Thread: Hit a Vein

powr2lift is offline Junior Member

Hit a Vein

Hey guys,
    I thought I'd share this experience with you. I was injecting the right quad, using 1" 23 Gauge injecting 2 1/2ccs. I stuck the needle in and started to aspirate . It was a bit painful (not too bad) and started to throb a bit. I could tell that something just wasnt right. The pain slightly increased as I started to inject. I could really "feel" that something just wasnt right (most injects are smooth for me). I pulled the needle back out and blood shot out of the needle hole like a foutain. It looked like I had been shot or something. I usually bleed a little bit and the blood trickles down my leg but this really gushed out. I used my cotton swab to put pressure on the spot. Amazing after saturating the swab with blood the bleeding just stopped. It was like I injected through the vein and it built up pressure and as soon as I pulled it back through it just gushed. I have a small bruise in the area that I injected now. The only thing I felt I did wrong was my inject site was a bit too high. Anyone else have this happen before and how long before it is ok to hit the quad again? One other question is this, when I aspirate it almost "hurts" when I pull back on the plunger. I really have to work hard to pull back on it cause it feels like it has alot of resistance. I always aspirate but wonder if it is this hard for everyone to aspirate and pull back?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Going through veins happens sometimes and the first time you see it gush out is scary.......... As long as you aspirate and you are not IN the vein when you inject you are fine.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    One time I was injecting into my right quad, my whole quad seemed to jumped I stopped and pulled the needle out and blood came out pretty quick. Just glad I didn't auctually inject though.

RoideD is offline New Member
    could u die if you were to inject right into the vein.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoideD

No, you cannot die if you inject in a vein. Just remember to always aspirate . It happens to me sometimes. When I pull the needle out, I hit a vein and blood goes everywhere. I LOVE BLOOD!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoideD
    somewhat of a myth.. unless he had a really weak heart he wouldn't die. And if he had a really weak heart he shouldn't be doing steroids anyway. It sounds like you may have hit an artery and not a vein, because veins don't often spurt. What color was the blood? If it was a brighter red, you hit an artery. If you can inject into an artery and not worry about a pulmonary embolism because the blood doesn't go to the heart, it goes to the capillaries. The only problem would be the bleeding.

powr2lift is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    somewhat of a myth.. unless he had a really weak heart he wouldn't die. And if he had a really weak heart he shouldn't be doing steroids anyway. It sounds like you may have hit an artery and not a vein, because veins don't often spurt. What color was the blood? If it was a brighter red, you hit an artery. If you can inject into an artery and not worry about a pulmonary embolism because the blood doesn't go to the heart, it goes to the capillaries. The only problem would be the bleeding.
    It was a bright red color. Im still around so I guess I didnt do anything major. The blood really kinda "gushed out" instead of spurting but it stopped just as fast as it came, really weird. I hope my heart isnt weak, although when I see a cute puppy I want to cry (does that count).

J-sun is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powr2lift
    Hey guys,
    I thought I'd share this experience with you. I was injecting the right quad, using 1" 23 Gauge injecting 2 1/2ccs. I stuck the needle in and started to aspirate. It was a bit painful (not too bad) and started to throb a bit. I could tell that something just wasnt right. The pain slightly increased as I started to inject. I could really "feel" that something just wasnt right (most injects are smooth for me). I pulled the needle back out and blood shot out of the needle hole like a foutain. It looked like I had been shot or something. I usually bleed a little bit and the blood trickles down my leg but this really gushed out. I used my cotton swab to put pressure on the spot. Amazing after saturating the swab with blood the bleeding just stopped. It was like I injected through the vein and it built up pressure and as soon as I pulled it back through it just gushed. I have a small bruise in the area that I injected now. The only thing I felt I did wrong was my inject site was a bit too high. Anyone else have this happen before and how long before it is ok to hit the quad again? One other question is this, when I aspirate it almost "hurts" when I pull back on the plunger. I really have to work hard to pull back on it cause it feels like it has alot of resistance. I always aspirate but wonder if it is this hard for everyone to aspirate and pull back?
    I am not clear on something. You say you stuck the needle in and started to aspirate . Well what happened? Did you draw blood into the syringe? When you are truly in a vein, when you aspirate the plunger will draw back VERY easily and blood will fill the syringe quickly. It is very obvious. When you are in muscle, it is hard to draw back due to the pressure. It should not hurt when you aspirate, but you see what look like air bubbles in the syringe. If it is hard to pull back, this is good.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    It is always hard to pull back on the plunger, thats why I like quads because I can use 2 hands. Does anyone have any advice on why the plunger is hard to pull back?

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I have blood gush out for a couple of seconds after almost every injection. As long as you aspirate , you are fine. Just because blood comes out after the inject, it doesn't mean you injected into a vein.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    It is always hard to pull back on the plunger, thats why I like quads because I can use 2 hands. Does anyone have any advice on why the plunger is hard to pull back?
    The plunger is hard to pull back because you have created a vacuum.

realityarts is offline Member
    The plunger is hard to pull back because you are in muscle (...). When you go into a vein you can easily draw back the liquid (blood).

RA

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    OK, thanks guys, wish i didnt read that because tommorow mourning im popin 3cc into my right quad, thats, 1cc of prop, 1cc of cyp, 1cc of eq... NOw im not to excited to bang it in there

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I just got done with another shot in my quad.. GOD I love it!!!!! Bring on a bigger needle

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    If it is hard to pull back most likely you are fine. If you are in a vein, the blood pressure will make it easy to pull back on the plunger.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    I just got done with another shot in my quad.. GOD I love it!!!!! Bring on a bigger needle
    I just banged 3cc into my right quad, that went in easier than my ass... WORD BRING IT BABY BRING IT...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    I just banged 3cc into my right quad, that went in easier than my ass... WORD BRING IT BABY BRING IT...
    next time lubricate it and it will go in your ass a lot easier next time....I promise..

nusiot is offline Junior Member
    Bro if u want to Plunge a bit easier and inject easier, use a 21g x 1.5in Needle, there PERFECT, easy to aspirate and the quad can take the size no worrys. i recommend it

Thread Information