BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member

Accutane Alternatives?

Hey,

Just about to start PCT and having some bad acne issues..well not too bad. Just getting a few zits on the face, but they are bad MOFO's..deep in the skin and stay for a week or more.

I had a brother on accutane and saw how tough a drug that was and I am already taking enough stuff.

My question, besides the anti acne (Neutrogena Soap) and Benzol Peroxide I am using now, what else is there? Any antibiotics I can get on the net w/o a doc? Just curious.

HELP!

Bri

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    The best over the counter meds are any product with these chemicals:

Benzol Peroxide
    Glycerine
    Sacylic Acid- This one can cause lots of irritation on the face

Although I would set up and appointment with the dermatologist and ask for some Doxycycline and some Tazorac which is very commonly prescribed for acne and is not nearly as harsh as Accutane.

By the way, howd the cycle turn out?

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    The best over the counter meds are any product with these chemicals:

Benzol Peroxide
    Glycerine
    Sacylic Acid- This one can cause lots of irritation on the face

Although I would set up and appointment with the dermatologist and ask for some Doxycycline and some Tazorac which is very commonly prescribed for acne and is not nearly as harsh as Accutane.

By the way, howd the cycle turn out?
    u can try a couple of grams of vit b5 daily that helps gig time ,aslo supp with r ala 800 mgs daily .

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    funny as this sounds...I use baby powder of course before I ever cycled I suffered from acne and was on a 6 month accutane treatment...1 one day 2 the next and rotated like this..worked miracles, anyway with what the bro's listed above you could also take retin-A into consideration

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Can you get Retin A over the counter?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    retin-a and antibiotics work the best for me even though i still get annoying pimples on my neck that look like a cat jumped up and clawed me.

But other than that...I've found washing my face with soap only once or twice a week to also help. I guess washing it everday only dries up the skin which means more oil production...and more pimples.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    Can you get Retin A over the counter?
    No...but check your pm box bro.

cyberpan is offline New Member
    This may sound too simple, but before going to any meds try nature's way. Try taking a small prepackaged bag of de-skinned baby carrots (easier than peeling them) and putting them all in a juicer. If you drink about 1.5 to 2, 12 oz glasses of pure carrot juice I bet your face will start to clear up in 4-5 days 7 tops. Downside is drinking this much carrot juice can start to turn your skin an orangish color. If it does just drink less and adjust accordingly. By eating or drinking the carrots you are upping your intake of Vitamin A, and Beta-Carotene. Vitamin A is a fat soluble vitamin so if taken via supplementation (vitamin pills, capsules, etc.) it can be toxic if taken in high dosages (hence the reason we use carrots). Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene are both great for the skin and mucus membranes therefore helping to fight acne due to oily skin, etc. It really works, trust me on this. Also they have antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals in the body that cause tissue and cellular damage.

I don't know maybe you already knew this, sorry if you did. Just trying to help...hope it does.

fiz
    fiz is offline New Member
    10g vitamin b5/day
    12 min at tanning salon every other day worked well for me
    get some minocyclin or other drug from dermatologist
    www.paulaschoice.com has some really good products for acne
    wash face w/ dove soap morning/night
    other topical stuff liuke retin-a and differin gel from dermato0logist

Thread Information