Thread: western union?

crow169 is offline New Member

western union?

I have to send some money out via western union tommorow. I have a buch of question though. Where do you do it? how much does it cost? What is it (do they send out money or give you a check or something?) what kind of questions do they ask you?
    thanks for the help.

1. Many grocery stores have WU agents. If your not sure check the local phone book.
    2. Its usually a percentage of how much your sending. I believe its around 10-12% where I transfer from.
    3. You need to complete a 'WU Tranfer Funds' form. The receiver receives cash.
    4. They shouldn't ask you any if the form is completed correctly.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    You can also send the money using the WU website.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    Last Time I Sent Money Western Union For Steroids I Got Scammed. Be Careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please !!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    It wasn't WU that scammed you.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Exactly, just go in there do business and dont be all paranoid.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    It wasn't WU that scammed you.
    Exactly, last time I used Western Union I had a quick delivery of quality stuff. Look at who your dealing with, not the form of money transfer.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea but for an anonymous receiver, you have to put the secret question or mothers maiden name or something so he can get it without ID. You cant enter a secret question on the web page and must be done in person.

echobeach is offline Junior Member
    Since I've been using WU there's a couple of things I noticed.

1. they slap a couple of extra points on the exchange rate - there way of course!

2. if a WU transaction is 'out of the ordinary' for the place you are doing the transaction at (in person), you really need to take charge and tell the operator how to do it...for instance:

you don't need to procvide detailed info about the reciever - just a name, city and valid reciever ID is sufficient fot the UK (but the US may be different), and you as the sender DO NOT need to produce ID - again just a name and address is sufficient.

The reciever will need; the MTC number, the amount, the name of the sender and the location of the transaction in order to collect the funds at the other end.

Don't worry about getting scammed b/c its WU - it all comes down to your source.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Yea but for an anonymous receiver, you have to put the secret question or mothers maiden name or something so he can get it without ID. You cant enter a secret question on the web page and must be done in person.
    i just did a transaction with a source through wu and everything went very smoothly and i got exactly what i ordered and got it fast as hell. wu is a wire transfer so the money is there for your guy to pick up immidiately after the form is processed.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    just go to a greyhound bus station they usually have WU there.

steadygaining1 is offline Associate Member
    I will tell you this WU gets rich off guys like us. My last order they charged my 10%, I should have bought a plane ticket and paid in person.SG1

Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    I should have bought a plane ticket and paid in person.
    I agree. Its a F**KING RIP-OFF.

DANballs is offline New Member
    i use wu every time. just stay under $1000 cause if you go over youll have to show id.and if your reciever asks for a test question make shore the wu agent puts it in cause if not the reciever cant get the money. d

toolman is offline Banned
    Do not send money via their website. You have to use your real ID, credit card to do this. It leaves a trail. Go to the website to find a location nearest your zip code. You will be amazed to see all the places. Then, make sure your order is under $1,000 as you WILL BE REQUIRED to show ID if you are sending $1000 or more. Just go in with an alias, remember what that alias is so you can tell the reciever, and send away. It's expensive, but works for me every time.

asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    i fn hate wu....the lady at the counter forgot to add my question and it took a week of hageling for my source to get his $

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steadygaining1
    I will tell you this WU gets rich off guys like us. My last order they charged my 10%, I should have bought a plane ticket and paid in person.SG1
    yep i agree a rip off ... cost me $79.00 to send like $940.00..... why?.. i didnt borrow shit, in fact i gave cash, just a fucking rip off if you ask me ,..... i must add that there is no way faster however, to get money somewhere then Western Union but still the rates are crazy IMO......

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've used WU each time and have had no problems whatsoever. Gotta love the world wide web thing.

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member
    It cost me $21 to send only $65... a 35% tax is beyond ripoff and into assrape if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoisdaman
    It cost me $21 to send only $65... a 35% tax is beyond ripoff and into assrape if you ask me.
    I think the LESS you send....the MORE they rape you. WTF?!!

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    thats another reason i dont like wu, like if ur gear cost 1000$ u might as well save 1200. LOL !!!!!!

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    If you can think of another way to instantly and ANONYMOUSLY transfer any amount of money to anywhere in the world, and can do it for free, than you are in a position to bitch about WU transfer fees. WU is a business, one that is in operation to make money, and does this by charging transfer fees. They offer you a service, and you pay for it. I agree that sometimes it seems like you are getting the short end of the stick and paying out the ass, but it beats the hell out of your other options for transfering money. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you do use it, appreciate it for what it is: A service.

I don't know where the rant came from, but that's how I feel about it.

-moto

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    If you can think of another way to instantly and ANONYMOUSLY transfer any amount of money to anywhere in the world, and can do it for free, than you are in a position to bitch about WU transfer fees. WU is a business, one that is in operation to make money, and does this by charging transfer fees. They offer you a service, and you pay for it. I agree that sometimes it seems like you are getting the short end of the stick and paying out the ass, but it beats the hell out of your other options for transfering money. If you don't like it, don't use it. If you do use it, appreciate it for what it is: A service.

I don't know where the rant came from, but that's how I feel about it.

-moto
    well ok then.......lol.... i feel like buy a money order,..... send it express mail,...... and its there overnight ,...that service costs... $13.49 about ...shit if you mail it thursday , its there friday...... i like this way better and you get a tracking # to know when it was recieved and way more cheaper..... but like i said b4 ....if it has to be the very fastest way ,....... then Western Union would be the way to go then.......still hate using them!!!! ...lol

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by murph
    well ok then.......lol.... i feel like buy a money order,..... send it express mail,...... and its there overnight ,...that service costs... $13.49 about ...shit if you mail it thursday , its there friday...... i like this way better and you get a tracking # to know when it was recieved and way more cheaper..... but like i said b4 ....if it has to be the very fastest way ,....... then Western Union would be the way to go then.......still hate using them!!!! ...lol
    Good point but the sources I deal with won't touch money orders. Only WU. I just consider the high fees part of the expense of the gear. If money is so tight, you shouldn't be spending it on gear.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    No one sends cash through the postal service? I do. Love it. Can either go USPS overnight no sig required or even priority mail with delivery confirmation. I just buy the Overnight stamp and package out of the post office machine and drop it in the overnight box so I don't even have to talk to anyone. about $13.

Thread Information