Solrock is offline Member

Question Vets - Testosterone water retention question

I have searched for this info, but cannot seem to find the exact information spelled out on the relationship between testosterone and water retention.

The water retention and bloat from testosterone:

1) Is this CAUSED by the testosterone itself BEFORE it aromatizes,

OR

2) Is the bloat and water retention a RESULT of testosterone aromatizing into estrogen

OR

3) A combination of #1 and #2

IF it is a result of #2, then theoretically if I take Arimdex and/or Femara (Letro) at a sufficient dose, there should be NO water retention or bloat... regardless of the testosterone I take, whether it be Test-E or Sust or Prop.

Correct???

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    arimidex will prevent estrogen conversion altogether and thus will minimize bloat

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a side from estrogen called edema

L-dex is one anti-e that will help with bloat...... I would not use femera unless you are certain you are prone to gyno........ Femera has been know to lower sexual drive in some.
    Last edited by TheMudMan; 11-24-2003 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks for the prompt responses.

I guess what I want to know is if it is INEVITABLE that there will be bloat and water retention with test, even if I take MASSIVE doses of L-Dex?

Or, in a hypothetical way, lets assume that I have taken the perfect amount of l-dex to prevent the all of the test in my system from aromatizing, will there still be bloat?

I'm sorry to keep asking similar question, I guess I don't know how to ask exactly what I am thinking. But I'll know the answer when I read it.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    L-dex, femera, proviron ............. are supposed to keep testosterone from aromatizing....... now I'm taking .25 L-dex with 10mg of nolva (keeps estrogen from binding to receptor sites) ED and I'm bloating slightly but nowhere the amount I did last cycle only using 20mg Nolva ED....... the bloat I'm seeing could be that the l-dex is letting some aromatizing to happen or it could be from all the food I'm eatting. Hopefully someone has a better answer for you.

I guess if you knew the perfect dose that you needed to take to keep the test from aromatizing..... then no there should be no bloat. I wouldn't worry to much if you bloat a bit........ some aromatizing is good.......

Thanks MudMan. You mentioned something in your earlier post that piqued my interest about Femara REDUCING sex drive. interesting... I didn't know this.

Thread Information