Thread: Doctors..

Troyboy is offline Associate Member

Doctors..

I have seen lots of posts about people not doing proper PCT and then crashing and wanting to goto the Doctor, however, they are worried about it and delaying going and potientally causing damage to their bodies. My point is, aren't Doctor bound to a code of ethics where they are not allowed to release any information if you tell them so?

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Yes, that is why people say go to the doctors and be honest for their own good.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy
    I have seen lots of posts about people not doing proper PCT and then crashing and wanting to goto the Doctor, however, they are worried about it and delaying going and potientally causing damage to their bodies. My point is, aren't Doctor bound to a code of ethics where they are not allowed to release any information if you tell them so?
    You are right they are bound by that code. I tell mine what I'm doing but then again I actually talk to my doc on a regular basis. Keep in mind I haven't run a cycle but I've been talking to him about it for some time now.

However, if you have HMO and the doc reports why you need certain tests or treatments it could effect your coverage. If you're footing the bills then no worries...............other than getting the standard lecture as to why you shouldn't do AAS.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Doctor's are bound by patient confidentiality rules that are quite stringent..The only reasons a Doctor should break this rule is if there is an imminent threat of harm to that person or another person, admission of a murder or sexual assault, child molestation, etc..Although these cases are rare, they do happen and as a Doctor the necessity to report these types of crimes supersede patient confidentiality..

Doc M

cb25 is offline Banned
    Yea - i think it's better safe than sorry, so no reason to not be honest w/ your doc. If they know what you're doing, despite what some of them think about it, they'll be able to better treat you.

On a side note - it's great having Doc M here to answer these types of questions - i haven't seen him around in a while (maybe i'm spending too much time in the lounge ) but he always adds great advice/info to these threads...

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Again, I think the biggest reason people don't want to tell their Dr.'s is because it might void the insurance. when my Dr. asked what I've taken since I was off AS, I told him HGH. He said "I'll pretend I didn't hear that for insurance purposes"

Thread Information