Donovan is offline New Member

insulin a risk??

ive heard from so many of you out there on how you should stay away from insulin if you can and how it can kill you and how its sooooo bad . . . so excuse me if this sounds as simple as it probably does. ive been doing slin for over a month after every workout or sometimes in the morning instead and im still here. i didnt get a book or do tons of research i just asked someone i knew and was told 7 table spoons of dextrose 20 mins after the shot and a large meal of protein and carbs 40 minutes after that. i feel great and its making a good difference in my body im doing 10 units/ed. now am i just immune to the super deadly killing drug or is it just far more simple than most make it out to be- im not being synical im really curious whats up

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say you are not immune to it, but you have your stuff in line. If you told the average person, especially one who was relatively new to gear and bodybuilding, they would have difficulty at first, and this is the dangerous part. Test won't kill you, but insulin shock or hypoglacemia will. This is why it is best to be very careful when using insulin. The cost of a very simple mistake in timing your carbs can be deadly. No one wants to hear about anyone dying. Ever.

-moto

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I would say you are not immune to it, but you have your stuff in line. If you told the average person, especially one who was relatively new to gear and bodybuilding, they would have difficulty at first, and this is the dangerous part. Test won't kill you, but insulin shock or hypoglacemia will. This is why it is best to be very careful when using insulin. The cost of a very simple mistake in timing your carbs can be deadly. No one wants to hear about anyone dying. Ever.

-moto
    well its nice to hear someone speak of it as it is for once.now is there anything i should look out for i feel no symptoms of anything- ever. i dont suppose i could be doing this wrong and slowly killing myself without even knowing it oooor . . ..

I've never used insulin , but I do get hypoglacemic sometimes. A light-headed feeling, clammy skin, and a dry mouth are all early signs. If you do something about it at this time, you stop the problem from elevating. If you ignore these initial signs, the situation can worsen rapidly, with the worst-case resulting in shock and death in a matter of a few minutes. Insulin is not a toy,a nd should be highly respected.

-moto

Signs and symptoms of hypogycemia include weakness, headache, extreme hungar, problems with vision, loss of muscle coordination, anxiety, personality changes, and if untreated delirium, coma, and sometimes death. If any or some of these S/S start to occur immediately consume something to eat or drink something sugary(soda, OJ, etc.). I agree with motx in that insulin is NOT a toy and shouldn't be cycled without proper knowledge of this hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by 01dragonslayer
    Signs and symptoms of hypogycemia include weakness, headache, extreme hungar, problems with vision, loss of muscle coordination, anxiety, personality changes, and if untreated delirium, coma, and sometimes death. If any or some of these S/S start to occur immediately consume something to eat or drink something sugary(soda, OJ, etc.). I agree with motx in that insulin is NOT a toy and shouldn't be cycled without proper knowledge of this hormone.
    not a toy granted.i realize the importance of doing this right however contrary to what all the "experts" on this site have been saying, using insulin properly is far from hard

I don't know that they necessarily say that it is "hard", but rather, everyone stresses the importance of knowing exactly what you are doing, what the warning signs are, and how to correct anything that may go wrong. Nothing's really "hard" if you know what you are doing and how to do it right.

-moto

BDTR is offline Retired
    I use slin and i'll tell you that the dangers of slin are far UNDERRATED. People say DNP is deadly... sure it can be, but find me a death where other drugs weren't involved. Slin on the other hand can kill you right where you stand, even if you do everything right. I remember going severely hypo and almost passing out wiht my workout partner on the way home. I had done everything right, absolutely everything. I could not get out of hypo no matter how hard i tried, this was only one 10 ius of slin. So please.. dont tell me its not dangerous, it is and people NEED to fear what it can do to you.

Mclaren_v12 is offline Junior Member
    Ya, insulin is kinda dangerous if your blood sugar drops below a certain level not only are you at risk of DYING, but your body is breaking down muscle to balance out you insulin level.

Seems like your doing alright though, just don't over do it

Quote Originally Posted by motoxxxguy
    I don't know that they necessarily say that it is "hard", but rather, everyone stresses the importance of knowing exactly what you are doing, what the warning signs are, and how to correct anything that may go wrong. Nothing's really "hard" if you know what you are doing and how to do it right.

-moto
    I agree. Its not necessarily 'hard', but as motox mentioned, its just matter of proper dosing and timing. I know that many insulin users take their injection right after working out(meaning before they even leave the gym). What would happen if your glocose levels drop dramatically while driving home. Your altered mental status could possibly cause an accident. Or say you get a flat. The timing of your carbs are crutial and in a situation like that....your f**cked. It does sound like you cycle your insulin correctly because of your achievements, but keep in mind the importance of your diet and dosing. I'm not saying I'm against the use of insulin, its just that I don't want to take the chance. IMO the risks out weight the benefits.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I understand that glucophage (a pill that type II diabetics take) can be used instead of insulin . . . supposedly it increases sensitivity to the insulin you already have. The pill works for several hours, and won't cause any problems.
    One of the things HGH does is lower sensitivity to insulin, so it seems to me a good idea to take a bit of glucophage along with the HGH to even things out.
    Have no idea how this compares with taking insulin shots, anyone have any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I understand that glucophage (a pill that type II diabetics take) can be used instead of insulin . . . supposedly it increases sensitivity to the insulin you already have. The pill works for several hours, and won't cause any problems.
    One of the things HGH does is lower sensitivity to insulin, so it seems to me a good idea to take a bit of glucophage along with the HGH to even things out.
    Have no idea how this compares with taking insulin shots, anyone have any thoughts?
    yes the reason i have started taking insulin is because im 6 weeks into my HGH cycle ( of a four and a half month cycle of 4 iu everyday ) im doing some enanthate with it and small amounts of dbol . pill vs. shots? i have no idea i hope someone does

Do a search for glucophage. I found a lot of info and opinions on it.

-moto

shorty2big is offline Member
    is it hard, not really, not for someone who is educated enough to use it in a responsible matter. Even then, your body can have a different reaction all of the sudden. Switching from humalog to "R", being on juice while you use slin, etc. , all can cause a different reaction from what you might be use to. I use slin and will continue to use it. Would I ever tell anyone to use it, no, that has to be their choice. Make no mistake about it though, slin can kill you right there. Educate yourself, be prepared with some sort of juice or quickly digestable food, always have that handy at any time you are using slin. Be carefull brothers and sisters.
    S2B

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    One of the things HGH does is lower sensitivity to insulin,
    ==========

Just read something in "Grow Young with HGH" by Dr. Ronald Klatz (head of some anti-aging group) about my previous statement . . .

Seems that HGH does indeed lower insulin sensitivity at first, but after 4-5 months, the sensitivity returns to normal. So . . . if you're shooting an amount of insulin that works well to start, keep in mind you're going to have a different reaction to the same dose a few months down the road.

Wonder how many other surprises there are . . . it's always something . . .

Thread Information