sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member

gym in the AM or PM ?

What is better for results, working out early in the morning or late in the afternoon. I have heard different. And I have heard it dont matter!!

eshestun is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    its up to the person, i personally like to workout in the late afternoon or evening, just because i have more food and energy in me

what he said

BDTR is offline Retired
    PM... It's when im strongest. I lose about 4 reps off my bench when in the AM.

Gilster is offline Member
    I prefer to lift in the PM but schedule does not permit it. Mostly do it first thing in the AM like 6 am usually, except weekends when I can go at night late like 10pm sometimes and I have the place to me alone..You are MUCH stronger and have more stamina in the PM definitely.

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    i have no choice but to workout in the am due to my classes during the day. actually i go to one class first then workout . but it is still in the morning. and i usually only eat one meal before. 100 g carbs so i have enough energy. but back in the summer when i worked out after work i felt soooo much better !

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    what ever's clever!

Sometimes I work out in the am then go home and sleep for 5 or 6 hours and go back for a pm work out.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I prefer the AM just because I feel the most rested then, but I don't see much difference in my workouts either way.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Better workouts in the PM for me

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I like am Im fresh the gym is quiet and I like to do my cardio on a semmi empty stomach

roch is offline Member
    in the am I have tons of energy and feel good for the rest of the day. at night I want to pass out and go to bed but am way too wired. workout at lunch and stop thinking too hard.

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    i find that i get more injuries when i workout in the morning. the problem comes from not warming up and stretching enough. also, towards the end of the day your body is naturally more streched out.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I do both... But i preffer the PM because i fuel up better before hand, and like a lot of people say u have more stamina...

getnlarg is offline Junior Member
    I train in the a.m.--It's the only time that can't be F***** with in my schedule. I agree that you need to warm up and/or stretch for an early a.m. training session to avoid injuries. And I don't have to fight for a squat rack at 5a.m.!!

Rock305 is offline New Member
    I prefer PM. I like to do cardio first thing in the morning when doing split routines (2-a-days) and training in late afternoon or early evening. Test level is the highest in the morning, but your glyocogen level is the lowest. So hitting cardio first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything (except water) will help you burn fat, but training in PM when your "fueled-up" will work better for most. PEACE! ROCK

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i work at night, so my am is like everyone else's pm, i workout after work, for a long time i would go to the gym before, but now i find i am a lot stronger after work, especially on legs

legend is offline Associate Member
    i prefer pm. i always feel like i have more fuel for the workouts. plus it helps me sleep. am is good when thats all you can do. i say anytime is great. but for me i prefer pm. like around 4-5pm is perfect.

sdmedic21 is offline Junior Member
    ****, I get the picture....it really doesn't matter then. Just go with what feels best. I would say I am more of a monster in the PM. I lift harder. But in the morning I feel so rested through out the day and pumped up at the same time. I think ill do cardio in the morning, and weight training in the afternoon...

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    guys natural testosterone levels peek at around 4-5p.m. so that might be why some guys feel like they can do more work in the p.m. plus IMO having a few meals digested and running in your system before a workout would be best but thats my 2cents!

I would have to say between 1-5 is good times

longhornDr is offline Member
    I have more intensity in the PM, I usually lift around 7-8 at night and do cardio first thing in the morning.

PM.
    I used to train AM, but I seem to experience Way more lactic burn. Also, although I felt rested, I seemed to run out of calories 3/4 through my workout.
    Plus, as someone had mentioned, injuries are more likely for me in the AM, and old ones DEFINITELY bother me more in the AM.
    I need to Fuel up and loosen up during the day, come home, EAT, (Do a Shot ) have a small kickback session, then hit it!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Cardio AM ..W/out PM

Thread Information