jersey juice is offline Member

Reusing a pin for...

I only have 2 18 gauge pins that I've been using to draw up my juice. I am starting to get concerned about sterility. Do any of you reuse the same pins to draw with and also is there any method I should use to clean them out? I used to use 23 to draw & shoot, but I switched to 25, so drawing is a bitch. OR..would it be better if I just got some more 18 & threw em out after every use??

Mugs Guest

GOOD QUESTION

I always use the same to draw for 2-3 times but no more than that. It only sits in its sheath for nor more than a week and a half. If someone has a good answer for this I would like to hear it. i think that as long as it is kept in the sheath and has not touched anything except the bottle or the vial, then I think it would be fine. I also keep my used syringe in a dark space.

4plates is offline Banned
    i hope we dont get attacked with name calling bro ,but ive been using the same 18 g pin to draw my stuff for 5 wks now.
    every once in a while i squirt some alchol through it with a old syringe.

viperlingerfelt is offline Associate Member
    do you use the same needle because of needle price or availability......i guess im the odd man here,,i use a new needle to draw and inject each time......
    at my local pharmacy i get a case of syringes with needles (100) for $18 USD and 100 seperate needles for $9 USD......

Nah, I use the same pin cause I have it and don't think it's that necessary to change them. I NEVER use the same syringe/needle to inject with EVER! But if someone can shed some light on this subject, looks like I'm not alone on this one.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Well, in that case . . .

Originally posted by 4plates
    i hope we dont get attacked with name calling bro...
    Why, 4plates, you pompous, priggish, presumptuous, piss-ant putz . . . (No, bro, I wouldn't call you names . . . I just like alliteration.)

Seriously, FWIW, here's my 2¢ . . . When you suction anything through a pin, the pin is no longer sterile, period. I agree with viperlingerfelt - syringes and needles are so cheap, that it pays to err on the side of safety and use a fresh one every time.

I do the same thing when it comes to oil-based stuff - I use a 20 g. to draw, then a 23 or 25 g. to inject (depending on the site). (I'll probably switch to 18 g. needles for drawing, but I have a lot of the 20 g. ones left over from the last box.)

Obviously, for those of you who use the same drawing needle multiple times, it hasn't killed you yet. At least those of you who have been able to post. ) But my own thinking is that once something has hit the needle - especially something other than air - and has gone through the needle, there is a chance that bacteria could develop in the needle. Probably a slim chance, but there's the old adage that if something that happens only 0.001% of the time happens to you, then the incidence to you has become 100%.

Besides, I have one of those funky red "used sharps" containers that I got at the drug store, and I like seeing them fill up.

Anyway, since I always use a fresh needle for injecting and for drawing, I'm not up to date on the recommended method for sterilizing needles. I know that this is taught by needle exchange programs (the ones you find in major cities, in which drug addicts can take their old needles and get new ones free), and this might be covered on a needle exchange or drug use website somewhere.

But as for me, I'm happy to make my contribution to helping the friendly folks at B-D stay in business.
    Last edited by TNT; 01-03-2002 at 05:18 PM.

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member
    Use a fresh pin and syringe EVERY time.......

I am convinced that most people that start posting about "dirty gear" and abcesses are the result of lack of sterile technique.....

Why spend all the $$$$ on gear, and food, and protein powder, only to get cheap on the little things like 10 cent pins, and clomid and nolva.......????????? I don't understand.....

You can afford 1000mg/wk of test and deca , but you can't afford 10 extra pins.......? What does that cost? A whopping couple bucks? Is it really worth getting an infection and having other possible problems..... Hell the pins would cost you less than the copay to have your DR check out the infection you got........

Originally posted by Titanium
    Use a fresh pin and syringe EVERY time.......

I am convinced that most people that start posting about "dirty gear" and abcesses are the result of lack of sterile technique.....

Why spend all the $$$$ on gear, and food, and protein powder, only to get cheap on the little things like 10 cent pins, and clomid and nolva.......????????? I don't understand.....

You can afford 1000mg/wk of test and deca, but you can't afford 10 extra pins.......? What does that cost? A whopping couple bucks? Is it really worth getting an infection and having other possible problems..... Hell the pins would cost you less than the copay to have your DR check out the infection you got........
    You raise a really good point there.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I suppose using the same pin will help you gain a infection..
    I cant see why you would use the same pin twice or more they are so cheap so why take the risk....JMO

mdd
    mdd is offline Junior Member
    i'm with viper.... they're way to cheap so once is plenty

Trap is offline New Member
    I agree with Viper as well. I alway use a new pin every time. I will not risk infection. Trap

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    new pin everytime here, better safe than sorry.

TITANS is offline New Member
    Need pins? www.androusa.com

Thread Information