shootdeep is offline Member

medical privacy question

hey bros, i've searched for an answer to this specific question ad have come up empty handed. here it is:
    if you tell your doc that you're using and they write it in their notes, i'd like to know if your med insurance company has access to those notes. i know that the doc shares some info, but are they obligated to share that "juicy" tidbit of info? are there any ways they can "accidently" find out?
    i'm self-employed and buy my own med ins. and that would create quite a problem if they found out. thanks

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    hey bros, i've searched for an answer to this specific question ad have come up empty handed. here it is:
    if you tell your doc that you're using and they write it in their notes, i'd like to know if your med insurance company has access to those notes. i know that the doc shares some info, but are they obligated to share that "juicy" tidbit of info? are there any ways they can "accidently" find out?
    i'm self-employed and buy my own med ins. and that would create quite a problem if they found out. thanks
    Yes, once its in the file, insurance can find out.

Thread Information