goldenFloyd is offline Member

Accutane fucking up joints on cycle?

I have heard on this board that Accutane will "dry out" your joints and make you more prone to injury.... hence do not use it with a cycle because you will just put more stress on joints and have a better chance of an injury.

Is there any truth to the "drying out" and being more susceptible to injuries while on accutane?

I am not cycling.

popa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenFloyd
    I have heard on this board that Accutane will "dry out" your joints and make you more prone to injury.... hence do not use it with a cycle because you will just put more stress on joints and have a better chance of an injury.

Is there any truth to the "drying out" and being more susceptible to injuries while on accutane?

I am not cycling.
    accutane drys you out and stops oil production in your body as for your joints, sure it might I never had any problems with it and I've gone on accutane 4-5 times

Quote Originally Posted by goldenFloyd

I am not cycling.
    i have heard from many friends cycling while on acutane complaining about joint pain in the wrists and elbows, as for cycling(even though you're not) acutane is hard on the liver and i wouldn't reccomend using any orals while on acutane, you're only atmost supposed to take acutane twice in your life and combined with harsh orals could be really bad on your liver.

why do you say at most twice in your life? I don't know about others, but if I am not taking all sorts or crazy herb shit (milk thistle included) or drinking alcohol, I've noticed that accutane doesn't raise my liver levels at all. I'm worried because I am still training heavy and on certain movements like dumbell overhead triceps with 100+ dumbells my elbows are starting to hurt... I am not sure it is the weight, the accutane, the new exercise, or some combination of all three. I just don't want to end up with a tear anywhere. Thanks for the feedback.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I would not lift heavy regularly while on accutane. When I was on it I did discuss this with my doctor, and while he was not seriously concerned, he did confirm that accutane weakens your connective tissue. It is temporary, but I wouldn't push it and risk injury.

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    I am currently on accutane and cycling. I haven't experienced any joint pain and I left heavy every workout. I'll bump for more responses

as an update - my elbows are getting a little tender at times, but nothing too too bad.

Thread Information