musclehead1 is offline Member

need help with my health

hi everyone im new here. There seems to be a lot of useful info. here. Well i'll get right down to it, i have been sick for the last five years with ulcerative colitis (that is inflammation of the colon), before i got the sickness i was making good gains in the gym (people thought i was on roids at that time), i was weighing 150lbs ~11% bf. Since i got sick my weight has been all over the the map, first going down to 125lbs and then being put on steroids such as prednisone then my weight went up to 165 (mostly fat). I am still on prednisone currently weighing 140lbs. Now the side effects of prednisone are weight gain, soften of the bones (they break very easily), weakened arms and legs, etc... my strength has gone way down too iv been benchin 140lbs for like 6 months b4 i got sick i was benching 195lbs. now i was wondering if anyone else has this sickness that is taking AS and how is it working for them. and what steroids would be a good choice for someone like me (id rather not shoot) thanks

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    150 11%, why would they think you're on roids? are you 4 foot 9? how tall are you? anyways, i dont know much about UC, but you're on specific meds from your health care provider, and i wouldn't fuck around if i were in your shoes. you're on the medication for a specific reason, and taking other steroids may enteract with your current meds. nevertheless, if you choose to do so, take something that will increase bone density/calcium absorption, i think dbol is classic for that, i guess maybe dbol/deca , dbol/test...? however, if your bones are brittle and you're getting these great gains in muscle mass and strength, your chances of a bone spur or a tenden/ligament affecting the bone are much greater, its just not a good idea, you have confidentiality with your doc, go ask him his 'honest' opinions, and tell him to leave his negative stereotypes/stigmas regarding steroids out of the conversation...best of luck

dj

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    hi everyone im new here. There seems to be a lot of useful info. here. Well i'll get right down to it, i have been sick for the last five years with ulcerative colitis (that is inflammation of the colon), before i got the sickness i was making good gains in the gym (people thought i was on roids at that time), i was weighing 150lbs ~11% bf. Since i got sick my weight has been all over the the map, first going down to 125lbs and then being put on steroids such as prednisone then my weight went up to 165 (mostly fat). I am still on prednisone currently weighing 140lbs. Now the side effects of prednisone are weight gain, soften of the bones (they break very easily), weakened arms and legs, etc... my strength has gone way down too iv been benchin 140lbs for like 6 months b4 i got sick i was benching 195lbs. now i was wondering if anyone else has this sickness that is taking AS and how is it working for them. and what steroids would be a good choice for someone like me (id rather not shoot) thanks

lol thats funny 4 foot 9, no the reason they thought i was on roids was cuz i made gains really fast and i lived in a small town where u wouldn't see too many ppl workout ... how would windstrol be for my intestines?

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    How old are you?

Personally I wouldn't think of using anything til you've fully recovered from your condition and are off medication. And even then I'd stay natural for a while just to take advantage of my improved health.

im 20 now iv been working out since i was 12. The thing with my condition is that it doesn't go away theres no cure for it, but i have read that some people that benefit from prednisone get the same benefits from hGH. Would "anabolic 2000" be a good book for me to review and reseach?

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    musclehead..My strong recommendation is that you stay away from any non-prescribed steroids ..You are not going to get the benefits that you are looking for and you may also put your overall health at greater risk for deterioration..I would suggest a good clean diet, plenty of water, and maybe a few OTC supplements to help you in achieving you goals..Good Luck!!

Doc M
    Last edited by Doc M; 11-17-2003 at 10:26 AM.

Thread Information