Thread: Cycle Question

BIKER_GIXXER is offline New Member

Cycle Question

I've been told that I should take 2-3 months off between cycles. Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is on that. Also, I know that how you eat and train, will determine how much you keep when your off. How much can I expect to keep if my diet and training is 'on point' for the duration of the cycle?

Sus. 250/Deca (Sus. 250mg a week), (Deca, 300mg a week)
    8 weeks

Thanks guys!

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    time on = time off. it is a good rule to follow. this allows you to fully recover from the cycle. i usualy keep most of my size and strenght. i like to use creatine after a cycle to help keep the gains. and diet is the most important because you have a biiger body and it needs more calories to maintain that size so you need to up maintenance calorie level for your new muscle.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Since this looks like a 1st cycle question.

You should switch the test to enanthate or cypionate -long acting single esters would be better for a 1st cycle. Also bump the test dose to 500mg/wk. Always keep your test dose higher than your deca .

wks 1-10 test 500mg/wk
    wks 1-9 deca 300mg/wk
    start PCT week 12.

As for how long to stay off cycle general rule of thumb is Time on = Time off.

xxxl83
    Last edited by xxxl83; 11-09-2003 at 12:32 PM.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIKER_GIXXER
    I've been told that I should take 2-3 months off between cycles. Just wanted to know what everyone's opinion is on that. Also, I know that how you eat and train, will determine how much you keep when your off. How much can I expect to keep if my diet and training is 'on point' for the duration of the cycle?

8 weeks

Thanks guys!
    How old? how many cycles?
    Don't like the sus..Needs to be run 750 , .bump it up to 500mg at least and try to split doses 3x week. When running deca, important to keep test higher or you can be shut down hard which will hamper you keeping your gains post cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by BIKER_GIXXER

8 weeks

Thanks guys!
    Well, I'll get Flamed, but whatever.
    Time on=Time off, is great, as long as you don't Really want to get big.
    Straight up. This is a bad answer to give in the precense of newbies, but it's true.
    I outright Challenge you to show me a BBer that is holding their Pro Card, that takes 2-3 months off. If you can show me this person, and prove it, I'll show you the worlds most profound genetic freak!
    I know 2 guys that live near me, that switch off taking every local contest around here, and are still trying to go Pro, and I can tell you for SURE that one of them hasn't been actually "off" in OVER a year, and I seriously doubt that will change when he turns Pro, and starts landing more serious sponsors!

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    TSW,

Yes you're right but most people aren't trying to go pro. With that being said Time off only needs to be as long as it take you to recover. Get your blood work done and if your testosterone levels are good then go bak "on".

But as far as newbies are concerned Time on = Time off.

You also don't have to come off completely bridging is an option, you can still regain normal test levels and still be on by using a bridge.

On another note, no one ever said pro bodybuilding was a healthy sport. Now yes these guys do acheive their objectives but not by any healthy means what so ever.

Most people wouldn't be willing to take those measures.

xxxl83

Quote Originally Posted by xxxl83
    TSW,

Yes you're right but most people aren't trying to go pro. With that being said Time off only needs to be as long as it take you to recover. Get your blood work done and if your testosterone levels are good then go bak "on".

But as far as newbies are concerned Time on = Time off.

You also don't have to come off completely bridging is an option, you can still regain normal test levels and still be on by using a bridge.

On another note, no one ever said pro bodybuilding was a healthy sport. Now yes these guys do acheive their objectives but not by any healthy means what so ever.

Most people wouldn't be willing to take those measures.

xxxl83
    All true.

I especially like the part about once being recovered, you're set to go back on.
    The main reason I said what I did, is that I firmly believe most of the people that answer that question that way, don't do it themselves. (JMHO nothing more) And I just get a little weary of hearing it knowing how little it actually happens amongst the guys who are really making serious progress, leaving the Newbie, and Average guys pondering why in the heck they're not making the same progress, when they seem to be following all the rules, and giving forth such a strong effort.
    And I also think that the majority of guys that stay off so long do it because that is what they've always heard, I know that's the reason I always used to.
    You are especially correct about Newbies, and I believe this to be ten fold considering almost none of them are going to actually go to the Doc and get Blood Work done, therefore, absolutely Time on should = time off.I certainly didn't mean to lead anyone astray. And I may have gotten a little abrupt, but like I said earlier, when you're surrounded by 20-30 guys during any given week, that you KNOW aren't going to go "Off" very long, if at all, and all you hear is the Time on=Time off thing, you feel like you need to set the story straight for the sake of acurate justice if nothing else.
    But back to your point, just because "everybody's doing it" doesn't make it OK, and yes, there is most defenitely a price to pay for sure - Ask Flex!

Thread Information