Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067

    In case anyone forgot the RULES on the board...

    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=53457

    Please read them again. I don't know about the rest of you, but It's getting tiresome to read posts where members are constantly flaming other members. Lately I think Its getting out of control. I know some questions seem stupid, but just because you might know the answer, doesn't make it right for anyone to put a new member down. The point of the board is to HELP others out, not discourage them from logging on. This is why AR is the best board around. Its OK to disagree with someone, but please remember to do it respectfully!!


    Sorry to vent,

    BLT

  2. #2
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    I'll second that BLT. PLEASE read the rules.Just because you saw someone do it on another board, or even on here for that matter, doesn't mean that's OK. I too have seen a recent increase in flame wars between members. It's in the rules. Read them.

    -moto

  3. #3
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Thanks MOTO!

  4. #4
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    Bump

  5. #5
    tycin's Avatar
    tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Edmonton
    Posts
    3,717
    agreed! almost every question a newbie asks gets some flame from someone! i thought that the point of this was to answer the questions

  6. #6
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    I know it does get frustrating when people ask the same questions over and over again, but we still need to be respectful, ESPECIALLY when it comes to our VETS. Instead of laughing at them or poking fun at new members, just point them in the right direction (educational forum, search button)
    Last edited by buylongterm; 11-07-2003 at 03:27 PM.

  7. #7
    tmeoe's Avatar
    tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    in the gym
    Posts
    467
    Just replying with a straight out flame is uncalled for as this board contains a very serious subject matter that deserves a serious answer. As for a little joke or dig in the ribs, is fine as long as it continued with an answer regarding the question. Also, if you don't know the answer to a question, please do not give false advice. I realize it is up to the individual to act upon any advice given on this board, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier when you don't have to second guess everyones opinion.

    I would like to thank all the bros that have given me solid advice and support.

    Good Post BLT.

  8. #8
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeoe
    Just replying with a straight out flame is uncalled for as this board contains a very serious subject matter that deserves a serious answer. As for a little joke or dig in the ribs, is fine as long as it continued with an answer regarding the question. Also, if you don't know the answer to a question, please do not give false advice. I realize it is up to the individual to act upon any advice given on this board, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier when you don't have to second guess everyones opinion.

    I would like to thank all the bros that have given me solid advice and support.

    Good Post BLT.

    Agreed. It's getting annoying when you have to read 5 pages of crap to find an answer.

  9. #9
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    Whoever started this thread is an F'ing idiot. WTF is the point of starting a thread about reading the rules. We know the rules. Unlike you who doesnt have enough brain cells to remember such things dont include us in your unintelligable thoughts.
    Not everyone on the board is as retarded as you. Give us a little more credit than that.
    BTW. This thread is in the wrong forum dipshit.

    Is that how a flame goes? I dont know what forum this was actually in either
    I LOVE YOU BLT IN A METRO SEXUAL SORTA WAY
    JK

  10. #10
    XBiker's Avatar
    XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    1,391
    Let's keep in mind that helping each other is what this game is all about.

    We were all newbies at some time, so follow the golden rule, bro's.

    For those of you that don't know it, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

  11. #11
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Whoever started this thread is an F'ing idiot. WTF is the point of starting a thread about reading the rules. We know the rules. Unlike you who doesnt have enough brain cells to remember such things dont include us in your unintelligable thoughts.
    Not everyone on the board is as retarded as you. Give us a little more credit than that.
    BTW. This thread is in the wrong forum dipshit.

    Is that how a flame goes? I dont know what forum this was actually in either
    I LOVE YOU BLT IN A METRO SEXUAL SORTA WAY
    JK
    Perfect example bro. I actually got mad reading it until I got to the smilies!

    Bump for reading the rules.

    -moto

  12. #12
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Whoever started this thread is an F'ing idiot. WTF is the point of starting a thread about reading the rules. We know the rules. Unlike you who doesnt have enough brain cells to remember such things dont include us in your unintelligable thoughts.
    Not everyone on the board is as retarded as you. Give us a little more credit than that.
    BTW. This thread is in the wrong forum dipshit.

    Is that how a flame goes? I dont know what forum this was actually in either
    I LOVE YOU BLT IN A METRO SEXUAL SORTA WAY
    JK

    You no knowledge, peam lovin bastard!!!! Who asked for your opinion in the first place?
    Yeah, thats how a flames goes..........(and we know how good you are at flaming)

    And you know I love you too is a sorta strange metal robot way!!!!

    BLT

  13. #13
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    You no knowledge, peam lovin bastard!!!! Who asked for your opinion in the first place?
    Yeah, thats how a flames goes..........(and we know how good you are at flaming)

    And you know I love you too is a sorta strange metal robot way!!!!

    BLT
    I agree,just wish he would change the avatar to Thanks giving,or something.Love ya bermich in a Viking kinda way. Hope this flaming stops,I like AR to much,and sick of all the disrespect going on around here.Just my .02

  14. #14
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    Quote Originally Posted by XBiker
    For those of you that don't know it, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

    I always thought it was " Do onto other BEFORE others can do onto you"

    So loving PEAM is considered a flame now? Damn. Wait til she hears you two said that. Shit is gonna hit the fan.

    I cant change the HALLOWEEN thing until I have about twenty minutes to redo my avatar. I saved ontop of the original, so now the Halloween text is the original pic. I need to redo the background and touch up some shit. It will have to do for now.

    BTW. Your guys impression of me will change when I actually post pics of my real self. No. I am not a robot. Sorry to let you guys down before hand. I will post pics in a month or so.

    Now go shove a log up your asses and leave me the F alone you tards. Im busy trying to romance baby peam.....

  15. #15
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    THERE. Its changed. Happy little girl??????

  16. #16
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    I say Bulls$it!!! Of course your a Robot!! Do you actually think we are that stupid? Your questioning our intelligence? I think you need to oil up that brain of yours. You robot, peam romancing, red eyed, terminating freak....

    See AR, this is what I'm talking about!!!! I think it's BAN time for Halloween boy!!!

  17. #17
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    THERE. Its changed. Happy little girl??????

    Wow, all of his circuits must be on overload!!! It's about time!!!! I thought It would be the 4th of July when he changed that avatar!!!!

  18. #18
    JohnnyB's Avatar
    JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Califas
    Posts
    9,265
    We're here to help each other. If you have the knowledge share it for others to learn, if you disagree debate it with respect, give your opinion or whatever studies you have. If you feel your not getting your point across don't resort to name calling it just weakens your opinion.

    I know I don't know everything, so I like to read studies people have to support their opinions. I've changed my mind on quite a few thing sense I've been on these boards. We're all learning, when you think you know it all, that's when you can get in to trouble by making an unhealthy choice.

    JohnnyB

  19. #19
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    We're here to help each other. If you have the knowledge share it for others to learn, if you disagree debate it with respect, give your opinion or whatever studies you have. If you feel your not getting your point across don't resort to name calling it just weakens your opinion.

    I know I don't know everything, so I like to read studies people have to support their opinions. I've changed my mind on quite a few thing sense I've been on these boards. We're all learning, when you think you know it all, that's when you can get in to trouble by making an unhealthy choice.

    JohnnyB
    Thats why he is the one, the only Johnnyb. Man, I couldn't agree more.

  20. #20
    bermich's Avatar
    bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,808
    BLT... Did you nail any of those g string wearing girls in your avatar?? Or did you nail all of em?

  21. #21
    johnsomebody's Avatar
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,428
    You gotta give AR a lot of credit though because they've banned any number of nutcase dudes and what flaming I've seen is pretty mild compared with some of the stuff I've seen elsewhere. I've seen newbies get completely incinerated over at EF, and there's no end to it sometimes, which is one reason I don't hang out there. And one of the reasons I enjoy hanging out here.

    I gotta say though that sometimes I'm not sure if a flip remark I may have made could have been taken as a flame. If a 19 year old asks if he should take gear and I say "Don't do it!!" (which I've done) is that a flame? He may take it that way but it's not intended to be.

  22. #22
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Thanks for the change tin man.....LMAO

  23. #23
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    BLT... Did you nail any of those g string wearing girls in your avatar?? Or did you nail all of em?

    Give me your email address, I will send you a pic!!!!

  24. #24
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    This post is a bit late....Calip gone...so sad

  25. #25
    motoxxxguy's Avatar
    motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,630
    Do you think this thread would have helped Calipso? A personal warning from Jason was not enough.

    -moto

  26. #26
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Do you think this thread would have helped Calipso? A personal warning from Jason was not enough.

    -moto
    Prob not, he asked for it

  27. #27
    BUYLONGTERM's Avatar
    BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,067
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    Do you think this thread would have helped Calipso? A personal warning from Jason was not enough.

    -moto

    Bro, if you get a personal warning from Jason, I'm not sure what more would of sent him a message to tone it down???? Thats like a lightening bolt almost hitting you while playing golf in the rain..You'd think he'd learn his lesson.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •