Ajax is offline Senior Member

Effectiveness of Thyroxine Sodium (Synthroid T4) vs Cytomel (T3) in a cutting stack?

I have found a lot of reference to using Clen /Cytomel in cutting stacks, but is it possible to substitute thyroxine sodium (Synthroid T4) for the Cytomel? Is the increased effectiveness of T3 a matter of quality or quantity? Will a larger dose of T4 have the same effect as T3 or does T3 act in a different manner?

The reason I ask is that I can get T4 in large quantities very cheaply and easily...

Mr. Africa is offline Junior Member
    yes it can be substituted for sure and i beleive t4 is far better then t3;as it has less impact on your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) then t3,even in medical practice t4 is favourable then t3,
    so you can use it for longer periods safely,but ofcourse the dose wont be the same like you should multiply the dosage of t3 x4
    so you might start with 200 mcg first week then 300 sec then 400
    for a few weeks then back to 200 then 100 then 50 then 25 and reducing the dose every 4 days.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to bump this and see if there were any more opinions on this topic. I have posted on a couple boards and I got conflicting and incomplete answers.

Any authorities on the subject out there?

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    go on fitnessboard and search for the same topic. i posted some pretty detailed descriptions of each. but to summarize:

t4 sucks. it's inactive. it needs to be turned into t3 by your deiodinase enzymes to be effective. you only have limited amounts of these enzymes. t4 is no easier on your tsh than t3. t4 has been more common in medicine than t3 because it's less catabolic to the muscles, but that's because it's just overall less effective at doing anything. that's why many more physicians are now switching over to t3 treatments. especially in cases of fibromyalgia patients where they are treated with 200-800mcg per day of t3 for years!!! their tsh resumes normal function anywhere from 6 months to 2 years after the t3 doses stop depending on the quantity and length of dosing.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    damn i miss doc evil

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Dr. Evil on this one. For BB purposes T3 is much better in almost every way.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Mr.Africa you are wrong T4 does a lot more supression to the TSH then T3, to top it of with it is an inactive form of thiroid and does need to get converted as mentioned above, i would deffinitely go with T3 over T4...but if you must 100mcg of T4 equals about 25mcg of T3, once the conversion is done, as you can see from thins it's about 1/4 as effective and as i said will suppress you even more and faster. I believe it's because if your T3 is high your body will first supress the enzymes needed to convert the T4 to T3, and if you T4 is high your body will suppress the TSH that allowes it to produce T4...i belive your bodys production of thiroid is upto 90% T-4 and a very small amount of T3...(i do not have the exact numbers in front of me, but i know it's something similar). i hope that makes some sence, it does in my head...XXL

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What would be the pattern of use for thyroxine (T4)? Is starting the first week at 150mcg enough? 200mcg? Since it has a longer active life than T3 - would it make sense to wait longer than you would T3 before increasing the dose further?

If anyone has used thyroxine to speed up metabolism before... care to share results?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Africa
    yes it can be substituted for sure and i beleive t4 is far better then t3;as it has less impact on your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) then t3,even in medical practice t4 is favourable then t3,
    so you can use it for longer periods safely,but ofcourse the dose wont be the same like you should multiply the dosage of t3 x4
    so you might start with 200 mcg first week then 300 sec then 400
    for a few weeks then back to 200 then 100 then 50 then 25 and reducing the dose every 4 days.
    Whoa! T-4
    I have NEVER heard Anyone say this, seriously. I have taken T-4 numerous times, always upping the dose, more and more everytime trying desparatly to make it work because I know a guy that can always get it for me, AND CHEAP, but I just don't see results from it. I've ramped up to 500 after only one week, then ran it for an additional month, and the results were for the most part pretty much Zilcho!
    I know you can run T-4 much longer and know guys that have, but if I don't see significant results in a month? Screw it!
    T-3 is IMO AT LEAST 3 times more effective, even at only 100-150 per day.
    I have about 15 blister packs of Uni-Pharma T-4 in my little Drug Drawer. and they'll stay there until somebody that won't listen to me wants to buy 'em!

T-4

T-3/ Clen/ ECA/CARDIO/DIET!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah - I can grab about a hundred of them (50mcg) for about $2.25 dollars... whenever... I am going to at least give 'em a chance. I have a relative with the worst hypothyroidism there is - she has none, it was removed. And if I am recalling correctly - she is prescribed Sythroid (T4).

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah - I can grab about a hundred of them (50mcg) for about $2.25 dollars... whenever... I am going to at least give 'em a chance. I have a relative with the worst hypothyroidism there is - she has none, it was removed. And if I am recalling correctly - she is prescribed Sythroid (T4).
    Yeah, I also have a relative that gets tons, plus know someone that can get me as much as I want, for dirt cheap, but it just doesn't work well for me.
    I wouldn't bother, but maybe you'll respond better to it than I. I have a good friend that admittedly says it's not that great, but he thinks it's still worth taking, so maybe you'll have better results. But I'm through with it.
    Good Luck!

Thread Information