JEO3 is offline Associate Member

Question What is the risk in not using clomid nolva only?

I was planning on taking nolvadex 30mg ed for two weeks pct
    and clomid 300/100/50 pct....but was told that nolvadex is enough. What is the risk of not taking clomid? Does nolva bring up natural test levels as well as lower estrogen?

brandon707 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEO3
    and clomid 300/100/50 pct....but was told that nolvadex is enough. What is the risk of not taking clomid? Does nolva bring up natural test levels as well as lower estrogen?
    clomid does raise natural test levels but blocks estrogen instead of lowering it(kind of like nolva). from my research i found out that clomid should always be used for pct and nolva for if gyno symptoms appear during or after a cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon707
    clomid does raise natural test levels but blocks estrogen instead of lowering it(kind of like nolva). from my research i found out that clomid should always be used for pct and nolva for if gyno symptoms appear during or after a cycle.
    That is what i have head as well. I was just currious if one could get the same effects from nolva only for pct. That is what some of the guys that train with me are telling me. None of them use clomid. So i am wondering if anyone on here use nolvadex only, and what the risk is there from omiting clomid.

by the way it is a test only cycle

500mg/week test enanthate
    First cycle

brandon707 is offline Junior Member
    That is what i have head as well. I was just currious if one could get the same effects from nolva only for pct. That is what some of the guys that train with me are telling me. None of them use clomid. So i am wondering if anyone on here use nolvadex only, and what the risk is there from omiting clomid.
    you know i really dont know if you get the same results from just nolva pct. i know they both work in a similar way. i am just gonna use clomid, because from what i have read it seems to be a perfect pct and nolva seems to be a great gyno reducer.

Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Keep Nolva on hand just in case you start to get gyno symptoms. Clomid should always be ran for PCT if you want to keep your gains and get your natural test producing. They are both essential.

Nolva alone IS NOT PCT, period.
    I'm tellin' ya, back in the day (make that WAY back in the day!) Nolva was very popular, and if you were lucky enough to know the right guy, HCG was also availible (I said WAY Back didn't I), there were other things, but this for the most part, was pretty much it.
    This Sucked, crashing was almost enevitable if you planned on taking what at the time was considered a "safe" time off.
    I won't Even CONSIDER PCT w/out Clomid anymore. In fact, I like to get a little extreme. I like to run it all, HCG/Clomid/Priv/Clen ....etc, all w/ Nolva as well - all the way through though.
    I can't even imagine spending all that money, working that hard, for that long, and then counting on just Nolva for my PCT battle.
    You can always find someone to disagree, but in my opinion, Nolva is a Bitch Tit/Female pattern Fat deposit Drug ONLY! JMO, but when it comes to this opinion, I'm in good company.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    I've read that nolva and clomid are very similar compounds. Also read that a study showed that nolva was much better at hpta recovery. Then again a lot of guys in here swear by clomid using the classic 300/100/50. There is many threads debating this topic in this forum. Check them out!!

I my self ran nolva only after my first cycle and I kept most of my gains. So I'm planning to do the same for my next cycle.

You might wanna check out BigCat's article on clomid/nolva:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catnolv.htm
    Last edited by SonGoku; 11-14-2003 at 05:31 AM.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    nolva is just as good as clomid. i would run both. i am curious as to why u cant run clomid ?

check this article out !

http://www.basskilleronline.com/nolvadex_vs_clomid.html

read this article and u will be fine !

cheers !

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't run nolva alone for PCT.............. It takes longer to recover HPTA fuctions if using nolva alone.

I like using Nolva and Clomid in PCT........... Nolva will help with keeping estrogen from rebounding as test levels are dropping......... if estrogen is rebounding durring PCT you will end having a hard time recovering.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    This is a debate that comes down to preference. Some like Clomid, other are afraid of the side effects and use only Nolva. The sides are way exaggerated, IMO. Clomid stimulates the body to release more LH and FSH to the testes for test production. Nolva does the same. Nolva also sensitises the testes to LH slightly, while some claim that Clomid does the opposite. It is negligible, if true. I would recommend using both. Clomid: 300/100/50, and Nolva 20mg/day. You can run nolva a little past the Clomid to take advantage of its sensitising effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    I've read that nolva and clomid are very similar compounds. Also read that a study showed that nolva was much better at hpta recovery. Then again a lot of guys in here swear by clomid using the classic 300/100/50. There is many threads debating this topic in this forum. Check them out!!

I my self ran nolva only after my first cycle and I kept most of my gains. So I'm planning to do the same for my next cycle.

Yeah, this is the article that lead me to believe that nolvadex was the better choice. I don't remember if it was this or another article in which he talks about the side effects of clomid, like eysight and acne and stuff. I think i'll try the nolva only way based on this study.

Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    nolva is just as good as clomid. i would run both. i am curious as to why u cant run clomid ?

check this article out !

http://www.basskilleronline.com/nolvadex_vs_clomid.html

read this article and u will be fine !

cheers !
    I can get clomid, but it's expensive here and the articles i've read seem to say that it is not really effective and that nolvadex performs the same results and at lower doses. I'v also seen friends use clomid and break out like crazy off of it. Even the article you have linked suggests that nolvadex is a better choice. I'm currious why some people run both, is it just to be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku

How was your natural test recovery using nolva only? Meaning, did your nuts get back to normal quickly? Nice quote by the way...

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I can get clomid, but it's expensive here and the articles i've read seem to say that it is not really effective and that nolvadex performs the same results and at lower doses. I'v also seen friends use clomid and break out like crazy off of it. Even the article you have linked suggests that nolvadex is a better choice. I'm currious why some people run both, is it just to be safe?
    Both have advantages. Clomid works faster. Nolva is twice as potent, but takes longer. Nolva also keeps estrogen rebound at bay.

Break outs are caused by hormonal imbalance, not by the Clomid. It is different with everyone, but mine wasn't that bad. It lasted only about a week, before my body adjusted (started producing a proportionate amount of test).

Again, I will always use both - and a lot of bros here will tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    Both have advantages. Clomid works faster. Nolva is twice as potent, but takes longer. Nolva also keeps estrogen rebound at bay.

Break outs are caused by hormonal imbalance, not by the Clomid. It is different with everyone, but mine wasn't that bad. It lasted only about a week, before my body adjusted (started producing a proportionate amount of test).

Again, I will always use both - and a lot of bros here will tell you the same.
    What other advantages are there to using clomid besides that it faster acting. How long does nolvadex take to kick in? Should one star pct sooner if using only nolva to give it time to kick in? thanks for your input...seems like it's one of those debates that has been going on for a while huh....

I am completely blown away by some of these posts.
    Don't get me wrong, there is never a day you couldn't find Nolva in my little goddie drawer, I use it "nearly" non-stop, but compared to Clo - no way, Not IMO, especially not ran alone for PCT. Years ago (many years ago!), when that's pretty much what was availible, I HATED coming off 'cuz Nolva alone just didn't cut it for me - Regardless of what this article says, or that article says, I KNOW from Experience that I personally need more than Nolva for PCT. During - always, but after.. uh-uh, I need more than that. I also like to start running Priv/clen starting the last week of my cycle....works great for me.

I think it's new, but have any of you tried that "Intermission" stuff from "Impact Solution" for pct... they say it will even make you grow when you go off your cycle by blocking cortisol..helps raise natural test levels etc...and it's otc....

www.anabolicstore.com

let me know what you think...i know it's kinda off topic, maybe i'll post a new thread about it, but if any of you have any experience with it let me know...

I think it's new, but have any of you tried that "Intermission" stuff from "Impact Solution" for pct... they say it will even make you grow when you go off your cycle by blocking cortisol..helps raise natural test levels etc...and it's otc....

www.anabolicstore.com

let me know what you think...i know it's kinda off topic, maybe i'll post a new thread about it, but if any of you have any experience with it let me know...
    I've never used it personally, but as a rule, I don't trust that crap, most of that what I call "Jeff Summers Scams" are just that.
    Now the bummer is, for all I know, some of those things you see in the OTC market MIGHT be good, but I'll never know unless 10 people I trust try it, 'cuz I don't trust anything from Skids like that. Half that crap cost as much or more than the real stuff anyway!
    JMO.

Thread Information