Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    panzer is offline Junior Member

cypionate once/week?

HI guys....girls.
    had a guy tell me that its ok to do only one shot per week of cyp
    2cc's..250/ml so 500ml shot (pretty good math eh!)
    what do you think?
    I have always read two or three shots per week to keep blood stable..hes defence is tht cyp is longer lasting and once is enough.
    I like th idea of only poking once a week but unsure.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by panzer
    HI guys....girls.
    what do you think?
    I have always read two or three shots per week to keep blood stable..hes defence is tht cyp is longer lasting and once is enough.
    thanks
    you should slpit mon, thurs or something like that, are you scared of poking yourself a lot. i though it would be hard im on my first cycle with prop and eq and i shoot eq mon, thurs and prop 100mg eod and i still want to inject more often, i guess i kind of like it.

Nailer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer
    HI guys....girls.
    what do you think?
    thanks
    run the Cyp @ 250mg E3D

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    run the Cyp @ 250mg E3D
    I concur

chevy44 is offline Member
    unless ur deathly scared of shooting urself, u shoud shoot twice a week which keeps ur blood levels stable!

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    It's possible to shoot it once a week, but twice is better. Many HRT patients get once a week cyp shots from their doctors so it couldn't be too bad.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle
    It's possible to shoot it once a week, but twice is better. Many HRT patients get once a week cyp shots from their doctors so it couldn't be too bad.
    yea, techincally, you can shoot once a week (or every two weeks for some, i believe) but this is usually for HRT or under Doc's supervision. What we deal with is different, where we want steady blood levels and optimal results...shoot 2x/week...or E3D like pheed and Nailer said...you'll be happier that way...

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzle

HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) patients get weekly shots of a long lasting ester of testosterone (cyp or enan) ranging from 100mg - 200mg every week.

A good rule of thumb is: Anything above 250mg should be split into more than one shot. This is not an unbreakable rule, but you would be better off following this rule to keep your testosterone level as steady as possible.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-25-2003 at 10:35 PM.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    My last cycle I shot my Test once a week. This time around I'm doing it 2 times a week. I will let you know if I like it better!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    My last cycle I shot my Test once a week. This time around I'm doing it 2 times a week. I will let you know if I like it better!
    Dont you like run out of injection spots after a while? There are just some places I dont want to shoot at, like pecs, traps, lats; glutes, delts and biceps are hard to do with one hand, calf is easy to get to but man is that a painful place, my **** foot swells up everytime I try to do calf, this week its the other **** foot... but I keep doing calfs because I cant comfortably get more then about 2.5 CC's in a 3 CC syringe. Quads take 2.5 CC's or probably 3 very well, but I need 3 CC's a week so I do 2.5 in quads and a 1/2 CC in calf. I try to put as much in quad at a time because I want to alternate between then so I dont shoot the same spot more then every other week. Plus I am trying to lay off my glutes because my first 6 weeks I was hitting glutes exclusively and starting feeling more pain and toughness in the glute so I am trying to hit other spots to let the glutes heal before getting too much of scar tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Dont you like run out of injection spots after a while? There are just some places I dont want to shoot at, like pecs, traps, lats; glutes, delts and biceps are hard to do with one hand, calf is easy to get to but man is that a painful place, my **** foot swells up everytime I try to do calf, this week its the other **** foot... but I keep doing calfs because I cant comfortably get more then about 2.5 CC's in a 3 CC syringe. Quads take 2.5 CC's or probably 3 very well, but I need 3 CC's a week so I do 2.5 in quads and a 1/2 CC in calf. I try to put as much in quad at a time because I want to alternate between then so I dont shoot the same spot more then every other week. Plus I am trying to lay off my glutes because my first 6 weeks I was hitting glutes exclusively and starting feeling more pain and toughness in the glute so I am trying to hit other spots to let the glutes heal before getting too much of scar tissue.
    its a big price to pay to keep your testosterone level as steady as possible. ---well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Nailer
    its a big price to pay to keep your testosterone level as steady as possible. ---well worth it
    Yea but do you really roller coaster the testosterone that much? Myself I'd almost swear I feel more testosterone like effects between 3 to 7 days after an injection, but then again maybe this is why I feel less on days 0 thru 2? I have my greatest "big woody mornings" at about the 3, 4 and 5th day after injection. Sometimes I dont get the big woody morning the day after an injection at all... strange...

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    yep, longest i'd go between shots running test is 4 days...at the maximum...cyp. does have a longer half life then most other test esters but that half life is only 36 to 48 hours depending on pontency...

go 250mgs every 4 days at the maximum

correct me if i'm wrong bros

calidude is offline Senior Member
    switch from one ass cheek to another

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    yep, longest i'd go between shots running test is 4 days...at the maximum...cyp. does have a longer half life then most other test esters but that half life is only 36 to 48 hours depending on pontency...

running cyp at 250mg E3D provides a more consistant release of hormone rather than having a 2x basis where you'll have 3day/4day alternation in administration.

learned that thanks to Pheedno.

I believe test enanthate and cyp have half life of 10 days and are known to continue releasing testosterone from each muscle "deposition" for up to 32 days, which is why the famous 4 to 5 week "kick-in" for these two esters.

Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    switch from one ass cheek to another
    Done that, but even those muscles get tough... plus I have incredible difficulty doing glute myself... I had a medical dude helping me but I think his conscience caught up with him and he doesnt want to help... plus he thinks I shouldnt run a cycle for more then 7 weeks and any more is a bad mistake... so I am on my own now but I think I can finish out my cycle on my quads which are still fresh meat as far as injection zone...

lol..i agree with you nailer...i'd keep that test in my system as long as possible...

ntpadue... i agree also, but just from my experience with test, i'd shoot it at least every 4 days, lol..i agreed on every 3 days, cause it valleys bro, and when you keep a constant high level of test in your system, i myself, maybe others...experience much better results... rather then actually waiting untill all the test is released... and then having to start all over again...

when it got to difficult for me to shoot in my glute...<god honest truth> i was too big to reach around... i just started shooting in my delt...delts are the easiest for me...

panzer is offline Junior Member

thanks

thanks for all the help! I will do the 2/week and post my results.

Monster,

What you've written above is not quite correct:

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the UPJOHN nurse and pharmacy staff talking to them about testosterone cypionate (Depo-Testosterone ), so what I'm saying about testosterone is not guesswork or hearsay, it is fact. NOTE: Upjohn is the manufacturer of Depo-Testosterone (brand name of cypionate ). Upjohn has a customer nursing and pharmacy staff to answer technical medical questions about their products.

NOTE: Everything here also applies to enanthate .

The testosterone from one shot of cypionate can stay active in the body for AT LEAST two weeks, this is why some doctors will prescribe 200mg shots every other week for hormone replacement therapy. The information insert that comes with the Depo-Testosterone indicates the following for Dosage and Administration: "For replacement in the hypnogonadal male, 50mg - 400mg [of cypionate] should be admnistered every two to four weeks." As I've mentioned in other posts, doctors who have taken time to learn a lot about HRT usually prescribe 100-200mg every 1-2 weeks to keep the testosterone levels relatively constant.

The "half-life"** of tesosterone is far more than 36-48 hours. This idea of the half life being so short probably comes from people guessing that since they experience the greatest effects of a shot approximately 6 days after a shot, then the half-life** must be 36-48 hours. Here's the real deal: According to the nurses, testosterone cypionate will be at it's maximum concentration in the male body 6 days after the shot, after that it slowly tapers off. Just like everything in life, the way cyp enters and leaves the body cannot be represented by a perfect (symmetrical) curve. In other words, just because it takes 6 days for maximum concentrations to be reached, does not mean that it will leave your body in exactly 6 days after maximum concentration.

**--Edited CORRECTION by BASK8KACE: These terms should be "active-life"

If a person is planning on doing 500 mg of testosterone per week, then (if you do the math) taking 250mg of cyp every 4th day is the equivalent of taking 500 mg every 7 days. Because cyp is a long lasting ester, there is not going to be a huge difference in your hormone levels if you take a 250mg shot every Monday/Thursday rather than every 4 days.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-26-2003 at 12:34 PM.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Monster,

What you've written above is not quite correct:

I've spent a lot of time on the phone with the UPJOHN nurse and pharmacy staff talking to them about testosterone cypionate (Depo-Testosterone ), so what I'm saying about testosterone is not guesswork or hearsay, it is fact. NOTE: Upjohn is the manufacturer of Depo-Testosterone (brand name of cypionate ). Upjohn has a customer nursing and pharmacy staff to answer technical medical questions about their products.

NOTE: Everything here also applies to enanthate .

The testosterone from one shot of cypionate can stay active in the body for AT LEAST two weeks, this is why some doctors will prescribe 200mg shots every other week for hormone replacement therapy. The information insert that comes with the Depo-Testosterone indicates the following for Dosage and Administration: "For replacement in the hypnogonadal male, 50mg - 400mg [of cypionate] should be admnistered every two to four weeks." As I've mentioned in other posts, doctors who have taken time to learn a lot about HRT usually prescribe 100-200mg every 1-2 weeks to keep the testosterone leves relatively constant.

The "half-life" of tesosterone is far more than 36-48 hours. This idea of the half life being so short probably comes from people guessing that since they experience the greatest effects of a shot approximately 6 days after a shot, then the half life must be 36-48 hours. Here's the real deal: According to the nurses, testosteron cypionate will be at it's maximum concentration in the male body 6 days after the shot, after that it slowly tapers off. Just like everything in life, the way cyp enters and leaves the body cannot be represented by a perfect (symmetrical) curve. In other words, just because it takes 6 days for maximum concentrations to be reached, does not mean that it will leave your body in exactly 6 days after maximum concentration.

If a person is planning on doing 500 mg of testosterone per week, then (if you do the math) taking 250mg of cyp every 4th day is the equivalent of taking 500 mg every 7 days. Because cyp is a long lasting ester, there is not going to be a huge difference in your hormone levels if you take a 250mg shot every Monday/Thursday rather than every 4 days.
    Good info............

The next time I run a long actting ester like cyp or enan I want to try ED or EOD with the AS......... since I run gear that I inject ED in my cycles anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Good info............

The next time I run a long actting ester like cyp or enan I want to try ED or EOD with the AS......... since I run gear that I inject ED in my cycles anyway

Thanks, TheMudMan. I'm glad it helped. It will be interesting to see what happens when you shoot cyp or enan every day. I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

When you do it, please post your observations.

Well i stand corrected, i was just advising shooting every 3-4 days rather then once every seven days, because i MYSELF noticed a difference in strength and size gains, when i shot 750mgs every 7 days, i had good strength, and mass gains...lol as well as ALOT of water retention, but when i researched a lil more, i decided to shoot it every 4 days because i thought my test levels were dropping before my next shot... maybe that was in my head. When i began shooting every 4 days: i felt a much more sustaned appetite, strength, etc. etc. throughout my cycle...

bro upjohn is the best shizzle on the market as far as test, I havn't been able to find that as of yet, but i'm sure they're test stays at its dosage for a good 6 days, then drops off... I'm just commenting on my experience. i wish i could get my hands on that stuff... american made, and they have their own help line... that would be worth the $$$$$

thank you for correcting me bro

good luck guys

Monster,

I was mainly focusing on the half-life part of your response. As I stated in one of my posts earlier in this thread, it is better to divide any dose greater than 250mg per week into two or more shots per week. So you are correct about dividing 750mg into more than one shot per week.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-26-2003 at 11:41 AM.

thank you for corrcecting me, that was inaccurate info...sorry guys

Thanks, TheMudMan. I'm glad it helped. It will be interesting to see what happens when you shoot cyp or enan every day. I haven't heard of anyone doing that.

When you do it, please post your observations.
    No problem..............

My biggest concern and I don't know if it will help my situation is the acne from my cycles....... I'm thinking if I go about it where I have my blood levels steady throughout the cycle maybe I will break out less. Just a thought I had and it can't hurt if anything it might help.

I find that acne shows up on me when there are fluctuations in my testosterone levels : At the beginning of my cycle, when levels are increasing; at the end of my cycle when levels are decreasing; and whenever I've used a short acting ester mid-cycle*.

*--Clarification:
    I'm not at the point yet where I'm willing to shoot prop ED. So, as an experiment, I used Androgel , which hits your system about 3-4 hours after application (I don't want to hi-jack Panzer's thread here so I won't go into great detail here). Let it suffice to say, it leaves your body approximately 24-48 hours after application (I cannot remember the exact time) and it gives a prop-like effect.

Anyway...During the stretch of my cycle when I used Androgel is when I experienced the most acne. So, perhaps it's the prop that's causing the acne to manifest, since it causes the most fluctuation in your system. You're right--your body might be very sensitive to the horomone fluctuations.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-26-2003 at 12:03 PM.

One more thing before I get blasted for using Androgel ...

I don't recommend it as a substitute for prop. I was experimenting with several things. I will say this, though:

When I used Androgel, I was a raging hardon 24/7. It made a very noticible difference in that area.

Your, right--your body might be very sensitive to the horomone fluctuations.
    Again more good info......... and yes I know I'm very sensitive to fluctuations in my hormonal balance .............................. I don't want to take over the thread as well............ but thanks for the time and info BASK8KACE

when it got to difficult for me to shoot in my glute...<god honest truth> i was too big to reach around... i just started shooting in my delt...delts are the easiest for me...
    Yea I am not the biggest guy around but the 25 lbs I've taken on over the last 8 weeks has made me, well lets say my flexibility sucks lately and I just cant get my arms around there like before cycle... I need to work on stretching my arms some as I can understand this thing they call being muscle bound... there are reaches for my arms and such that I used to have no problems with, now I just cant stretch my arms to those locations the same way.

Their is a difference between half-life and active life people. It's a common mistake to refer to active as half. I have been guilty of this many times

When you are recommending clomid 2wks, 3wks, etc. The basis on this recommendation is in reference to active life of the steroid , not half life.

Cyps half life is about 4 days. Roughly 4x that is active life

naw bro...just go in the meatiest part of your delt, there should be some pictures up on the board to show you exactly where...cause i'll tell you, thats way better then struggling to reach around, and shoot myself... lol..i always used to worry about breaking the pin off in my azz also...

Well i stand corrected, i was just advising shooting every 3-4 days rather then once every seven days, because i MYSELF noticed a difference in strength and size gains, when i shot 750mgs every 7 days, i had good strength, and mass gains...lol as well as ALOT of water retention, but when i researched a lil more, i decided to shoot it every 4 days because i thought my test levels were dropping before my next shot... maybe that was in my head. When i began shooting every 4 days: i felt a much more sustaned appetite, strength, etc. etc. throughout my cycle...

bro upjohn is the best shizzle on the market as far as test, I havn't been able to find that as of yet, but i'm sure they're test stays at its dosage for a good 6 days, then drops off... I'm just commenting on my experience. i wish i could get my hands on that stuff... american made, and they have their own help line... that would be worth the $$$$$

thank you for correcting me bro

good luck guys
    Well I been doing my shots all at once every 7 days... sometimes I did it a day late, other times a day early, I couldnt detect much difference, except it day early followed a week I was a day late (only 5 days between injects) then I'd get a acne outbreak because of test surge... Well I went ahead and did 250 mg today which is 3 days early... and the rest for this week on Sat to see if there really is a difference... since this 250 mg is on the "ahead" side... I am really feeling GREAT today... I can really feel being WAAAY ahead on testosterone ... feels quite nice actually, if I can stop this feeling like I want to giggle all the time and I kind of sense tommorrow I am just not going to be able to get rid of the morning hard on. Plus one thing about the extra testosterone... Darn I am hungry like I aint been in a long time! Gotta get down to Wendy's and get me a couple double cheese burgers for lunch or something... Wow, if your appetite just isnt happening for you on cycle, just up the testosterone a little, that surely takes care of it!
    Last edited by Ntpadude; 11-26-2003 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Their is a difference between half-life and active life people. It's a common mistake to refer to active as half. I have been guilty of this many times

When you are recommending clomid 2wks, 3wks, etc. The basis on this recommendation is in reference to active life of the steroid , not half life.

cyps active life, in other words: the length of time cypionate stays active in the body is 4 x's its half life which is 16 days... <<4 x's 4>>

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno

Thanks, Pheedno, for the fine tuning. You're right. I've written the definitions below.

Half-life: the time required for half the amount of an agent (e.g., drug, virus, cell type) to be eliminated from the body.

Active-life: the time an agent has a defined effect on the body.

cyps active life, in other words: the length of time cypionate stays active in the body is 4 x's its half life which is 16 days... <<4 x's 4>>
    Roughly

So, Monster, I stand corrected. I was talking about active-life; you were talking about half-life.

lol...i got confused for a sec...but i was off by a day or two...haha

no prob bros...cleared that one up thanks pheen

So, Monster, I stand corrected. I was talking about active-life; you were talking about half-life.
    Absolutely... the reason for the 5 week kick in for test enth and cyp is you are still getting free testosterone releases from your first injection on week #5, this is why low response in first few weeks because still half of the injection is not available to your body even after 2 weeks after your injection. After 5-6 weeks then you are getting releases from multiple injection sites at the same time and you start really feeling a nice ride on a lot of steadily available testosterone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information