get penalized, but if you become a juiced up, ivan drago, stallion of a man and are just knocking the cover off the ball all season, you're absence hurts your team.

np25 is offline New Member
    I play for an NAIA school. NAIA doesn't drug test so I am good to go there. I am going to juice period. I don't want to look back and say what if. As far as all of the side effects go I don't think one or two cycles done right is going to hurt me that bad. I really just want to know what to take and what price range I am probally looking at. If I start a cycle in Dec. will I need to cycle again during the season? My season is from Feb. to May. Also former or current baseball players on this site do you think doing low reps and heavier weight will hurt me as a baseball player? I practice my game all the time. I am always hitting and throwing and shagging flys so that alone should keep me pretty loose right? Thanks guys. You are a lot of help.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    no such thing as one or two cycles.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    no such thing as one or two cycles.
    he means if he should start one in december, will there be a need for another one during the season - will his gains / strength last

i will reiterate, i think you should look into a test prop / winny (or var) cycle

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Look back through the archives as there are a couple of good posts on baseball players, workouts and cycles used.

I don't have anytime at the moment to go over anything inparticular as I'm just leaving but drop me a pm if I haven't posted on this thread in a day or two to remind me.

I have one thing for you to think about though...

Right now you haven't taken any drugs to get where you are...NAIA or NCAA it doesn't matter because you still have to know the sport to play. Now if you start to use A/S (just one or two cycles like you say) and it takes you to a level that makes just one head turn, which is all you need...are you ready to inject for a third and fourth cycle come next season when you're playing Rookie ball or in the Northern league and so on?

Aragorn

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I posted this up in someone else's thread about Baseball training...here ya' go bro.

Bodybuilding won't help you out as much as sport specific training will.

The core muscles for baseball are mainly going to be your back and stomach area. Here's a good workout...

It's split up into three seperate phases:
    1) Hypertrophy Phase
    2) Power Phase
    3) In-Season Maintenance Phase

HYPERTROPHY PHASE

MONDAY
    Exercise: Set 1: Set 2: Set 3:
    Deadlifts - 6 6 4
    Seated Rows - 6 6 4
    Lat Pull Down - 6 6 4
    Barbell Curls - 8 6 4
    Alternate Curls - 8 6 6
    Crunches - 25 25 25
    Leg Lifts - 25 25 25

TUESDAY
    Bench Press - 6 6 4
    Dumbbell Press - 6 6 4
    Incline Press - 6 6 4
    Triceps Pressdowns - 8 6 6
    Weighted Dips - 6 6 4
    Oblique Crunches - 25 25 25
    Sit-ups 25 25 25

THURSDAY
    Powercleans 6 6 4
    Military Press - 6 6 4
    Side Lateral Raises - 6 6 4
    Front Lateral Raises - 6 6 4
    Wrist Curls - 12 12 12
    Reverse Wrist Curls - 12 12 12
    Toe Touches 25 25 25

FRIDAY
    Squats - 6 6 4
    Leg Press - 6 6 4
    Lunges - 6 6 4
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 6 6 4
    Leg Curls - 6 6 4
    Crunches 25 25 25
    Leg Lifts 25 25 25

POWER PHASE Increase the weight and make sure to lift with a spotter

MONDAY
    Deadlifts 5 4 3
    Seated Rows 6 6 4
    Lat Pull Down 6 6 4
    Barbell Curls 6 6 4
    Alternate Curls 10 8 6
    Crunches 25 25 25
    Leg Lifts 25 25 25

TUESDAY
    Bench Press 5 4 3
    Dumbbell Press 5 4 3
    Incline Press 6 6 4
    Triceps Pressdowns 6 6 4
    Weighted Dips 6 6 4
    Oblique Crunches 25 25 25
    Sit-ups 25 25 25

THURSDAY
    Powercleans 5 4 3
    Military Press 6 6 4
    Side Lateral Raises 10 8 6
    Front Lateral Raises 10 8 6
    Wrist Curls 15 15 15
    Reverse Wrist Curls 15 15 15
    Toe Touches 25 25 25

FRIDAY
    Squats 5 4 3
    Leg Press 5 4 3
    Lunges 10 8 6
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts 10 8 6
    Leg Curls 12 10 8
    Crunches 25 25 25
    Leg Lifts 25 25 25

IN-SEASON MAINTENANCE PHASE

MONDAY
    Deadlifts 3 3 3
    Powercleans 3 3 3
    Seated Rows 3 3 3
    Lat. Pull Down 3 3 3
    Crunches 25 25 25

WEDNESDAY
    Bench Press 3 3 3
    Incline Bench Press 3 3 3
    Military Press 3 3 3
    Triceps Press Downs 6 6 4
    Leg Lifts 25 25 25

FRIDAY
    Squats 3 3 3
    Leg Press 3 3 3
    Leg Curls 6 6 4
    Barbell Curls 6 6 4
    Oblique Crunches 25 25 25

big swoll is offline Member
    i have made alot of posts about baseball....it might help if you do a search, and if you have any questions feel free to pm me...oh yea...what part of the country do you play in

byu
    byu is offline Junior Member
    Keymastur is the man when it comes to baseball training IMO.
    Ronny made a great point about sport-specific training...not bodybuilding. But I think the work-out he laid out was wayyyy too heavy, if you are training to failure.
    Winstrol is the only steriod I know of that greatly enhances fast twitch muscle fiber which is most used in baseball.
    I take it you don't pitch? With hitting winstrol gives you that confidence your friend can attest to. You see the ball better, are able to react much more quickly, and make minor adjustments even mid swing. I don't know about Anavar and its baseball application...Prop seems like another good choice, as its a short ester which yeilds quick results. Core training cannot be stressed enough.

BTW: I play affliated minor league ball. The training we do is plyo's high intensity, light upper-body both on and off-season, heavy lower body off season, lighter on, and extremely focused core training.
    Jobe's (light weight arm exercises) 1 day on 1 day off, 2days on, 1 day off and reapeat. We do the ****** seven named after the team. It consists of seven different rotator cuff related exercises.
    Theraband (rubber tubing) same.

rainbowsheep is offline Junior Member
    Doing 6-8 reps won't make you any more bulkier (or stiff, whatever that means) than 10-12 reps.

Sounds like your coach still believes in 70's era training.

Thread Information