CDM
    CDM is offline New Member

anavar...any good???

I am a new member and just signed up with anabolic review. I have about 5 years of lifting experience and I play college football at a Division 1 school. I play wide reciever at 5'9 and 170 pounds with approx. 9% body fat. I want to get more playing time by improving my strength and muscle mass. I am up against players nearly twice my size. I am looking for something that I could perferably take orally. I would like it to be a product that has little to no side effects and something that gets in and out of my system due to drug testing. What would you think about taking anavar for 8 weeks at 40 mg everyday orally with my size? I wasn't able to find any info. on how long it stays in your system...anyone know??? Help me out...need some advice on what to do.

Italiangod65 is offline New Member
    I do know that this would not add much size. However, it would add quite a considerable amount of strengh, with very minimal if any side effects. I have no clue how long it lasts in your system, also 40mg a day for 8 weeks would be a high costly venture.

CDM
    Anyone know how much anavar would cost if I were to buy it in California??? (40 mg everyday for 8 weeks) Do you think that is about the right amount of anavar for for a guy my size???...you think I should more/less???

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I played D1aa ball my self... Var is awsome, the stregnth gains are unbelievable... I would suggest runnin a test it though....PM if u have any question about it......

CDM
    Would I keep my gains for the most part if I were to only take anavar everyday for about 6 weeks or so at 40 mg??? How long would it stay in my system???

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Bro, you wont get much size on anavar . Its mostly for strenght. Take some test with it though and it should be good. Any idea on when you will be tested??

CDM
    Would you suggest taking clomid and/or novadex while I am on or after my anavar cycle???

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    40 mg ed 8weeks = you need pct

bOBeRt is offline New Member
    I'm no expert. But do they not test a fair bit in D1 schools?? Var metabolites stay in ur system for a considerable amount of time, correct? I dunno about you, but if i was in ur case, and have the chance of being tested, I stick with some Test Susp. Awesome strength and weight gain and no metabolites, wait 24-48 hours for T/E levels to get back to normal. Plus Test Susp is a tenth of the cost of var...

Just my $0.02,
    bOB

CDM
    How about taking Test 400 with anavar ...take 40 mg of anavar for about 6 weeks. If you think that that would work well then how much test should I take and for how long. I weigh 170 and I am 5'9 in height.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I agree that you will need some clomid pct. Anavar is a costly drug. I think the cycle you proposed would cost in excess of $500. I will be doing 50mg ed for 6 weeks and it is costing me in excess of $400. Now, as far as anavar being very toxic, I will not get into it, but as much research as I have done on the drug I have seen no medical studies saying 'anavar' being 'very' toxic. It is given to alcoholics with liver problems. It is one of a few steroids perscribed to children with hiv. I feel you will gain a lot of strength and hardness with anavar but the size will not be what you are looking for. Test would be prefereable, suspension if you can get it. Like someone said, I think it would make a good stack. IMO and from experince the .125mg/per lb is a waste and should be taken at a lot higher dose like the dose you suggested. Good Luck.
    Last edited by 50%Natural; 12-01-2003 at 11:36 PM.

Oh, I don't recommend suspension to any first time user bc of twice daily injections but it would be the best for your position. Try cyp or enanthate with 2 injections a week at an amount of 4-500mg a week. Run for 10 weeks at least.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mista flex
    Since it is hard on the liver. I would only go to 5 weeks 6 at most.
    this is not really true. I have recently stopped a 10weeker of var at 50-75mg ED. Liver values were checked every 4wks, and my liver values were good throughout.

CDM
    Is there any type of steroid that works like test suspension that you could take orally???

thanks 956, my point exactly. I don't like hearing that advice from people who don't know any better or who have not researched the drug extensively. I am not calling anyone out or anything but I always see people saying, "No, 17aa, too long" and what not cause they saw another guy post it. Like I said, not calling anyone out but that is the general consensus and I feel differently about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CDM
    Is there any type of steroid that works like test suspension that you could take orally???
    No, you won't keep the gains.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, if your going to do AS, then do it correctly!!! You need to learn to inject. Orals are a waste alone. I was on VAR the last 4 weeks (waiting for the test to kick in) and I wasn't very happy. Rule of thumb: take your body weight and times it by .125. That should be the dose you take with VAR. But I wouldn't take it alone. Research Test prop.

Oh yeah, VAR is VERY expensive. I'm paying 2.00 per pill.

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Rule of thumb: take your body weight and times it by .125. That should be the dose you take with VAR.
    If that is what you were doing then I wouldn't expect you to see results. I have used that formula twice and thought it was a waste of money. That was at the time like 20-25mg a day. That is nothing. If I were you, and from personal experience, take at least 40mg/day. From posts I have seen this is were gains made on anavar are noticeable.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I think as far as football goes, run var for 7 weeks at around 40mgs, then run prop for 10 weeks... IT would look like this
    100mgs prop EOD weeks 1 - 10
    var ED weeks 3 - 10
    PCT right after week 10 is over...

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    If that is what you were doing then I wouldn't expect you to see results. I have used that formula twice and thought it was a waste of money. That was at the time like 20-25mg a day. That is nothing. If I were you, and from personal experience, take at least 40mg/day. From posts I have seen this is were gains made on anavar are noticeable.

Bro, for my body weight, I should be taking around 18mg. I was taking 30mg. I was thinking about upping it to at least 40mg.

BLT

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm confused as to why var is still considered a sissy drug by most steroid users. That stuff is great. Enough said. Maybe a tad on the expensive side...but well worth the price in my opinion. Blows winny out of the water anyday IMO!

~US~

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    A lot of guys have done really well on Var & test prop for eight weeks -if you search you'll find more than one example under Cycle Results.

It has a half life of nine hours so it should be out of your system quickly, though I have no idea how it tests.

I used it myself for only about three-four weeks at the end of my cycle and liked it a lot though I wouldn't do it without test, unless you don't mind feeling like Barney Fife in bed.

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    A lot of guys have done really well on Var & test prop for eight weeks -if you search you'll find more than one example under Cycle Results.

It has a half life of nine hours so it should be out of your system quickly, though I have no idea how it tests.

I used it myself for only about three-four weeks at the end of my cycle and liked it a lot though I wouldn't do it without test, unless you don't mind feeling like Barney Fife in bed.
    My experience with VAR was good strength gains and high Liver levels. Make sure you have your levels checked regularly.

CDM
    Is the only way to get my liver levels checked through a doctor or are there other ways of goin about doing it?

Is the only way to get my liver levels checked through a doctor or are there other ways of goin about doing it?
    I go to a doctor to have everything checked once a month. Not sure if there are alternative ways to check. You should find a doctor who is willing to monitor your health. Be honest and explain what you are doing.

The tests will also show your test and growth levels as well, good way to monitor whats going on.

I agree, my HDL/LDL level was kinda wacked at the end of my cycle but I didn't have my liver enzymes checked, so that's a good point.

There seems to be a huge debate in the lit about how hard orals are on the liver -I've read all kinds of contradictory things. But if it messes you up then that's what matters and nothing could beat being checked by a doctor once a month!! I genuinely don't trust mine.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I agree, my HDL/LDL level was kinda wacked at the end of my cycle but I didn't have my liver enzymes checked, so that's a good point.

There seems to be a huge debate in the lit about how hard orals are on the liver -I've read all kinds of contradictory things. But if it messes you up then that's what matters and nothing could beat being checked by a doctor once a month!! I genuinely don't trust mine.
    I've read different things as well. I've read that Anavar doesn't effect your liver. I disagree, it did effect mine.
    Find a doc who's willing to check you regularly

-S

Swellin Guest
    As far as dose is concerned, I asked the same question...Bdtr was quoting someone else when he said, "40 mg is a great dose...for your mother." I know folks that have run it up to 80. Bdtr will be doing it a lot higher than that on his upcoming cycle...but he doesn't count.

I know, bdtr is either immortal or insane!

I've always read the minimum is bodyweight times .0125 (or is it .125?) I made great progress on 30mg day, though I'd do 40 next time. And I weigh 240.

Absolutely not, unless you don't mind giving it up right away, I've never seen an oral that fairs well in the gains keeping Dept. I use orals cuz I'm impatient, I wanna see it NOW, but I have No Idea why they would ever be ran alone.

liam is offline New Member
    I am a new member and just signed up with anabolic review. I have about 5 years of lifting experience and I play college football at a Division 1 school. I play wide reciever at 5'9 and 170 pounds with approx. 9% body fat. I want to get more playing time by improving my strength and muscle mass. I am up against players nearly twice my size. I am looking for something that I could perferably take orally. I would like it to be a product that has little to no side effects and something that gets in and out of my system due to drug testing. What would you think about taking anavar for 8 weeks at 40 mg everyday orally with my size? I wasn't able to find any info. on how long it stays in your system...anyone know??? Help me out...need some advice on what to do.
    yes it will stay in your system for 4/5 weeks then you will be ok to be tested

Thread Information