viper702 is offline New Member

Effect of steroids-- myofibrillar hypertrophy

What effect do steroids have on myofibrillar hypertrophy compared to sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?

If I took testosterone (about 250mg a week for 8-10 weeks) and lifted in the 2-5 rep range with 5 minute rest breaks in between sets,(I know you can't stay above 90% for more than 4 weeks because it burns out nereulogical system) would there be a much higher strength gain than if I lifted in the 6-10 rep range with short rest periods?

How much weight gain would there be from the 2-5 reps?

Supposedly 2-5 reps is working the neuro system. If that's the case, how come steroids help powerlifters so much? There must be something else at play???

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    lets see if we can put some more english into your post. your wondering if steroids cause an increase in cell size or an increase in the machinery that causes contraction correct? and then your asking if you should train like a power lifter or a body builder? and then your asking how much weight you could gain from one versus the other?

ive found that a combination of the two works the best for me. as for how much weight you would gain, there are way too many factors involved to try and guess.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah, and filling out your profile will help people answer these questions

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought he was asking something like this, but wasn't sure. I understand now, thanks sin.

I think different things work better for different people. I actually switch up my routine weekly, with a mix of both techniques involved.

-moto

Thread Information